OCC lip tars

ReganW

Quote:Originally Posted by butterflyeyes

Interesting...looking at the applicator makes me wonder if they are coming out with a lip creme or if they are just adding an applicator.

Liquid to matte lipsticks?.... I'd lay money on it.

smileyt06

They would do this after I have almost the whole collection. I'm just going to find a lot of empty tubes on eBay or Amazon and transfer them. I should have thought of this a long time ago

butterflyeyes

They would do this after I have almost the whole collection. I'm just going to find a lot of empty tubes on eBay or Amazon and transfer them. I should have thought of this a long time ago
This is what irritates me a little lol. I have virtually the entire line...having different packaging will bug me lol. Would be different if the formula was different for these. I actually don't have a problem with the current packaging (and worry a little about the wasted amount of product in the new packaging...plus the excess product that may end up being applied because of the doe foot applicator) but I can see the appeal of this for those that tend to need to touch up during the day or who aren't fans of lip brushes.

Dolly Snow

cheerleader.gif

erine1881

This is what irritates me a little lol. I have virtually the entire line...having different packaging will bug me lol. Would be different if the formula was different for these. I actually don't have a problem with the current packaging (and worry a little about the wasted amount of product in the new packaging...plus the excess product that may end up being applied because of the doe foot applicator) but I can see the appeal of this for those that tend to need to touch up during the day or who aren't fans of lip brushes.
They're still keeping the squeezy tubes tho.

butterflyeyes

They're still keeping the squeezy tubes tho.
Yeah I saw their response saying that the tubes would remain. Much easier for mixing. I get the desire for this, but with the formula remaining the same I see the potential for people to over apply and then complain about it despite the fact that it's been long known that a little goes a long way.

beauteblogueur

I like the idea in theory, but I can see it being a bit of a disaster in practice. A shade like Pagan, I squeeze out the tiniest drop possible and only use about half of that. I can't imagine swiping Pagan on with a doe foot applicator, it's such a runny formula I'd seriously be worried the excess product would just run down my chin. I think I'd still have to use a lip brush, and just use the applicator to pat a little product on. That's fine, it's still less messy than the tubes, but OCC is going to get a lot of bad reviews from people who apply these heavily.

sss215

I like the new packaging- especially for the colors that separate. Black Dahlia, I'm looking at you.

erine1881

Yeah I saw their response saying that the tubes would remain. Much easier for mixing. I get the desire for this, but with the formula remaining the same I see the potential for people to over apply and then complain about it despite the fact that it's been long known that a little goes a long way.
Yes, i see many people effing this up!

Heidi K

I thought about doing the same with my collection of lip tars.

I'm glad OCC is finally changing their packaging. I love the lip tars, but just don't wear them because it's impossible for me to touch up on the go.

MissElle12

Yeah, they do! And they have the RTW Lip Tar packaging.
I had belladonna in my cart, and when I checked it was unavailable, along with the rest of the liptars! I will check again. Eta: i dont see any of the traditional lip tars...only primer and the new ones in the rtw packaging. I find it hard to believe they sold out of ALL the tube lip tars so quickly...they were available a couple weeks ago :(

stephshopaholic

I had belladonna in my cart, and when I checked it was unavailable, along with the rest of the liptars! I will check again. Eta: i dont see any of the traditional lip tars...only primer and the new ones in the rtw packaging. I find it hard to believe they sold out of ALL the tube lip tars so quickly...they were available a couple weeks ago :(
Maybe they pulled them for hautelook/ Nordstrom rack?

martiangurll

I wonder if pilot vials has something that would work for this purpose?