Past Collections Party @ MAC in MD

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
^^Well I'm not expecting anything extravagant and rare,....

That's a good way to approach it.
smiles.gif

benzito_714

i'm going to the event at 8:30 and my hopes are for n collection items. i am excited but i am also on a budget.
cutey.gif

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelah
They probably won't have anything from a couple years ago.. mostly from '07. We have these events all the time and it is basically products that we haven't RTVed yet and want to see what we can get rid of first.

You are probably correct. I was told that they are going back "13" launches. I guess that's stuff from 2007 up until now. This type of event is supposedly the first of it's kind at this location and possibly this area. It should be quite interesting.

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I wish we had some type of way to recognize each other so we can say HI or maybe take a photo to post on SPEKTRA!

HA HA!!! Maybe someone could hold up a sign like they do in the airport that says "Specktra." We could also possibly wear some of those Hello name tags.

You can ask all of the Specktra members to meet in front of Panera or even in front of the Apple Store initially because the area in front of the MAC store will be so crowded and the store is so small. I dislike crowds so I don't want to linger to long. I hope to get in and out.

benzito_714

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I wish we had some type of way to recognize each other so we can say HI or maybe take a photo to post on SPEKTRA!

i was thinking the same thing. i will be wearing a white rose on my lapel. just joking
th_LMAO.gif
aren't some of us going at different times? i know i am 8:30. or at least i think i am 8:30.

Tashona Helena

From what i remember yeah the store is small so when I saw one person say 100 I was like uhhh haha how is that going to work? I dunno what I'm going to be wearing yet but I'll be the one with the accent lol (since I'm from Southern DE).

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by starangel2383
i wish they had one of these sales in florida

It may happen at a store or counter near you.

The MAC counter in Belk's (Destin, FL) had such a party in January. A MA showed me what they would be selling and IIRC the oldest things I saw were items as far back as Nocturnelle, October 2006.

I didn't attend 'cause I didn't see anything I wanted or was that rare (to me) – although, they did have Subtle, Entremauve pigments, Lightscapade MSF, French Grey es, etc. But nothing from collections before October 2006.

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
HA HA!!! Maybe someone could hold up a sign like they do in the airport that says "Specktra." We could also possibly wear some of those Hello name tags.

You can ask all of the Specktra members to meet in front of Panera or even in front of the Apple Store initially because the area in front of the MAC store will be so crowded and the store is so small. I dislike crowds so I don't want to linger to long. I hope to get in and out.

I don't like crowds either, so I plan on scoping out the goods, get what I want and leave. I've been to a couple of MAC events and they're always packed to capacity, hot and loud, but fun. If you want I don't mind meeting in front of Panera, my time is at 6:30 just let me know!
thmbup.gif

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
From what i remember yeah the store is small so when I saw one person say 100 I was like uhhh haha how is that going to work? I dunno what I'm going to be wearing yet but I'll be the one with the accent lol (since I'm from Southern DE).

Your blog is hella cute, of topic but I thought I'd mention that. I love the entry on extentions, good info
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by starangel2383
i wish they had one of these sales in florida

hey marci, im gonna talk to timothy about this and see if we can make it happen at our store. in fact just today we organized all our old limited life stuff, we have stuff from as far back as smoke signal!

can someone who went give me some info on this, did they do this after store hours on a sunday or something? why was there "time slots"? were the items regular price? id love to do this at our location.