NYX dupes for MAC products

sheyla lopez

wow thanks
flower.gif

makeupcupcake

This is an awesome thread. Thank you to all for taking the time to contribute.

Does anyone know a good drugstore dupe of the famous Kim Kardashian lip look of MAC l/l in Stripdown, MAC l/s in Angel and NARS l/g in Turkish Delights?

chickatthegym

^ I have a Wet and Wild Lipstick that is the exact dupe for Angel (doesn't last as long as MAC's but close:) I can't rem the # though... I think it is 611B maybe? It's the round tube so it should be easy to find the pink one. They make a lipliner that's close too 666 might be the #? Not sure about the gloss but I am sure NYX has some:) HTH

makeupcupcake

Thanks, ^CATG^

I'll check out the W&W 611B lipstick. I already have the 666 liner. I'll have to hit up Ulta to find a dupe for Turkish Delights.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

chickatthegym

No prob;) I can look at the exact # of the W&W lippie tomorrow.

Oh and I just saw the poster asking about Creme De Nude... sorry but Summer Love isn't anywhere close either:( But Summer love it my fav NYX lippie! It's super gorgeous! It's more like MAC Viva Glam II which is one of my fav MAC lippies, but they are each unique so I wouldn't call them "dupes". I will check tomorrow and see if I can find a Creme de Nude dupe in NYX:)

Kragey

NYX Snow White and MAC Dubonnet lipsticks, swatched side by side: http://img.makeupalley.com/7/4/3/4/1881479.JPG

sarahbe492

I found some dupes on Temptalia's dupe list by just searching NYX and then looking through them. The ones I was interested in might not all be perfect but here's a few that I jotted down (P.S. on her website it gives the percent close to the original as well as a description of differences):

NYX Natural or Smokey Look - MAC Lust l/g
NYX La-La - MAC Pink Poodle l/g
NYX Sky Pink - MAC Angel l/s
NYX Louisiana - MAC Chatterbox or Saint Germain l/s
NYX Circe - MAC Creme d'Nude or Myth l/s
NYX Echo - MAC Fleshpot l/s
NYX Orange Soda - MAC Peachstock or Myth l/s
NYX Twig - MAC Twig l/s (Go figure!)
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural - MAC Ladyblush Blushcreme
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow - MAC Posey Blushcreme (Excited to try this one as my beloved Posey is retired)

Kragey

PBI: Louisiana is COMPLETELY different from St. Germain. Bright hot pink versus milky bubblegum pink. Orange Soda is quite similar to Fleshpot, though.

Glow is gorgeous and worth every penny!

Caja

I don't have MAC's Creme d'Nude but I have NYX's Honey & Circe and also Revlon's Soft Nude. Here are the swatches..

Caja

I don't have MAC's creame de nude but I have both NYX's Honey & Circe and Revlon's Soft nude. Here are the swatches..

sarahbe492

Does anybody know if theres a dupe for MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi lippie?

I have to say that I don't but I had to chime in and say this one is well worth the money! For 2 reasons: 1) because it is beautiful and 2) 100% of proceeds go to AIDS research!

missah

I know it is, but it isnt available on the MAC website anymore! I really do want to buy the original but only viva glam gaga is available.

shellygrrl

Staff member
VG Cyndi and original VG Gaga were available for only one year. :( I found the glosses on All Cosmetics Wholesale. Cyndi ~ http://allcosmeticswholesale.com/macliviglcy.html Gaga I ~ http://allcosmeticswholesale.com/macliviglga.html ACW doesn't have either of the lipsticks, though. :( Anyway, going solely by website swatches, NYX's Round Lipstick in Eros seems close, maybe a tad lighter? (VG Cyndi was sort of a coralish-red.)

missah

Aww. Thanks for that! But i really wanted the lipstick. I think I'll get two lipsticks from the semi precious collection and I'll save up for one or two of the viva glam lipsticks.
Thanks for that though!!
=D

Latest posts