Past Collections Party @ MAC in MD

benzito_714

it was after the mall closed and they did two time slots and the items were regular price (forgive the run-on sentence). the only sketchy thing about it was that all the main entrances were locked so you had to go in through a side door. i would have liked there to have been a sign or even a mua at the door showing people the way. oh and the mua's dressed like the collections. it was cute.
i was slightly underwhelmed but its not the store's fault i am just going through a minimalist stage with makeup so things really have to be special for me to give a damn. i picked up evening aura e/s, synched up l/g, cloudburst e/s, and stormwatch e/s, and some cards from the kids helping kids fundraiser/promotion. to tell the truth i am returning both cloudburst and stormwatch because i have colors that are similar and bolder. i hope to exchange them for newly minted and clarity.
all in all it was a nice party and all the mua's were cool, i think i may make this my go to freestanding store.

crystalado

I went and it was a lot of fun! I always enjoy going to Mac in Columbia! I always go there! Everyone is always really helpful and eager to please! I got a lot of things while I was there! Since I am relatively new to collecting, there were so many things that I had never seen before. Especially when they first openend the door! But all in all, it was worth it and I would definitely go again if they have another party!

elmo1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalado
I went and it was a lot of fun! I always enjoy going to Mac in Columbia! I always go there! Everyone is always really helpful and eager to please! I got a lot of things while I was there! Since I am relatively new to collecting, there were so many things that I had never seen before. Especially when they first openend the door! But all in all, it was worth it and I would definitely go again if they have another party!

I what did you end up getting? And how far back did the collections go? You MA people are so lucky here in MICHIGAN. they do not do anything like that/

MACa6325xi

I went yesterday evening and was not impressed. First of all, they didn't open until close to 7PM. Basically, this location appears to be cleaning out their closets. They had some items from FAFI (lipsticks, lipglass, quad1, rollickin paint pot, girl friendly, perky, and the dolls). Then they had some items from McQueen, Antiquitease, 3D, The Originals, Stylistics, etc. They had quite a few Beauty Powders left, but no Heatherette, 1 nail polish from the N collection. I felt it was a really high pressure sales event. They were presenting the Smoke Signals quads as if they really had them (which they did not). They were making up quads of similar colors. I bought one which I may take back if I can find similar colors at the CCO. One MA tried to sell me lipsticks from Mattene, which they had a lot of. Overall, if you missed some of those collections; then this was a good event. However, some of the items they had can be purchased at the CCO cheaper. The cookies, soda, and water were a nice touch.

Note: They were also selling the current collection, but I think the emphasis was on the older ones.

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
hey marci, im gonna talk to timothy about this and see if we can make it happen at our store. in fact just today we organized all our old limited life stuff, we have stuff from as far back as smoke signal!

can someone who went give me some info on this, did they do this after store hours on a sunday or something? why was there "time slots"? were the items regular price? id love to do this at our location.

Unfortunately, all of the items were regular price. This was held after the store closed yesterday. There were time slots because the store is small and I'm sure they don't want 100 people in this small store all at one time. Do you have any Smoke Signal quads at your store???

couturesista

It was nice, hot, and crowded. I didn't see anything from the past collections that I wanted, so i just stocked up on the essentials, more amber lights, expensive pink and I brought Idol eyes I never had that before. The CCo in Arundel Mills does have most of what they were pushing. I'm going there when I get off work today, I'll keep you guys posted in the CCo forum.

elongreach

Yea, I wasn't too impressed. By the time I got there at 8:30, it seemed like even slimmer pickings. I did buy quite a bit, but it was basically essentials. I did see one of the "premade" quads that I really liked. It was their interpretation of heatherette, so I did buy those shadows. However they were all permanent.

I didn't get into MAC until just after N collection. So this was good for me, but if they were to have one next year, I highly doubt I would go. If I didn't get it the first time around, I don't need it.

BadPrincess

Ditto on what MACa6325xi said... I was not impressed at all, I drove a long way for basicly nothing. I bought the smoke signals quad because yes they were presenting it as Gentle Fumes quad.. at the register I seen her ringing up the shadow pans & quad.. I told her thats not what I asked for. She said yes its the quad, I left the store opened my bag & was pissed, I knew it wasn't the quad!!! I walked back in & returned it, I let her know it wasn't right to present the quad as something its not, that it ened up costing more then the quad would have & that these shadows are permant not LE!

I was standing there for an hour waiting for them to open & there was nothing that great.. MACa6325xi I was the one standing at the cornor by that plant in front of the store, I was first in line.. maybe we seen eachother
smiles.gif

RobinG

Sorry to be tagging onto this tread so late. We should have a MD Specktra get together. then Bum rush the freestanding store. lol

NewlyMACd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinG
Sorry to be tagging onto this tread so late. We should have a MD Specktra get together. then Bum rush the freestanding store. lol

I'm down for a bum rush,
yes.gif

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinG

I'm even later than you!
lol.gif
I'm gamed, I was just at the Store and counter yesterday. That sounds like fun!