Paints

kyoto

Am I the only one that likes to consistency of the paints? Maybe its just me but they adhere to my brush and are easier for me to apply than the paint pots. It just seems that I have to swirl around in the pot more just to get the same amount of product that I can get in one try from the paint tube. I guess I'll have to start the hunt for the ones that I love.

doodles

I almost had a heart attack when I saw this thread. I just got turned on to the paints! Bare Canvas to be exact, although it's gonna take some practice!
winks.gif

thanh13

I don't find I get the same results from the Paint Pot as with the Paints. I love my Paints!!! Especially with Bare Canvas, I never want it to die!!

rbella

I've never understood why a cosmetic company will launch perfectly good products that people love and then discontinue them. I understand the necessity to keep up with the times and always be thinking bigger and better but it is so friggin frustrating when you find something you love, declare it your HG and then POOF! It's gone. Why? Why?!!!!

It bothers me that MAC launches so many limited editions. I sometimes wonder what's the use of purchasing the inventory of the almost constant limited editions they launch. I will fall in love and then be scared to death to use it b/c I can't get my hands on it again. Just like the Seinfeld episode on Today sponges.

If they were to discontinue bare canvas paint I would die. Die I tell you!!!

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I've never understood why a cosmetic company will launch perfectly good products that people love and then discontinue them. I understand the necessity to keep up with the times and always be thinking bigger and better but it is so friggin frustrating when you find something you love, declare it your HG and then POOF! It's gone. Why? Why?!!!!...

Haha! Sometimes in my sleep deprived moments I feel as if there is a conspiracy theory going on with MAC! They take wonderful products off the market, and then slowly have secret agents selling them on eBay and such and give MAC a percentage. Wow. You can tell that I've been running on eight hours sleep for the past two days!

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Haha! Sometimes in my sleep deprived moments I feel as if there is a conspiracy theory going on with MAC! They take wonderful products off the market, and then slowly have secret agents seller them on eBay and such and give MAC a percentage. Wow. You can tell that I've been running on eight hours sleep for the past two days!

ooohh, that is a good theory!! SOB's!! I get so mad!!
angry.gif
You're absolutely right about it showing up on ebay, it's so annoying b/c they will sell it for an outrageous price. then you have to worry if they are legit or not!!! aarrgh!

Maybe I need sleep to.
th_dunno.gif

genduk26

There is black triangle next to architecture
ssad.gif
. I have 3 back-up for Bare Canvas!! I use paint under my paint pot. Can't live without paint
cry.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesILikeFlowers
Ooh no, my favourite Paint Chiaroscuro has the ToD. Don't know if this is old news.

the ToD wasn't there thursday! new news.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesILikeFlowers
Ooh no, my favourite Paint Chiaroscuro has the ToD. Don't know if this is old news.

I've heard people say that they didn't like it but I love it. That and Bare Canvas are the best to use with bright colors.

wordgirl

If they DC Bare Canvas I will stage a riot. Seriously.

and Chiaroscuro seems to be completely gone from the site now. what a shame.

blazeno.8

I hate to say it, but despite all of those livechats, in my opinion it does look like paints are being discontinued (or at least toned down to the more palatable colors for the general public). Notice how first the really bright colors vanished. Around the same time, the very bright shadesticks vanished. Now, little by little, even some of the more reasonable colors are getting TODs. For instance... Cotton Candy and Deep Shadow (my HG paint).

Otherwise they might be doing some odd form of "market research" by TODing something and then removing it later to see how it affects demand when the supply is finite. I remember seeing Flammable with the TOD once, but looking today it's gone.

bebs

I'm going to cry, I love my paints to death.. looks like next paycheck not only the next collection but also buying the rest of the paints that I dont yet have

drebaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
I hate to say it, but despite all of those livechats, in my opinion it does look like paints are being discontinued (or at least toned down to the more palatable colors for the general public). Notice how first the really bright colors vanished. Around the same time, the very bright shadesticks vanished. Now, little by little, even some of the more reasonable colors are getting TODs. For instance... Cotton Candy and Deep Shadow (my HG paint).

Otherwise they might be doing some odd form of "market research" by TODing something and then removing it later to see how it affects demand when the supply is finite. I remember seeing Flammable with the TOD once, but looking today it's gone.

funny u say that, i bought my first paint last week (flammable) i went to nordys at southcenter, the girl said they were discontinued she didnt think they had anymore but she would check.and when she found one she had a puzzled look on her face, when she rang me up she said i got lucky since she was under the impression they wee discontinued and they no longer had them

xoMACox

I just called my MAC pro store...they still have quite a few left of cotton candy so I'm heading there TONIGHT!!!
th_DANCE.gif

TamEva Le Fay

I was just told yesterday by my MA that they discontinueing all, but three paints.

Stilife
Bare Canvas

and I think either Base Light or Untitled...one of the two, I forgot which.
I'm sorry!
th_dunno.gif

I'll get back to you on this.

nadiya

Phew!! I thought MAC would be crazy to discontinue bare canvas.
tong.gif

Shame about the other colours though.
thmbdn.gif
Think I might get one or two before they're gone.

miss_supra

I didn't like the paints because the tops always came off and after a while the tubes always broke on me. I have better luck with paint pots.

bebs

I'm mad now... they can't just take it down to three I'll cry I'm still upset about them not making and putting new ones out and now they are taking away old ones too.. this is messed up, but at least for a while we do have the gone but not forgotten program and can still find them that way.