Operation "Use it up"! All welcome!!

SandraVB79

I am a sucker for those yearly/ seasonal releases, and that's how I end up with more perfume than I'll ever need. - Jean Paul Gaultier Classique: not only the summer editions, but they also have sailor girl (empty now), pirate girl, ... - Calvin Klein Summer editions (and I also have the silver one for Eternity's 25th, lol, and then there is Eternity Now, Eternity Moment, ...) - Burberry Summer editions - Yves Rocher Comme une evidence: beautiful LE bottles during the holidays, so I have about 6 different ones, lol I already have enough to last me a life time and I keep on buying, for the collectible "value" of it, lol

VAL4M

I already have enough to last me a life time and I keep on buying, for the collectible "value" of it, lol
I know i'm in the same boat as far as Thierry Mugler Alien flanker I have 4 of them I stopped at Alien Royal Aoud I do not like aoud I mostly smell soap when their is to much aoud in the perfume. As far as Burberry Brit I loved Red and Gold but all the sheer and summer flanker leave me cold... i'm more the BOLD type of girl then sheer. :D

SandraVB79

October empties:
- Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique LE Sailor Girl - edt - 100ml - Nuxe eye cream - 15ml - Yves Rocher after sun lotion - 150ml - Clinique DDML - 30ml - Rexona deodorant - 45ml - Estee Lauder ANR eyes - 5ml - Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 - 15ml - Yves Rocher Jardins du Monde shower gel - 200ml - Spa Collection body lotion - 30ml - Clinique Anti blemish solutions lotion - 60ml - Nivea deodorant - 50ml - Chanel Chance eau vive sample - J'adore Dior edp sample

B

Buffy89

- J'adore Dior edp sample
You seem to finish full size perfume bottles regularly
cheerleader.gif
just amazing. I'm working so hard even to finish all my samples and mini bottles to get rid of them, and it takes forever.

SandraVB79

Well, it's only the first time now since forever that I used samples. I get samples, they go in a jar, I look at them and never use them. Now I took 2 wrt light travelling for a weekend Amsterdam. The fullsize bottles? I apply quite generously, the eau de toilette is never so intense as the eau de parfum. And I had a lot of "almost empty ones", bottles that had 20% or less in them, so I focused on finishing those first. Now I am out of those almost-empty-ones, so I started new ones again, and the circle begins again, lol.

Twinkle_Twinkle

First time posting in this thread.

In the last month or so I've finished a tube of MAC Studio Lights, a bottle of MAC Fix+, a bottle of UD All Nighter, a bottle of DKNY Be Delicious and some face and body staples (a jar of Vanicream, a large bottle of Cetaphil, a bottle of Kiehl's face cleanser), and a couple of skincare and perfume samples.

This month I want to finish off my NARS Radiant Cream compact (the shade is slightly off and I want to get through it ASAP so I can move on to a new pack of the better shade) and a couple of mascaras that are nearly all gone/starting to dry out. I'm a couple of weeks from finishing my Laura Mercier primer. And I want to finally finish my gigantic 4.2 oz bottle of Ralph Lauren Style this month as well. And finally I want to finish off a jar of Kiehl's eye cream, a bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free makeup remover and my stub of Ben Nye brow pencil this month.

I've been trying to finish my Lancome Brow Expert Duo for ages; the brow powder is probably 70% gone and the brow pomade is maybe 40% gone. And I have a pan of MAC Patina eye shadow that is maybe 75% gone that I'd like to finish. And I want to finish 1-2 MAC lipsticks soon. I'm well over halfway through Underworld (it's old but it hasn't turned so I haven't tossed it) and Fashion Revival, which is maybe 40% gone. I have a backup of FR and I want to start on that sometime in 2016 so that I can B2M for a backup when it's re-released again (hopefully it is re-released). And I want to finish my Bobbi Brown Corrector by the spring. I haven't hit the pan yet but I'm getting close. I'm really close to finishing Ralph Hot as well so maybe that'll be finished by November, early December (I actually really like Ralph Hot though...)

