Operation "Use it up"! All welcome!!

VAL4M

Ok so in February i told myself I will ''pan some palettes'' this take the longest time ever .... and worse this little challenge hasn't stop me spending my money on other palettes :(
Anyway just because I'm kind of tired and need some thumbs up here my progress
That was in February 2015

Dior quint Petal Shine only hit pan on one eyeshadow and Lancome quad only hit pan on 1 eyeshadow

Now September 9th I hit pan on all 5 eyeshadows on the Dior Petal Shine (this is my most used palette so far)
Lancome palette hit pan on 3 eyeshadows but the peachy bronze is close to pan.

0ef721ec_IMG_1726.jpeg
3ec30e9e_IMG_1725.jpeg

In February I only hit pan on 1 eyeshadow on the Lancome palette and one eyeshadow on the Dior Quint Spring bouquet

Now September 9th 2015 I hit pan on 2 eyeshadows on the Lancome and 2 eyeshadow on the Dior quint (but close to pan on the light grey eyeshadow top corner)

e7403bfa_IMG_1724.jpeg
983593cb_IMG_1727.jpeg

I want to finish the top two palettes but the bottom two I'm still undecide because lets face it, the lancome palette with the 2 dark blues eyeshadows it will take forever to used it all up and the texture is not that nice as for Dior Spring bouquet I have not attention to used up the white eyeshadow and as for the palette itself it is not the most flattering colours for my skintone so I might just tossed it January 1st 2016!

SassClassBeauty

August Empties:
Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
Purity Facial Cleanser
Caudalie Polyphenol C 15 Anti-Wrinkle Defense Serum
Tarte Amazonian Clay Double Detox Exfoliating Facial Mask
Ole Henricksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser Travel Size
Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
Dry Bar Detox Dry Shampoo Travel Size
Sephora Collection The Natural: Citrus Brush Cleaner
Sephora Collection Express Cleansing Wipes

Repurchased most of these, I'm in the market for a new eye cream though. I'm currently working on sample size of the Ole Henricksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel. I've already used up a product in September so that's exciting. I need to focus more on using my makeup products like eyeshadows, lipsticks and lip glosses. I'm close to finishing a gloss (Buxom White Russian) but I don't think I've even made a dent in some of my other products...
ohboy.gif

VAL4M

August empties
1.Clarins pure melt cleansing oil (HG love that makeup remover already using my backup)
2.Lancome Color fever Gloss in tumultuous (I'm not a lipgloss person so my goal is to used all my lipgloss and to not repurchased any for the rest of my life, i know kind of drastic but I know myself i have to force myself to wear lipgloss)
3.Deluxe Sample Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel (I kind of like it but I discover something equivalent and that work way more (it is more expensive but still) so won't repurchase
4. Bliss That incrdi-peel (HG love already repurchased)
5.Caudalie Glycolique Peel mask (would not repurchase to gentle for me didn't see much difference on my skin)
6.MEDPEEL Retinol moisture cream (might repurchased sometime when I will finish all my cream it was nice for my oily skin)
7.Purge Biotherm White Detox mask (meh)
8.Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse moisturizing cream (I like that cream my 2nd tube will repurchased)
9.Sample Neostrata Toning solution level 2 (HG acid toning lotion) I have a full bottle this came with it
10.Gosh eyeliner in Truly Brown (really like that eyeliner need to finish a bunch of eyeliner before repurchased)
11. Deluxe sample Clarins eye cream
12. Deluxe sample Clarins Serum Phyto-Tenseur (meh)
13. Sample Lancome Advanced Genifique (NO WAY will never spend that kind of money on crap *sorry* but look at the ingredient list and this have minimum active ingredient for a ''serum'')
14. Sample Mona di Orio Les nombres D'or Tubereuse - lovely scent I prefer Vanilla and consider buying a bottle of Vanilla (the bottle is quite expensive 250$) but i'm not a fan of tuberous so I will pass but for Tubereuse fan this is a must try.
15. Sample Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Love I already have Black Orchid and I prefer Velvet might purchase a bottle)
16. Sample Hanae Mori perfume (this smell really unisex, I have no problem with unisex perfume but I do not like it enough)

Hopefully see you next month :)

kerry-jane88

September Empties 2015
f21dd16a_image.jpeg
Better show than last month as I've tried to power through some samples and also whittle down the steps in my routines. I've decided I can do without toners and all the extra add ons I've convinced myself I need in my day to day life!

