Online retailers for Nail polishes & products

notuptoyou

Re: I don't know whewre to get China Glaze!

I couldn't wait anymore, I found a Sally's store and went in for the first time.

AND I discovered China Glaze!!!
drools.gif

I was really surprised to find it here in the UK! I bought 3 bottles and after trying it I fell madly in love.

My favorite polish has been Chanel, but at £16 a pop, I just can't afford it.

I now have a new favourite brand which I actually think will be difficult to tear me away from!
th_DANCE.gif

Thanks girls!

mae13

Question for Canadian ladies:

If you have ordered from Transdesign very recently, what were the shipping charges like?

I e-mailed them a while back, because the international rates they quote for priority flat rate are double the actual price, when you look at the USPS site. They insist that these are the shipping costs. I wonder if perhaps we're having a communication error.

So, if you have ordered recently using USPS priority - what were you charged for shipping?

Thanks!

marquise

I ordered loads of polishes from Transdesign and got shipping confirmation over three weeks ago but they still haven't arrived (I'm in Ireland). I'm very annoyed about it. I've ordered from them before and it was much quicker.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquise
I ordered loads of polishes from Transdesign and got shipping confirmation over three weeks ago but they still haven't arrived (I'm in Ireland). I'm very annoyed about it. I've ordered from them before and it was much quicker.

potentially it is in customs. same thing happened to me a few months ago. usually the orders come within a week. but this one order took 3-4 weeks. turns out because i ordered more opi polishes which cost more i went over the import tax so had to pay about £11 extra.

marquise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
potentially it is in customs. same thing happened to me a few months ago. usually the orders come within a week. but this one order took 3-4 weeks. turns out because i ordered more opi polishes which cost more i went over the import tax so had to pay about £11 extra.

I didn't think of that - thanks. I've had to pay customs before but they are usually quick here and it doesn't delay the package too much. I really hope I get it next week.
ssad.gif

Kragey

Anybody know where I could get disposable nail brushes? I like to mix a clear coat with mica, but I can never get the brush completely clean afterwards, so I'd like to just buy some separate nail brushes.

purrtykitty

Anyone purchased from The Beauty Clutch? There's a few OPI Designer series polishes that are d/c'd and htf for a very reasonable price.

kittykit

Trans Design doesn't ship flat rate envelope/box outside USA anymore. They only offer UPS International Express, USP Worldwide Express Saver and USPS Priority Mail. That's no good for me
ssad.gif
I'm not sure if I'd ever pay $36.51 for 2 polish that will only cost me $8.23.

aussiemacluvrrr

Just read on Jeanette's blog that OPI is forcing etailers to not sell their polishes online anymore
ssad.gif
Transdesign are "liquidating" their stocks of OPI...So everyone better stock up quick if they dont have a nail supply place nearby them and they rely on etailers....

And yes Transdesign isnt shipping with USPS outside of the USA anymore
ssad.gif
such a pity... I was just developing a good little stash of polishes
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

Crap, I really don't have the money to order, but I guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and get what I want now. Shame on OPI.

macgirl3121

OPI does not sell direct to Transdesign or any other etailer that is not a retail establishment. Ulta would be a retail establishment with a web presence so it's not the same. If OPI is being sold in a retail outlet other than a salon it is being diverted by someone other than OPI. And that is why the cease and desist has been sent regarding the sale of OPI on Transdesign and on other etailer sites.

MzzRach

Looks like OPI is taking control of their retailing and cracking down on the online sales to protect their margins and distribution - reminds me of what Bumble & Bumble did with their hair care products a few years ago.

macgirl3121

Re: I don't know whewre to get China Glaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francescaD
Sally's?

Sally's is not a retailer for OPI. Ulta, Trade Secret, JC Penny Salons, and salons in general are retailers for OPI.

As much as you guys think that this sucks, it sucks for salons that retail OPI and can't move it because the etailers are selling the polish for $5 a bottle and OPI is NOT distributing thier product directly to these etailers. Diversion has been a problem for many many years in the beauty industry. With the emergence of etailers the problem has taken a different turn. They are not able to chase down every asian beauty supply that sells OPI (and they do. Ya'll can still pick it up there but not at Transdesign prices). Etailers are easier to find and thus an easier target to hit in terms of sending out cease and desists.

glitzbeary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiez
so now where can i get OPI at a cheaper price? or only can order through ulta.com etc?

Ulta does not sell OPI on its website. Transdesign still has them and it appears that they are no longer liquidating their stock.

enigmatic

I was just wondering what the typical shipping rate is for Trans Design? I saw that a lot of people were buying 15+ bottles and charged around $14-$16. I only ordered 3 and shipping is $10. Is that right?? I'm in California btw.

EDIT: I decided to just go ahead and order a few more bottles to make it worth it. They shipped my package within 12 hours!

cutegingerbread

one of my absolute favorite e-tailers is transdesign.com and they carry china glaze for less that $3!

I've always had great experiences with this site and shipping is very quick (to NY it's about 3 days)