Over it

amoona

Thanks for all the kind words and feedback everyone. Today and yesterday were a little better but I'm still hurt. :-( Luckily this weekend I've been flocked by regulars who are nothing but sweet.

MisStarrlight I feel like eventually I'll do the samething you did. I've heard a lot of stories of people who just get burnt out and quit right then and there. One of my friends took a break away from MAC and stepped down as a freelancer until she felt like she could come back as a perm. In reality I'd probably do it but I NEED the money bad right now.

And Lara, believe me I would if I could. Sadly we don't get the same holiday privilieges here like in Europe and Australia. We get two weeks for the entire year and you have to build up those hours and you can't take them together. Another reason I probably wont make it through the year. I can't even travel overseas or anything.

Thanks again everyone.

MissMarley

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for all your stress...I hate it when customers go out of their way to be cruel. Focus on the ones who are good, who make you smile, the ones you actually look forward to seeing. I'm not sure of your management's view of this, but if someone is truly awful to us, we are allowed to refuse them service and ask them to not return.

Bernadette

I'm sorry to hear this. I would hope your manager wouldn't want you to be treated that way and would have no problem with you defending yourself towards rude customers. I feel that there are ways to respond back to people with a certain tone and words that let them know that you are not going to be spoken to that way but you're not going to fight with them either. I think sometimes just a look or a really short but blunt answer does it. It's kind of a thing you have to master. I often get recruited to deal with difficult customers because I can kind of put em in check. Also, if someone is being super rude you should feel comfortable haivng your manager step in and take over. It's their job to support you and if that's what it takes in certian situations, they should be ready and willing.
I do think a transfer sounds like a really good option because honestly, it might be the type of customers you have at that location in general.
Hang in there!

Torias22

I have worked retail before and know how you feel but it roll off like water on your back- you can't let them take the joy out of a job you really enjoy. It is so sad think that some people have make others feel bad to make them selfs feel good what a miserable life they have.. let it go. Keep your positive attitude and keep rockin your career girl!