Paints Vs. Shadesticks!

Isis

I don't have oily lids and my shadesticks crease too. I love my paints, they stay right where I put them.

Glow

i like shadesticks better than paints. Mine never crease, apply easily and such and I have oily lids...

Paints, I dont know. Im trying to get into them still

vampygirl

I actually like them both. I used my Sea Me shadestickyesterday and it did help my shadow brighten up and stay put. But if forced to choose, I'm still a Paint girl!
smiles.gif

user4

personally i prefer paints for base (ss crease on me most of the time)... but ss have more pigmentation and work better alone...

saj20052006

I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_mac_addict
I'm probably going to be the only person to say this, but I hate Shadesticks. The colors are great, but I bought Sharkskin and doesn't go on easily and it creases. I've got really oily eye lids, but still. I adore Paints though. Especially Flammable, Stilife and Pixel.

I like the Shadesticks. They really make your shadow colors POP, but I have oily lids and the paints work better. I love Flammable, Bamboom, Pixel and Artjam.

lilchocolatema

Paints are my fave. In order for me to make shadesticks work, I have to layer them over paints. It's really a paint. I used Crimsonaire in my crease this weekend, so I had to use the 249 brush and work the shadestick onto the brush to apply it to my eyes. Wearing the shadesticks alone on my lids would be an oily mess.

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_mac_addict
I'm probably going to be the only person to say this, but I hate Shadesticks. The colors are great, but I bought Sharkskin and doesn't go on easily and it creases. I've got really oily eye lids, but still. I adore Paints though. Especially Flammable, Stilife and Pixel.

No, ma'am, I have to say that as much as I wanted to love the shadesticks, they just didn't apply very well on me. So it's paints all the way for me. I had Royal Hue and wanted Sharkskin; was so terribly disappointed when RH didn't really work out for me
ssad.gif

Sharkskin and Graphito look pretty similar, however, so it's not a total loss.

iluvtinkerbell23

I like the shadesticks better. they make your shadow colors show a lot better. my fav s/s is overcast. works as a base for ALL colors, and makes them look like they do in the pot.

mz_fallenstarz

i know this wasnt on here but Ive found shadestick with a light layer of a paintSTICK over it really hold the color and it doesnt crease. but ya my shadesticks crease on me =/

Gabrielle

My lids tend to get oily and shadeshicks alone are awful but when used over paints, they don't crease as much.

sunwater83

I like them both for different reasons. I really like using shadesticks for adding oomph to my shadow application. I like using the paints more as a shadow base. I get a better color payoff with the shadesticks because they don't dry as quickly as the paints. But I do feel like the paints tend to look more dry than the shadesticks and the eye area has to be very well moisturized before application.

Jessica

I personally prefer paints, in particular Bare Canvas. It's incrediably versatile and I can use it under ALL of my shadows. I find that with shadesticks I'm not able to apply them as precisely as I would like to and I have to match color groups :::shrugs shoulders::: I'm kinda low key and like things to be easy and straight forward. I've bought three shadesticks and hardly ever use them. Whereas I have several paints and use them virtually everyday (one at a time of course).

I love that paints are easier to apply and the color intensity is very easily modified. I still haven't been able to "manipulate" the shadesticks like I would like to. Of course others swear by them and my opinion is that you should probably give both a try and see which one works best for you. Right now is a great time to give them a shot with the Holiday Sets being released. $28.50 I think for a myriad of colors to play with.

Best of Luck

Jaim

I really like both and I don't really compare them to each other. I use Bare Canvas paint or the Fresh Cement shadestick as a base and don't have problems with creasing or anything. Maybe I'm just easy to please!

lovejam

I haven't tried either, but from the sound of it, shadesticks are not right for me. I've got oily eyelids, see, so things crease *really* easily on me. I guess once I run out of Primer Potion, I'll go for paints.