Pure Luxe (all)

sigwing

http://www.pureluxecosmetics.com/

Someone had a FOTD a couple weeks ago using eyeshadow from this site, so I did a search and found it & ordered several. They come in jars with shaker tops in them and are loose powder, and I loved all the colors I've tried! You should check them out. They have a lot of brights and naturals, some more sparkly than others, and they sell sample jars! You can order with PayPal, too. I liked them so much that I've ordered a few more, plus a couple samples, and a couple of the blush powders.

There's 3 or 4 pages with shadows/liners on them.

They also have a forum at Delphi that there's a link to. I checked it out a little, and saw pictures of the girl who posted her FOTD here. I'm glad I looked because it's pretty nice stuff and not bad prices, esp. being able to get samples of stuff you're not completely sure about getting a full size of.

Just thought I'd share my recent discovery! I'd never heard of them before.

user4

wow, I've never even heard of it... the colors looks nice... i wonder how the pigmentation is... they all look really light.

leopard_print

Hmm, some of their pigment-type products look very worth checking out. I just wish they had a more um, fashion-forward, website! If I end up getting anything I'll report back.
smiles.gif

sigwing

sxychika...I hadn't heard either, but now that I've tried them, they're similar to pigment powders and you can use them wet or dry. I tried one called "Vogue" that looks like a deep dusty purple that goes on dry not quite as dark as you'd think, which is good because to make it pop you'd want to use it wet, which I haven't worn it that way yet. A couple others I swatched on my hand had nice finishes to them, a couple with a slight iridescence. I just randomly ordered some colors and I have a couple different ones on the way! I think I like them so far, and the price was good.

Leopard, I know what you mean about the website! It was weird trying to figure out where all the shadow shades were because they have them willy-nilly over like 3 pages with different descriptions & it's kind of confusing, so I just clicked on ones that looked like something I'd wear. I'm anxious to get the blusher powders I've ordered.

Ada

Oooh-- I love Pure Luxe! Despite the appearance of the website, the products are very high quality. I normally wouldn't have ordered from a company I'd never heard of with a website that's so disorganized, but the owner was posting on another forum that I'm a member of and she's really nice and very professional. I bought a bunch of pigment samples and I really like them. I have to say that I don't use them terribly often, but that's because I'm not really a pigment person (I prefer pressed shadows). But the colors are really great and they're very pigmented (when applied wet, which is how she suggests using them.)

If anyone wants me to swatch the samples I have, I'd be happy to.

Susan

These are mineral eyeshadows, so think Bare Escentuals. The ultimates have great pigmentation and make wonderful wet-liners when mixed an agent or water. The lighter shades of eyeshadows are really watered down and go on extremely sheer since they don't have enough pigmentation. I would suggest going with the more vibrant or darker shades of eyeshadows and the ultimates. The sample sizes are very generous. I have many Pure Luxe products.

leopard_print

Yeah, I am wondering too? Is the business owner like, blowing smoke all over her products, or is it just a particular ingredient that triggers your allergies?
I would not be too enthused about getting a makeup product in the mail that reeks of stale smoke! (NOT to imply that is what's happening, it's just a funny thought
smiles.gif
)

sigwing

I haven't noticed any smoke smell even in the packing, which is where I'd notice it, and I've got a sensitive nose to the smell cuz I don't smoke.

I agree that Leopard is a neutral!!!! I adore leopard print too!

Susan

I let Chris know privately that there indeed was a problem with smoke. As I said, except for the light(er) eyeshadows including my namesake which are very sheer, she has some nice products.

jasper17

So I see a lot more people using Pure Luxe these days... I have a couple samples and I'm seriously loving the products. So far, I've tried the eraser, creme foundation and Straw shadown (which is pretty much a dead ringer for MAC's Old Gold pigment). Placed another order for a couple more shadows (Suede and Rapture), April's Mix, a sample of Moisture Spritz and since my skin has been insane lately, the calamine soap.

Has anyone used any of the skincare products? At this point, that's what I'm most interested in as I already know the other items work fabulously.

mpicky

I have severl pigment samples, I think they are great. Some colors are bold, I have a teal that Ilove to wet line with. I really like them, the price can't be beat. I just ordered random samples of colors I wanted to try out. I say definately give them a chance.

jasper17

So maybe this is sort of blasphemous but I think the main reason why I'm selling off my MAC collection is because I am seriously hooked on Pure Luxe. In the mail today, I got some April's Mix, Suede and Rapture shadows, Moisture Spritz and the calalmine soap and I'm so happy with everything, I just made another order: 2 powder foundations for mixing, a blush (which is supposed to be akin to Nars' Orgasm), two more shadows and a tinted corrector...

Love love love it!

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
Padmita uses their stuff...you can see it in her FOTD's which are always gorgeous!

I agree.

lovejam

I just ordered a small jar of Eraser (that stuff just looks *cool*), color corrector for my mom, and some e/s samples. The samples I got were Chocomint, English Ivy, Tea Rose, and Mermaid. Also got a lippie sample of Deja Vu.

I wonder how long the samples last. Does anyone know? I just hope that once I get them, they'll last at least a couple weeks so I can afford to buy full-size jars once I run out.
smiles.gif

sigwing

My samples are pretty good size & the stuff is concentrated, it's like MAC Pigments, I think, so I think a couple weeks is easy. I love that you can get samples like that & not spend a ton. I'm now wanting some Eraser!!!

a914butterfly

i ordered some eyeshadows and blushes samples and they just arrived this morning. they look very pretty and seem to be highly pigmented. can't wait to try!

KJam

I may be the only one who hates the pigments from this line. I got some samples and found them to be totally lacking in quality. I thought they were too sparkly (and I love sparkles), not well pigmented, didn't adhere well to the skin or last long, and in general nowhere near the quality of MAC's pigments.

Just my experience, though. Some people love them.

Padmita

Oops, I totally overlooked this thread before!! I just saw it when it popped up now... I have been using Pure Luxe since last April I think, and that's the company that has really got me into make up! I mean I used some before, but never worrying too much about application and stuff. With PL I became a total addict because it was a very cheap possibility to equip myself with a whole bunch of colors which allows to be much more creative than when you have only 10 lonely e/s sitting in your traincase
lol.gif
compared to the choice of more than 300 shades I have now... I own about every shade from PL that suits me (which are quite a couple) and use them regularly. I did a lot of eyelooks back when I was starting with PL but I was just beginning to develop my skills so I won't post them here
graucho.gif

I have recently been doing swatches for PL and MAC lookalikes since there are a few - jasper17 is right, PL Straw is identical to MAC Old Gold, I swatched both and they are the same color:

straw-oldgold.jpg

I will be doing more swatches soon...