Paints

Danapotter

I went to my local MAC store and have confirmed reports that the paints are being discontinued. Sorry if everyone knows this already, but I thought people would like to know!

thmbup.gif

kuuipo1207

Yeah I heard they were slowly going to be weeding the paints out to replace them with the paint pots.

Dizzyray822

I also have had a few chats with MAC LIVE CHAt and they say that a few colors are being disontinued but not all. Most stores will tell you that they are but i think that they are jsut assuming.....I might add that when i got married like over 2 years ago the MA that was doing my Make-up was saying that there were threats of them being discontinued. Either way I plan on stocking up on Stilife.....my total fav.
Well...here is a copy of my recent Live chat:

info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Andrea. How may I assist you?
Desiree: Hi Andrea....I was told that the paints will now be discontinued due to the new paint pots. I LOVE stilife and untitled and this would be awful. Is it true?
Andrea:[SIZE=+0] Hi Desiree![/SIZE]
Andrea:[SIZE=+0] One moment while I check on that for you.[/SIZE]
Andrea:[SIZE=+0] Thank you for your patience. At this time there is not information stating that all paints will be discontinued. There have been a few shades discontinued but Stilife is still available.[/SIZE]
Desiree: What about Untitled?
Andrea:[SIZE=+0] Not being discontinued.[/SIZE]
Desiree: Awesome. Thank you.
Andrea:[SIZE=+0] You're welcome![/SIZE]

KTB

Ack that would be terrible!! I just got some Paint Pots and like them but still love my Untitled paint. Thanks DR for posting that Untitled isn't a colour that's suposed to be d/c.

Danapotter

Okay I did a live chat and they said Flammable and another one were being discon'd!

Sorry for the miscommunication!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danapotter
Okay I did a live chat and they said Flammable and another one were being discon'd!

Interesting. They have been "discontinuing" flammable for almost a year now.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Interesting. They have been "discontinuing" flammable for almost a year now.

Lol. I wonder how similar Artifact is to Flammable...?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle

I think Artifact is a little more purple/violet.

Danapotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
if they are discontinuing Flammable, how come there is no triangle next to it?

That is a really good question.
hmm.gif

sigwing

hmm...Bare Canvas was "sold out, find stores" on the website the other night, and I'd wondered if it's real similar to the Painterly Bare Study & might be being phased out in the Paint format.

I love both, too, and would need to hoard some Stillife and Untitled, at the very least.

shesparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danapotter

Do you remember what the other one was?

That makes me sad, an MA in the LJ mac_cosmetics comm said they specifically asked at update and none of the paints were being d/c'ed.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
hmm...Bare Canvas was "sold out, find stores" on the website the other night, and I'd wondered if it's real similar to the Painterly Bare Study & might be being phased out in the Paint format.

I love both, too, and would need to hoard some Stillife and Untitled, at the very least.

bare study is very similar to stilife. and painterly is similar to untitled. but i do not think there's any paint pots look like bare canvas. i used live chat a couple days ago, here's the reply
Quote:
me: are they going to discontinue more paint colors?
Amy: They might eventually. However, the more popular Paints they'll keep.
Amy: I'm not sure which shades those are, I imagine it being: STILIFE, BARE CANVAS or UNTITLED.

kuuipo1207

Quote:

I wouldn't say they're alike at all...I did a swatch for the two in the specktra swatch thread.

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:

Artifact is very similar to Cranberry in color. Artifact is a burgundy/plum with red pearl, and Flamable is a more pigmented true red, and it looks more matte then Artifact does.

honesty

paints> paint pots.

true story. I have to use paints with my paint pots to make them work for me.