Pro Palettes- Limit of 3?

aeroSOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by invadersads
i'm a little confused about the whole pro palette thing. i have 2 but i bought both on ebay. can someone who is not a pro card holder still buy them? or can you only buy one if you're pro? and if so, does that mean anyone could buy them at a cco or do you have to have a pro card?

anyone can buy them @ a freestanding MAC store or a PRO store, PRO card holders just get a discount and can order them at macpro.com pretty much.
YOU can also call the 1800 number and order by phone. anyone can shop at a CCO.

ladyiej

wow thats crazy i would send mac a email but thats justy like with my pro card they only allow a $250 spending limit a dayb/c people sell stuff

lara

The maximum purchase policy has been around for quite a few years now. I know with the MAC pro program there's a three unit limit, and with the general MAC website there's a four unit limit.

As for whether it's enforced in store, that would be up to the AM - some will have all stores abide by the purchase policy at all times, whereas other areas might not even be aware of the policy or are encouraged to make exceptions.

As with all things, it might pay to call ahead next time and confirm with the manager/keys at the store.
smiles.gif

calbear

Yes there is a limit of 3 of the same SKU by rule. So supposedly you can only buy three of any item including 15 palette pans, at a time. We will sometimes let it slide but it is rare - since we used to have a big problem with people coming in and blatantly telling you that they are going to put items on eBay.

Quite a few locations don't follow the rule or even know about it unless they had problems in the past. Corporate made it clear to my store that it was imperative that we followed the rule as they found quite a few of the eBay sellers that they discovered were buying items in our region.

So it's not just about the sale for MAC - they are also trying to stop the reselling.

Meryl

I just bought three the other day. It never occurred to me I was at their limit.

Mine always break... does this happen to anyone else?

And to the poster who asked, I think they are $14.00 here in Canada.

1QTPie

I'm not an ebay seller. But I see it like this. It's my money. Once I purchase something, I have the right to do with it what I please. MAC cannot control what a person can or can't resell period. That's like Louis Vuitton telling people that they can't consign luggage. It's not their business.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QTPie
I'm not an ebay seller. But I see it like this. It's my money. Once I purchase something, I have the right to do with it what I please. MAC cannot control what a person can or can't resell period. That's like Louis Vuitton telling people that they can't consign luggage. It's not their business.

mac can refuse to allow people to purchase products if they find out they are buying stuff just to sell it at higher prices on ebay.

Swtest2Lips

I went to the pro store on monday and purchased 4 palettes without any problems-thats weird that some stores will limit you.

glamdoll

I work in a store too and any item is limited to 3. We can ask a manager, and its up to their discretion to allow more. Usually they don't. But it doesnt hurt to ask. Its not anything weird, just policy. Taking your husband would be a good idea
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

Yep, I've always been told at my freestanding that you cannot purchase more than 3 items with the same SKU# in the same day. They also have a $500 limit per day. I believe its up to the manager's discretion though. I was doing a CP for a friend & wanted to buy 4 of the same MSFs & was told I could only buy 3... but they allowed me to go over the $500 limit. *shrugs*

JediFarfy

Weird. I bought 4 eye and 1 blush palette with no problems. I've heard of the 3 rule with other things though.

JF

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFarfy
Weird. I bought 4 eye and 1 blush palette with no problems. I've heard of the 3 rule with other things though.

JF

actually, mac's limit is 4 of any item, even for us employees. but apparently some stores/counters have altered it to three. locations can alter policies based on the purchase history, and even inventory, at that spot. if they have people buying too many of a certain item, they can lower it to 3 if they want, or even 2. or, if they don't alot of inventory of LE items, they lower it as well, leaving enough LE items for other customers. its all at the discretion of the manager.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFarfy

JF

actually, mac's limit is 4 of any item, even for us employees. but apparently some stores/counters have altered it to three. locations can alter policies based on the purchase history, and even inventory, at that spot. if they have people buying too many of a certain item, they can lower it to 3 if they want, or even 2. or, if they don't alot of inventory of LE items, they lower it as well, leaving enough LE items for other customers. its all at the discretion of the manager.