Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35/pa+++ Discussion

ShesAFoxyLady

Hey everyone! I just spotted the MAC Beauty Balm online!!!

Ooooh, someone please buy it and let me know what you think so I know whether I want it when it releases here, lol!
girlhaha.gif

There are some reviews on MUA but someone mentions using it OVER their tinted moisturiser? I thought this was a primer-type product that went on before foundation, is that not right?

ETA - googled it and found this. Turns out that it is exactly what I thought it was!

<< MAC has unveiled a new product that is said to help deliver long-lasting illumination to all skin types. MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm UVA/UVB SPF35 PA+++ is described as the ultimate multi-tasking product. It serves as a colour perfector, face primer, UV protector and hydrator. The end result of using MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm is flawless looking skin, according to the brand. The product can be applied to skin before foundation for a smoother application and enhanced wear throughout the day, or worn alone to even out and illuminate the complexion. >> Source: moodie report.

zomgcory

Nothing new but i thought i would share.

Erika: Hi Cory
Cory : hello
Cory : what exactly is BB cream used for
Erika: It's a lightweight beige-tinted primer that will provide you with the appearance of smother skin and it helps to enhance the wear of foundation.
Erika: I actually like to use it in place of foundation on my clients with your skin type - for a very sheer look with SPF.
Cory : does it work on all skin types and under tones
Erika: It also helps to hydrate the skin and illuminates the skin.
Erika: Yes, it works on a universal array of complexions.
Cory : should i set with powder or use it alone?
Erika: If your skin is oily, I would set it with powder but it's not necessary.
Cory : thankyou!
Erika: I am glad I can help!

shontay07108

I love the name and the promo shot for this beauty balm. It's a bummer I probably can't use it, though. It seems that products with spf, specifically spf above 15, seems to irritate me and break me out. I always hear about the importance of spf, but I can't seem to wear it. Go figure.

Swirlgirl

I would seriously buy anything that promo image was promoting. Gorgeousness!
Do we know if it is available at counters or is this a FS and online only thing?

I have been wanting to try a BB cream after a little youtube watching recently - so hopefully this one delivers. I'll probably try it when I get my few Surf Baby items in a week or two.

(too funny that I am trying another face product though - just this Saturday I told my hubby I was DONE trying new foundations, I found my be-all-end-all in Lancome Teint Miracle! LOL and here I am less than a week later excited to try 'the next latest and greatest")
I'm curious to see if this really delivers or if this is one of those things MAC rolls out in the hopes of getting this type of product into the marketplace. I do find it really hard to believe that one shade is supposed to suit all - but who knows? If it is more of a primer, maybe it will??

LMD84

Do we know if it is available at counters or is this a FS and online only thing?

I have been wanting to try a BB cream after a little youtube watching recently - so hopefully this one delivers. I'll probably try it when I get my few Surf Baby items in a week or two.

(too funny that I am trying another face product though - just this Saturday I told my hubby I was DONE trying new foundations, I found my be-all-end-all in Lancome Teint Miracle! LOL and here I am less than a week later excited to try 'the next latest and greatest")
I'm curious to see if this really delivers or if this is one of those things MAC rolls out in the hopes of getting this type of product into the marketplace. I do find it really hard to believe that one shade is supposed to suit all - but who knows? If it is more of a primer, maybe it will??
i hope that it is of good quality and does what it says it will :) i'll be buying it when it comes out in the uk :)

sosdrielle

Erin mentioned in another thread, I think it was the Early Buzz, that the Beauty Balm is online only. I really was looking forward to trying this, but this means I can't as we have no online store here. Ah well!

ThePowderPuff

I am excited now. I have just read the reviews and they also talk ebout enhanced wear. I have never found a primer that will enhance the wear of my foundation. I am all over this if that is true!

LMD84

it's online only for the states so perhaps that means it will be in stores as well for us guys?

Rubiez

Whooo! I heard of this when it was released in Asia [I think?] because I absolutely love bb creams and collect them! I immediately ordered it this morning when I saw it in my email hahaha

Another note to add for those unfamiliar with bb creams is that they're originally meant to be used kind of like a tinted, with healing properties, moisturizer for sensitive/post cosmetics surgery skin, not so much as a primer. Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see how MAC formulates it

martiangurll

Has anyone tried this IRL and can share their experience? Does the BB really blend in no matter what your complexion?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's a review that I found of the BB:

http://makeupforlife.net/2010/07/mac-prep-prime-beauty-balm-uvauvb-spf35-pa-review.html

Apparently, it's been available in some airport duty-free stores for a while, but it's being made more widely available. It's funny, because in the review she says it's only suitable for lighter skin tones, but the product itself looks darker than I could wear and waaaaaayyyy too light for most WOC.

LittleMaryJane

Thanks for the review link, Kate! I want to try a freakin' BB cream seeing as I've yet to try any at all. I don't think this one is the one I want to start with though.

Hilde

So it's not like a normal BB cream that is worn alone? This seems to be marketed as a primer.

Latest posts