Pure Luxe (all)

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Sweetscents and Pure Luxe colors

Can anybody tell me which Sweetscents and Pure Luxe colored pigments are similar to MAC pigment colors?

TIA!

Damfino

Sorry if this is listed elsewhere but- is there anywhere online that has a list of Pure Luxe shades?

mspiggy

DSC07737.jpg

Some sweetscent swatch for anyone interested.

astronaut

I am so upset at myself for buying pure luxe. I spent about 60 dollars worth of eyeshadows and although the shades look great, most of them don't apply well at all. Even with a base I find that it doesn't apply evenly. I'm soo dissapointed...

del

I recently put through and order and received it yesterday and had a play

I took swatches of the 21 shadows and before and afters using Eraser

+ Photobucket album
+ All swatches on one page (warning - large images)

My favourite shadows are:

+ Bullion (the metal shadows are amazing)
+ China Blue
+ Forged
+ Glory
+ Khaki
+ Lush (A dark, sparkly green. Think Sophie Ellis Bextor in the "murder on the dancefloor" clip)
+ Pure (very similar to MAC white frost)
+ Rockstar
+ Rococo (this is the most beautiful vibrant blue)
+ Visions (this makes a nice liner for a peach eye design)
+ Retro

Wasn't blown away by Black Tie or Minerella. Black Tie is nothing like MAC Black Tied, which I hoped it would be. It's very washed out. Might be ok if you wet it and use it as a liner.
Minerella sat in the wrinkles of my skin and not on top. It's a dirty purple on my skin

Eraser is amazing. It's like airbrushing your face when you use it. I painted it on my lips and it made all the creases in them look like they have dissapeared!
I took before and afters of me using it on the tiny lines next to my eye

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...e%20luxe/8.jpg

Mirtilla

I tried a bunch of PL e/s samples, but I didn't like them, too powdery IMO. I honestly think there's something better on the market (= Twisted Fayte and Taylor Made Minerals).

Re: Anyone tried Pure Luxe cosmetics?

I've tried PL quite recently and although I love the shade, coverage and ease of application, it looks too powdery and fake.

Has anyone managed to get their MMU to look more dewy or "real"? I've also tried Lumiere with the same problem.

cynpat2000

I havent tried pure luxe but Oceanmist is my fave for foundation and fyrinnae has great eyeshadows.
smiles.gif

cynpat2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_chique
I've tried PL quite recently and although I love the shade, coverage and ease of application, it looks too powdery and fake.

Has anyone managed to get their MMU to look more dewy or "real"? I've also tried Lumiere with the same problem.

Have you tried everyday minerals ? they have semi matte and original glow formulas. HTH.

Jeannine8

I use PL for my foundation, it's the best thing i've found so far for my skin, gives me the coverage I need and all. As far as it looking powdery though, i've never had that problem with them.

The eyeshadows are pretty hit or miss with me, I have a bunch of them. Some of them I love, while other ones don't really do much, either way the samples are only a dollar so it's not a super investement.

heatherhoneyb

I have several samples of the Pure Luxe eyeshadows and while they are really pretty, I find that they are very sheer on me. I have only worn them a couple of times and don't find myself reaching for them at all. I haven't tried any of the foundations though, I am happy with Bare Essentuals foundation.

jenii

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherhoneyb
I have several samples of the Pure Luxe eyeshadows and while they are really pretty, I find that they are very sheer on me.

Same here. I had bought some, and they looked great in the pot, but when I put them on, they either didn't show up, or they ended up looking fug. And I can wear most shades if I work with them. I could not work with these at all.

I dunno, to me, Pure Luxe is just crappy stuff. I like Fyrinnae a lot better, and I'm gonna try Meow Cosmetics for foundation/concealer.

mae13

For the folks who were disappointed by the application, were you using them dry or were you foiling?

I've only tried Alima and Pure Luxe so far, but so far both have been comparable - very sheer and not lasting when applied dry, but beautiful, rich and long-lasting when used wet.

heatherhoneyb

I tried the Pure Luxe colors dry. I have heard that they don't foil well at all.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherhoneyb
I have several samples of the Pure Luxe eyeshadows and while they are really pretty, I find that they are very sheer on me. I have only worn them a couple of times and don't find myself reaching for them at all. I haven't tried any of the foundations though, I am happy with Bare Essentuals foundation.

I know exactly what your saying. I never reach for them. The pot looks tempting, but when applied, it looks so bad that I contemplate washing my face and starting over... but instead I go the rest of the day looking like crap...
th_remoteImage-61.gif
I am still so mad that I basically threw away so much money! AHHHHH! And I apply them dry. I tried foiling once, and it turned out real gritty no matter how little or much water I added. It was just WRONG!

shadowprincess

April's Mix is THE BOMB!! my HG finishing powder... would recommend this to everybody and anybody
smiles.gif

Miss Pumpkin

PURE LUXE : Powder or Creme Foundation??

Hello girls! I'm doing makeup for a photoshoot the 5th of March, and I want to get her foundation colour.

Now I've found COCOA by Pure Luxe which seems to be a very close match, but I don't know whether to buy the Powder Foundation or the Whipped Creme Foundation.

What do you recommend?
SOS.gif