Any perfume experts here have a recommendation for scent that is similar to V by Valentino? It's really difficult to find and I loved it.

Mayanas

Next month i hope i can post my Picture with many skin deluxe samples i have a lot. I need to start a rutine not just try samples . And i want to use more my lipsticks i have almost 300 ( lipstick,lipglosses and liquid lipsticks) Also need to use my eyeshadows everyday i have many palletes ( i use them once a month or when i have a party only)

thefbomb

Also need to use my eyeshadows everyday i have many palletes ( i use them once a month or when i have a party only)
that is A LOT of lipsticks, probably have close to 200 and I feel you. Its so tough to finish lipsticks.
I have MAC Rebel and its almost finished I dont wear it as much as I used to but Im REALLY trying. I keep pairing it up with other lippies to make myself wear it more

thefbomb

I'm working really hard to finish MAC Rebel I've been trying to pair it with other lipsticks just so I don't get bored. It actually looks pretty great with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sydney or with the shade London. If any of you have any other suggestions please let me know! I am pretty close to finishing it IMO
a723464e_image.jpeg

thefbomb

Im going to be trying to use up a lot of my older MAC lipsticks, is there a lot left in the tube to scoop out once youve hit the "bottom"?
Is it a good idea to get a lip palette to melt the rest into?

B

Buffy89

Im going to be trying to use up a lot of my older MAC lipsticks, is there a lot left in the tube to scoop out once youve hit the "bottom"? Is it a good idea to get a lip palette to melt the rest into?
There's more than one would expect, but it's not worth depotting/melting into a palette in my opinion. With a brush or a q tip, there's enough left for some days, but it's a bit wasteful because of the brush, of course.

thefbomb

There's more than one would expect, but it's not worth depotting/melting into a palette in my opinion. With a brush or a q tip, there's enough left for some days, but it's a bit wasteful because of the brush, of course.
ok, thanks for the honest input!

DMcG9

Im going to be trying to use up a lot of my older MAC lipsticks, is there a lot left in the tube to scoop out once youve hit the "bottom"?
Is it a good idea to get a lip palette to melt the rest into?
I can usually get out enough to put in a little tester like the little ones Sephora will fill for cream samples. Then I can use a lip brush with what's left.
You can try it once to see if the salvageable amount is enough to be worth it to you. It's almost a third of the lipstick that is slotted into the base, which you know... you've paid for. I think if you put the lipstick in the fridge it shrinks the bullet slightly and it looks like you still have enough of your Rebel to pull it out of the base to see how much is left?
However, if it's a colour you're happy to finally see the back end of, then screw it -- throw that baby on the B2M pile.

thefbomb

I can usually get out enough to put in a little tester like the little ones Sephora will fill for cream samples. Then I can use a lip brush with what's left. You can try it once to see if the salvageable amount is enough to be worth it to you. It's almost a third of the lipstick that is slotted into the base, which you know... you've paid for. I think if you put the lipstick in the fridge it shrinks the bullet slightly and it looks like you still have enough of your Rebel to pull it out of the base to see how much is left?  However, if it's a colour you're happy to finally see the back end of, then screw it -- throw that baby on the B2M pile.
I dug out a Mac lipstick I found at work and broke it off at the base then scooped it out and I did think it was a fair amount. I don't like thethought of wasting anything I've paid for either although I do get a bit bored with it. I'm also out of a job at the end of the month so I want to start using what I have and making it count so I feel it may be a good idea to depot. I just have to decide if I should buy a Mac palette or use something else. The only thing is that I can't picture myself applying with a brush, seems like too much to waste though

VAL4M

I am pretty close to finishing it IMO
I finished 4-5 lipsticks this year but none were dark colours ... i'm trying to finish Chanel Gipsy Scarlett lipstick and I know already it will take me forever because the staying power is really good so no need to re-apply every 3 hours like a more creamy my lips but better shade. :(