• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

pinky coral tutorial

smiles4c

*whooo* let's see if I can get this all put together right
rofl.gif

here's what we're trying to achieve:

00whatweregoingforandtheendresult.jpg

and here's what we need to do it:

00ingredients.jpg

SK Smudge brush
EoB crease brush
SK small e/s brush
SK medium e/s brush
some art store fine-tipped lining brush
EoB powder brush
EoB blush brush
EoB blender brush (that would be the weird smallish one next to the blush brush)
eyelash curler

MAC Beige-ing shadestick
MAC pigments in Vanilla, Electric Coral, and Deep Purple
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
Maybelline XXL WP mascara

Tropez Natural Nude l/l
SK Happy Go Lucky l/g

EM semi-matte foundation in Fair
EM multi-tasking concealer

okay now that that's out of the way...here's the obligatory terrible nekkid picture of my face!
weeping.gif

01barefaced.jpg

now you know why I wear makeup!
rofl.gif

Why I do my eye makeup before my foundation...

I know it seems really backwards (and if you're anything like me, you see the naked skin and have a terrible urge to cover it in foundation ASAP) but I find that I make a big mess on my cheeks with my eye makeup, and if I'm already wearing foundation I'll just have to end up redoing it. I know some people hold tissues and stuff under their eyes but that's too much of a pain for me so I just get all the messy eye makeup done, clean up the fallout with a baby wipe, and then go ahead with the foundation!

whatever works for you, but this is what works for me
smiles.gif

ANYWAY!

first I apply the shadestick to my lid as a base...I use this sometimes, and UDPP sometimes, depending on which one I find first (and whether I'm doing a matte eye look - shimmery base doesn't work well for that)

02shadestick.jpg

next (no real pic of this), I put a little water or mixing medium (either works fine IMO) on the back of my hand. I take my SK small e/s brush and wet it in the water so it's *just* damp, not drippy. Then I dip it in the Electric Coral pigment, getting this

03brushwithelectriccoral.jpg

then I *pat* it onto the lid...rewetting and redipping if needed

04applyelectriccoral.jpg

all applied, it looks like this

05electiccoralonlid.jpg

then do the same thing to the other eye!

after you get the color on the lids, take the SK smudge brush and dampen it and dip it in the Electric Coral, and apply to the lower lashline

06applyelectriccorallowerlashline.jpg

then do the same to the other eye!

after that, take the SK medium e/s brush and apply Vanilla pigment (dry) from the crease to the brow...I do my highlight like this so that the dark pigment (coming up) is easier to blend and sheer out
lol.gif

07applyvanillahighlight.jpg

ditto on the other eye!

then take the EoB crease brush, dip it (dry) in the Deep Purple pigment (just a tiny bit!) and draw it into the crease

08applydeeppurpleincrease.jpg

ditto on the other eye!

then take the SK medium e/s brush again and blend the line up and slightly out

09blenddeeppurpleincrease.jpg

ditto on other eye!

then take the SK smudge brush again and dip it (dry) in the Deep Purple, and apply to the outer 1/3 of lower lashline

10applydeeppurplelowerlashline.jpg

ditto on other eye!

then take the SK medium e/s brush again and soften the edge a bit, and blend it into the Electric Coral where they meet

11blenddeeppurplelowerlashline.jpg

ditto on other eye!

and here's how it should look so far

12theeyesofar.jpg

okay!
lol.gif
now use the SK smudge brush and pick up a bit of Vanilla pigment (dry) and apply to the inner corner of the eye

13applyvanillainnercorner.jpg

ditto on other eye.

now take some liner brush (mine's an art store brush, use whatever fine-lining brush you have) and dip it in the blacktrack and apply to the upper lashline. I like to start in the middle of the lid and go to the outer corner, then go from the inner corner to the middle 8)

14applyblacktrackupperlashline.jpg

ditto on other eye.

now use the same brush to line the rims

15applyblacktrackrims.jpg

ditto for other eye.

how the eyes should look so far

16theeyetothispoint.jpg

now do your foundation, however it is you do it! here's mine (EM semi-matte mineral foundation in Fair) I apply with the EoB powder brush.

17applyfoundationpowder.jpg

and here's my concealer, with my funny little EoB blender brush

18applyconcealerpowder.jpg

now curl your lashes (it makes a huge difference!). Clamp down (lightly) in about five different places along the lash, it'll make a more natural and even curve than if you only clamp in one or two spots.

19curllashes.jpg

and mascara!

20applyXXLmascara.jpg

now use the blush brush to apply Electric Coral pigment to your cheeks as blush

21applyelectriccoralasblush.jpg

now apply the Tropez Natural Nude l/l to your lips

22applynaturalnudelipliner.jpg

now the SK Happy Go Lucky l/g! I wish all lipglosses had brushes like this, instead of those dumb doe-foot applicators...

23applyhappygoluckylipgloss.jpg

aaaaaanddd TAADAAAA! we're all done!

00whatweregoingforandtheendresult.jpg

that was fun!
rofl.gif
I hope you like it!

slvrlips

I must get some pigments I never thought to buy them before but I will now
I love this look
Thanks 4 sharing

farra712

This is gorgeous and it is just the tutorial I have been looking for. I have such a hard time blending the crease color sometimes, and using the highlight all over makes total sense! Thanks! Also, I am in love with your foundation...

koolmnbv

Great Tutorial!!! You make it look so easy and effortless! I will try these 2 pigs. together for sure now, I never would have put them together before this! thx great work and MU looks fab

mezzamy

that was one of the best tutorials ive ever seen! the picture quality paired with your directions make it such an easy tutorial to follow. please do another one!

koolmnbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzamy
that was one of the best tutorials ive ever seen! the picture quality paired with your directions make it such an easy tutorial to follow. please do another one!

O yes please do another if you get a chance!!! I really enjoyed this 1!!

Tulip

Great tut. Love the foundation on you. Do you find EM foundation better than Pure Luxe? How are the EoB brushes likes? TIA

Pei

I've been waiting sooooooooooo long for this day & it's so worthwhile.

Great tut hunny bunny! I love it
winks.gif

U're an inspiration!