NYX Products

HOTasFCUK

I got my order a few weeks ago and love NYX! I got:

jumbo eye pencils: slate, yogurt, blackbean (scared to use this, seems oily)
lipgloss: kiss, whipped, sorbet
lipstick: margarita, watermelon, tea rose, thalia, power, peach, topaz, indian pink, ceto, peony, & frosted beige.

And i got my mom 3 glitter eyeliners. Loving everything except blackbean (i was expecting it to be shimmery black but it looks flat to me) and my power lipstick was all smushed up in the cap but i doubt i'll wear it often. I'd like to try their pigments, lip pencils, and more lipsticks next!

LittleMaryJane

I'm afraid of my blackbean too ^ Haha, I have yet to use it because I know whatever I do with it the first time is probably going to look crappy. I'm afraid to mess with black shadows and stuff in general.

I wanted to try some nyx pigments but they didn't have any at my Ulta and I don't know where else to get nyx!

InspiredBlue

IIRC Black Bean is the black Jumbo Pencil? It's supposed to be matte. You can use it as a black base for smokey eyes and such.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
IIRC Black Bean is the black Jumbo Pencil? It's supposed to be matte. You can use it as a black base for smokey eyes and such.

Yup that black bean. When i looked at some pics on mua, it seemed almost shimmery so i thought it would come like that but it msut've been the camera lighting. Its very matte black! I got to learn how to use it properly because i always make a mess out of the smokey eye look! But i love Slate and want to try that for smokey eyes too!

Riet

Dummy question to anyone who want to answer: What's your favourite single eyeshadow from nyx?
smiles.gif

rosegasm

NYX l/s in NYC?

So after some researching and random beauty store hopping, I found a couple of places that sell NYX items. But no store seems to have the full range of their products.
ssad.gif
I am specifically looking for their round lipsticks!

I know Beauty 35 (35th & 8th) has a some, but they are very few (and some are not quite flattering) shades. Plus, their products are a tad more expensive than on cherryculture.com

In the Bronx, I found a beauty store (it's on 149th & 3rdish) that had all the NYX l/gs and pearl pigments (FOR $1.50!!!!) and more (btw this was the cheapest i've seen in stores---comparable to cherryculture prices). But they didn't have any of the l/s at all
ssad.gif

My NYC ladies... halp?

laulovesbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riet
Dummy question to anyone who want to answer: What's your favourite single eyeshadow from nyx?
smiles.gif

I would have to say Beanie! A friend of mine had it and I swatched it on my hand and it was absolutely gorgeous! I never owned it though because it seems that they don't make it anymore. Which is so stupid because it was like a cult favorite!

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelyn0
Has anybody tried the NYX brushes? Are they any good? How's the quality? I saw a display of them at Save On but didn't but any.. they looked pretty appealing and they have quite a selection of different brush types for a cheaper brand.

Check them out:

NYX Cosmetics Canada - NYX Cosmetics

NYX Cosmetics Canada - NYX Cosmetics

I have the B13 Shadow Brush and I use it almost every day. It's reminiscent of the 239, but fluffier. It's my go-to brush for lid application.

InspiredBlue

I haven't used my Flamingo e/s from NYX in a long time, because I remember feeling it was too pink. Well, today I put it on, and it is the perfect wash of color all over the lid for a low maintenance look on hot days like today. Clearly having a tan changes what looks good.
smiles.gif

katelyn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I have the B13 Shadow Brush and I use it almost every day. It's reminiscent of the 239, but fluffier. It's my go-to brush for lid application.

Thanks girl! I can't wait to go back and buy some.

It's weird, here in Canada the Save on Foods grocery stores have a way bigger and better selection of the NYX line than the drugstores.