B

Buffy89

561c8002_20151001_143038.jpeg
Adding my September empties, too. As always, some samples, but I'm especially proud that I've finished the two eye pencils and that annoyingly huge bottle of conditioner. It seemed like a bargain when I purchased it, but I like to change my hair products every few days so it took me a year to finish it.

thefbomb

You all do so well, I wish I had as much progress. I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by my collection, especially my lipsticks. I love having a bunch to choose from and I have a good variety but I find it difficult sometimes to pick a shade since I have so much. I also think I need to shake up my makeup but I'm not sure how...

kerry-jane88

You all do so well, I wish I had as much progress. I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by my collection, especially my lipsticks. I love having a bunch to choose from and I have a good variety but I find it difficult sometimes to pick a shade since I have so much. I also think I need to shake up my makeup but I'm not sure how...
With my lipsticks, I grab a few I feel are neglected and put them on my vanity right where I can see them, if I don't reach for them within a certain time frame then they're passed onto someone else or put into a bag and out of sight for me to think about and then if I don't find myself missing it then it goes :) it's hard to let go of the 'oh but I might want to wear this vampy colour one day' or 'this colour is so pretty' mentality but try and be honest about your useage and see where that takes you :)

B

Buffy89

I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by my collection, especially my lipsticks. I love having a bunch to choose from and I have a good variety but I find it difficult sometimes to pick a shade since I have so much. I also think I need to shake up my makeup but I'm not sure how...
I'm not sure how much you've followed the Low Buy thread, it was a real inspiration and really motivational for me (also the 2014 one still is a really good read and I'm still re-reading some pages sometimes when I need some motivation).
I've found out that those games/challenges like theme makeup, project pan etc. aren't really working for me, but I did a 30 day lipstick challenge once and I really got to know myself, my habits and preferences. It really helped me to purge some colors.
My biggest problem is being too attached to LE stuff and "saving" my LE lipsticks instead of using them. So I prepare a weekly/2-weekly basket with certain items to remind myself to use them and enjoy them instead of hiding them in my drawer.

I totally hear you being overwhelmed by all your lipsticks! Although I've done my purge, I still own about 70 lip products and sometimes it can be really annoying to chose one. At the same time, I'd like to purchase a new one from time to time. Till the end of the year, I'm planning to buy no lip products and even to keep my B2M empties until 2016, so I can use what I own. I've finished only two lip products in my life so far, and with 70 in my kit, this won't happen again soon, but I'm tired of all those shiny new items in my stash that don't get touched, so even a dent makes me happy.

SandraVB79

i have 241 nail polishes, and since I can't choose which colour to use, my nails are bare. So I'm not the good person to give tips/ tricks for scaling down on lipsticks :)

thefbomb

I'm not sure how much you've followed the Low Buy thread, it was a real inspiration and really motivational for me (also the 2014 one still is a really good read and I'm still re-reading some pages sometimes when I need some motivation). I've found out that those games/challenges like theme makeup, project pan etc. aren't really working for me, but I did a 30 day lipstick challenge once and I really got to know myself, my habits and preferences. It really helped me to purge some colors. My biggest problem is being too attached to LE stuff and "saving" my LE lipsticks instead of using them. So I prepare a weekly/2-weekly basket with certain items to remind myself to use them and enjoy them instead of hiding them in my drawer. I totally hear you being overwhelmed by all your lipsticks! Although I've done my purge, I still own about 70 lip products and sometimes it can be really annoying to chose one. At the same time, I'd like to purchase a new one from time to time. Till the end of the year, I'm planning to buy no lip products and even to keep my B2M empties until  2016, so I can use what I own. I've finished only two lip products in my life so far, and with 70 in my kit, this won't happen again soon, but I'm tired of all those shiny new items in my stash that don't get touched, so even a dent makes me happy.
With my lipsticks, I grab a few I feel are neglected and put them on my vanity right where I can see them, if I don't reach for them within a certain time frame then they're passed onto someone else or put into a bag and out of sight for me to think about and then if I don't find myself missing it then it goes :) it's hard to let go of the 'oh but I might want to wear this vampy colour one day' or 'this colour is so pretty' mentality but try and be honest about your useage and see where that takes you :)
I also tried a project pan and it didn't really work for me either, maybe I should take a peek in the low buy thread as well and maybe also try a 30 day challenge. I think I can manage that. After I posted this I changed up my lipstick organizers a bit. I usually have my muji drawer on my vanity with all my liquid lipsticks and lipstick crayons, that stayed the same. I also usually have a 24 slot lipstick holder on my vanity with my newer shades and favs and then off to the side I have 24 slot holder with other random ones. I decided to put older ones and ones I'd like to use up in my lipstick holder on my vanity since I usually reach for those first. Since then I've been mixing it up a bit. ill use some oldies like yesterday I wore pleasure bomb (probably one of my first Mac lipsticks) and today in wearing a newer lipstick to try it out. While I love using up something I'd like to mix in some new stuff since I have it... I don't have many that are low though, it's difficult to get through them but I'm on my way! I have Ruby Woo about halfway done and missing in action. My Rebel and Candy Yum Yum are less than half and I have about 3 that are a quarter to half way done. I might put more pressure on myself to wear those more often. I did do a purge several months ago and my sister was happy to accept some lipsticks, I haven't bought many new things since then. I know I definitely need to do a low buy. I'm going to try not to buy for the next little while. I saw last night that a local store is going to have the LA Splash lipsticks that I've been dying to try so I know I'll try a few and probably get a few to gift. I also wanted a few Lime Crime ones but I may hold off. The place I work at is closing end of November and I honestly don't know what I'm doing after that so I need to control my spending and work with what I have. I think I'll definitely try to use up what I have and collect my empties for a little while Thank you both for your input!! :)

