Porcelain Beauties: Rants and Raves for foundations

lilibat

I have been using MAC Studio Fix compact in NC15 which is a good enough match, the new Mineralize SPF 15 in NC15 is too dark for me. It's fine if I use lighter powder to set it which I did today.

purple_pumpkin

Can anybody help me?
I've posted pic in the recommendation forum, but did not get responds, i know im pretty light, i have rough time trying to find lighter foundations in my country, so im looking to order some foundations online, but dont know for what shade to go for...
heres the link to pics >>> http://www.specktra.net/forum/f188/r...cluded-160416/

Thanks in advance
th_worship.gif

staceb1990

Just thought I'd let you all know that the new Physician's Formula SPF 50 powder foundation in translucent light is almost the exact same color on my skin as Studio Finish Powder in N3. I have yet to wear it throughout the day, but I'll update what I have a chance to really try it out. But the reviews on makeupalley are very promising
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

I've been using Meow's Flawless formula in Sleek Siamese this winter and it's probably the best foundation match I've had so far ever. Every now and then I feel like I'd like to venture back into liquid foundations for more polished looks, so this thread is some interesting reading.

lindas1983

Right now i'm loving givenchy's skin tonic foundation in shade 501 lift dragee. It's taken me awhile to get used to the thick cream consistancy as i'm used to liquid foundations but this is the best colour match i've ever been able to get (macs nc15 is too dark and too yellow for me) and my blush and highlights go over it like a dream. It gives great converage too without looking cakey.

Turpentine

I've been using Kanebo Cream Finish for a while now, I managed to pick up 2 jars since it has been discontinued. It's great to use during winter time due to its creamy formula, and it definitely gives you the "porcelain doll finish". But I still think that it might be to heavy to use for spring and summer time, so I will probably be trying out Chanel Vitalumiere since it is much lighter but it will still give you a dewy finish
smiles.gif

Lalai

I recently tried Dior's Diorskin Nude in 010, which was really nice to put on and had the right coverage but somehow made my skin look a little sickly and tired. Maybe it's too yellow for me, has anyone had a similar outcome? If you have any recommendations for a pale foundation that'd give a natural glow, I'm open for suggestions
th_confused_new.gif
My skin is pretty pale, cool and pink toned. I haven't found a MAC foundation that'd be good for me but I have a concealer in NW15. Thanks!

malvales

I'm so loving MAC Mineralize SPF 15. With little product it gives me flawless look that lasts for a long time! It's compact and creamy. I think it's really practical compared to fluid and powder. It's so light and feels like second skin to me. And i love the fact that it's mineralize...

m_floffy_boes

I used to mix Illamasqua's rich liquid foundation in white with MAC's mineralize skin finish foundation in NC15, however I think they started to react strangely to each other, as just recently the consistency changed completely and went really...bitty...? As if bits of the foundation clumped together and wouldn't blend out.
So I've abandoned that now, and I started using Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation in Alabaster. It's too dark for me however, so I really needed to extend it onto the neck and ears, which was a pain in the arse.

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday, and they have a new foundation, and the Alabaster in that one is much lighter than the Alabaster in the Skin foundation. So I bought it, and hopefully it will match my skin okay.

Nastka

After 9 years of looking for a reasonable match, I found one that is almost ideal: the NARS Firming Foundation in Siberia topped off by a dusting of their Loose Powder in Snow. I tried Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte, but they are leaning yellow and darker. I used a sample provided by a wonderful eBay seller, and ordered the full size the same day I found out from narscosmetics.co.uk. I'm sooo excited!
party.gif

So considering that, assuming I wear this foundation, any idea what others might suit me? I'm getting greedy and want as many options as I can get!
tong.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I have been using MAC Studio Fix compact in NC15 which is a good enough match, the new Mineralize SPF 15 in NC15 is too dark for me. It's fine if I use lighter powder to set it which I did today.

I 2nd & 3rd this. Just tried the Mineralize today & its too dark, very similar to Fix Fluid in colour. The Fix Powder & Studio Sculpt run light, so i'm ok in NC15 in those.

purple_pumpkin

I didn't know if I should have opened a new topic, but i thought that I will get more answers here...

Do you porcelain beauties have sun allergies ?

I have sun allergies almost my whole life, but the recent years it has been such a struggle
ssad.gif

Today, after more than 6 months of winter, it's 28 celsius, and the minut i walked into the sun, my skin litterly started to burn, and get so red, that I just went back to the house
ssad.gif

And I had sunscreen factor over 35spf
nonono.gif

manthanoelle

Suggestion for those of you who are below the NC/NW 15 line, I'd suggest you trying more professional grade lines.

If you're like me and feel like being so pale it amplifies your trouble spots so you prefer something a little thicker I'd say try something like Graftobians HD cream foundation Professional HD Makeup - Graftobian - Glamour & Hi-Def Makeup - Hi Def Glamour Creme and Theatrical Foundations - -Hi-Def Glamour Creme Foundations, 1/2 oz. Dish they have a SUPER wide shade range and a comparison chart to other foundations so if you know a certain color in one comparison brand is too dark you know what's lighter to go with. You can also order samples of graftobian foundations at camerareadycosmetics.com incase you dont want to commit to buying fullsize.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_pumpkin
I didn't know if I should have opened a new topic, but i thought that I will get more answers here...

Do you porcelain beauties have sun allergies ?

I have sun allergies almost my whole life, but the recent years it has been such a struggle
ssad.gif

Today, after more than 6 months of winter, it's 28 celsius, and the minut i walked into the sun, my skin litterly started to burn, and get so red, that I just went back to the house
ssad.gif

And I had sunscreen factor over 35spf
nonono.gif

That happens to me when my rosacea is irritated by heat indoors or out...it may not necessarily be the sun per se that bothered you?

Dar

im nc15 and i have found a few brilliant matchs, Mufe hd in 117 & Nars Sheer glow on gobi. Love them both
smiles.gif

xKiKix

i found two great foundation. lancome dual finish fragrance-free powder (Matte Porcelaine Délicate I) and shiseido advanced hydro-liquid compact (100 very light ivory)

with lancome's dual finish i can use it wet for a beautiful matte coverage when my skin isnt as dry. but now that it is winter time my skin needs moisture and i am really like shiseido's foundation. although the 100 very light ivory is exactly the same as the darker shade in eve pearl's hd foundation in fair.

Beauty11111

I love the colour of NARS sheer glow in siberia it’s a great match for me but I don’t like the way it sits on my skin. Could anyone recommend another foundation that is similar or a bit lighter in colour to the sheer glow in siberia? I have very light skin but with a strong yellow undertone and most light foundations are sadly too pink. I’ve also tried NARS sheer matte and firming foundation and they are sadly also too pink. I love Bobbi Brown foundation and I’ve tried every one of her foundations in alabaster but they are all too pink and look unnatural on my skin :-(.

MissPanther

I use NC35 Studio Fix Fluid, and I have to say that it's the best kind of foundation that I've found for myself yet. I use to use Maybelline's Dream Matte (I'm fairly sure it was by Maybelline), and I was never satisfied with the tone of my skin.