LoveStoned

hi there, just wondering did anyone find a match in the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss range to the old Tea Rose colour?
001_unsure.gif

It was my favourite lipgloss ever and since they changed the packaging and for some strange reason also the colour (which was perfect) i cannot find another one like it
crybaby.gif
And my quest is that more difficult since I don't have NYX in my country so I can only look through swatches on the net, and that is definitely not the same as trying out the colour yourself
ssad.gif

Just to remind you, here is the picture, the old Tea Rose is on the left and the new one is on the right
cry.gif

P1010203-1.jpg

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riet
smiles.gif

Iced Mocha is not only my favorite NYX e/s but possibly the best taupe e/s I've ever encountered (and believe me I own A LOT of taupes)
heart.gif

franken_stein

I've been craving a nude lipstick for so long, but for some reason I never bought MAC Myth. I've been searching a couple places for NYX Circe, but it was never in stock! So I bought Rea, and I am in love. It's so pretty and so unlike any other lipstick I have! (well. which is why I was craving it.) I might still get Circe if I can find it somewhere to see how it compares.

Do you guys know of a good (inexpensive) lipliner and/or gloss that would go well with Rea? It's so pretty, but it still kind of makes my lips look a bit nonexistent! I have been putting MAC Big Baby on top for now... any other ideas?

make_up_maven

Really weird experience with NYX today at Ulta

Hey everyone - I love the NYX TS01 White/Grey/Black.

One of the reasons I love it is because all 3 shades are matte. The grey may not be totally matte, but close enough. I use the gray shade to blend out darker colors.

Anyway, I went to Ulta today to get a replacment and when I got home I realized that the colors are completely different - frosty! All 3 of them and not very pigmented. The grey is actually SILVER, not grey. And the white has a line going across it where you can see that half of it has faded due to the little window of the case. So, I'm going to assume this is old new stock.

I'm totally confused. Was that trio originally frosty and then went to matte, or was it matte and has now changed to frosty?

I could go and order it from NYX or cherryculture, but I don't know if the formula has changed to frosty from matte or vice versa.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm soooooooooooooo confused! LOL

I cannot find a light grey matte that I can use for blending, I've searched high and low and this was the perfect color.
TIA

laulovesbilly

Re: Really weird experience with NYX today at Ulta

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_up_maven
Hey everyone - I love the NYX TS01 White/Grey/Black.

One of the reasons I love it is because all 3 shades are matte. The grey may not be totally matte, but close enough. I use the gray shade to blend out darker colors.

Anyway, I went to Ulta today to get a replacment and when I got home I realized that the colors are completely different - frosty! All 3 of them and not very pigmented. The grey is actually SILVER, not grey. And the white has a line going across it where you can see that half of it has faded due to the little window of the case. So, I'm going to assume this is old new stock.

I'm totally confused. Was that trio originally frosty and then went to matte, or was it matte and has now changed to frosty?

I could go and order it from NYX or cherryculture, but I don't know if the formula has changed to frosty from matte or vice versa.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm soooooooooooooo confused! LOL

I cannot find a light grey matte that I can use for blending, I've searched high and low and this was the perfect color.
TIA

That is really weird. I had this trio, I gave it to a friend, and I distinctly remember it being matte because that was the reason I gave it away initially. NYX has been messing around with their colors lately though, it's possible they have changed it to shimmer. I purchased mine in February of this year for a reference. Are you sure you didn't get TS20 White Pearl/Silver/Charcoal? Otherwise this is really weird lol

make_up_maven

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response.
I thought perhaps I got the TS20 and but its definately labeled TS01 - and the black seems a lot darker than the charcol in TS20.

I ordered it from NYX directly - so, I'll see when I get it!

Totally bizzare! Thanks again!

sillylilacs

Nyx has been messing with their stuff lately. I have 2 Atlantic shadows that are totally different colors =/ plus their packaging has changed as well.

It's sad though because you WANT a color to stay consistent in a product...why NYX why?! =(

Nicala

Anyone know what happened to mscuppycakes.com??? I want to order from her but the website.. is gone?
ssad.gif