thefbomb

i have 241 nail polishes, and since I can't choose which colour to use, my nails are bare. So I'm not the good person to give tips/ tricks for scaling down on lipsticks :)
And I thought I had a lot of polish! Wow! I feel you on bare nails because you can't decide. Definitely happens to me too and I have nowhere near as many as you. The struggle is real!

VAL4M

October used products
- 2 sample of Lierac Magnificence cream (like it)
- sample Clarins Multi-Active Day cream (Meh)
-Deluxe sample Uriage Hyseac Matt cream (really like it will purchase when I will finished all my cream)
- DuWop Blush Mango
-Shiseido Lipstick in RS701 (Like it but really similar to MAC Feed your sense that I have)
- Guerlain Terracota lipgloss #70 (like it but will not repurchase i'm just not a lipgloss girl)
-Gosh Nougat Crisp Lipliner (like it might repurchase on day when I will be done with all my other lipliner)
- 3 perfume sample (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Or des Iles, Serge Lutens Datura Noir and Balenciaga Paris ) all 3 are really nice perfume but not enough that I will purchased them.

Purge:
Angel perfume
7 Julep Nail polish

dodotheextinct

Hello everyone! I haven't posted much in the past few months but I have finished a lot of items in the past 2 1/2 months since my last post. An exciting few months for me since I tossed out a lot of expired sheet face masks to whittle down my collection from 68 to just 20 sheet masks. It sucks that I have essentially tossed out money but thankfully it has helped me think twice about my mask purchases.

Anyways here's the photo

Total empties - 38 products (with 8 being makeup products)

I hope everyone is doing well with their products and goals!

SandraVB79

My September empties:
- D&G Light Blue - 25 ml - Lancaster lotion - 400 ml - Calvin Klein Eternity Summer - 100 ml - Clinique cleansing foam - 50 ml - Only You nail polish that has gone bad - La Maison des Senteurs hand cream - 50 ml - Pure DKNY drop of rose body butter - 100 ml - Seaweed Therapy shower gel - 2 x 30 ml - Spa collection shampoo - 30 ml

B

Buffy89

c4f7ff47_20151031_101525.jpeg
October empties! Sorry for the horrible picture quality, but it's so dark and gloomy here and I just wanna post and toss everything :cheer: - Le Petit Marseillais shower cream vanilla: I really love that stuff!:eyelove: It's not availabe here in Germany, but I will repurchase it when I'm on a trip to the Netherlands - Roche Posay Effaclar face cream: staple, repurchased - Gliss Liquid Silk conditioner: might repurchase one day, but there are too many other brands I'd like to try - Clinique blemish solutions cleansing foam: way too harsh for my skin, too irritating (used it to clean brushes in the end) - Fructis shampoo sample - Annayake men eye contour care sample: at the moment, I'm still usng up all the eye cream samples I got as GWPs. Actually, I like men's eye creams more for my eyes. Won't repurchase anyway because Annayake's too pricey for me. - Annayake Mascara Volume sample: this was horrible and got dry and flaky after a month already. - four perfume samples did not include stuff I use up regularly like hairspray or soap. Not too many empties this month, but for November, I already can see it will be more!

jennyap

My September empties:
- D&G Light Blue - 25 ml - Lancaster lotion - 400 ml - Calvin Klein Eternity Summer - 100 ml - Clinique cleansing foam - 50 ml - Only You nail polish that has gone bad - La Maison des Senteurs hand cream - 50 ml - Pure DKNY drop of rose body butter - 100 ml - Seaweed Therapy shower gel - 2 x 30 ml - Spa collection shampoo - 30 ml
How on earth have you managed to use up the Eternity Summer - that was only released this summer, right? That is seriously impressive!

SandraVB79

Actually, I think it was last year's Eternity Summer, or even from the previous year. There is one every year; I already have a few (same with Jean Paul Gaultier Classique)

Latest posts