Pure Luxe (all)

cindysilver4

Re: PURE LUXE : Powder or Creme Foundation??

I have used both, and like both. The creme has much more coverage, but the powder looks more natural -- so it depends on how you want it to look in the photoshoot!
smiles.gif
hth!

astronaut

To hell with Pure Luxe! I'm sorry but I think they're a horrible company. I'm still really bitter that I wasted/got ripped off $50 something dollars of my hard earned teenage money on their crappy shadows
ssad.gif

Miss Pumpkin

That's bad.... I haven't tried their products yet, so I've only spent 10$ on 6 blushes and the creme foundation... I ended up getting creme because I figured it will work better for the photoshoot.

Peach_patch

Re: Anyone tried Pure Luxe cosmetics?

The Pure Luxe Ultimates have more pigment in them than the regular eyeshadows...if you use a sealant they also work well as eyeliners. I use the Aromaleigh eyeliner sealant.

sigwing

I was going to order some of the A'leigh sealant but they were out!
ssad.gif

The PureLuxe Ultimates are great & I'm hooked on Rockstar and a few of the others both for liners and that smoky look & shading.

Ella_

pure luxe - uv colours?

Has anyone tried them at all?

I just got a sample of the hot pink one - plague, I havent tried it alone yet, but over the top of MAC orange it looks soo nice. It takes a bit of work to get it to work well though.

Im going to try it with a little mixing medium because the website does reccomend using the uv colours with a fixative / miving medium. Im going to give it a real test this weekend when I go to a UV / glow theme party...

Just wondering who else has used them and what they think?

glittergoddess27

Re: pure luxe - uv colours?

I like them,.. If I want a thin coat they work well applied with Fix+ or EZR also. I also used them with MAC eyeliner mixing medium which was really cool. I have all but the greeny white one.

Graziella*K

Alright girls I'm not a Pure Luxe expert but I love their foundation and eyeshadows ! I'm wearing 4 different pigments on my lids right now that I applied dry and the color are exactly the same as in the pot.

Ok now I explain my basic Pure luxe shadow routine ! :

When I first bought my samples I was very pleased with them 'cause they just look so pretty and stuff but I soon was a bit disappointed because applied dry they didn't show up ( on my NW15 skin !!! ) and once applied foiled the colors were vibrant but fell a lot on my cheeks and made my face look like a total mess !

So after 3 or 4 tries ... I gave up and kept these oh-so cute pots in my drawers.

Buttt ... then I discovered Mac Shadesticks !!!!

This stuff is in my opinion the best shadow base I've never tried ! It made a total difference to my eye make up !

For exemple today I'm only wearing pure luxe shadows on my lids ( white diamonds, charisma, risque and bubblegum), applied dry over beige-ing and Crimsonaire shadesticks !

The result is marvelous ... for real.

The s/s seems to make the pigments "stick" very well and it stays put all day long. No more fall out or dull pigment shadows !

Now I loooooove to wear my pure luxe and Mac pigments because I found it as easy to use as regular shadows. ^_^'

Hope this helps 'cause it completely change my pigment make-up life ! hahaha

xoxoGraziellaxoxo

Showgirl

The samples cost ONE EARTH DOLLAR and the shipping's cheap as anything, even to the UK... so I've ended up trying a lot of their stuff :)

Results were variable. Some shadows ARE sheer, some are very good. Overall I found the line very similar to Fyrinnae: some good things, some not so great.

Stuff I'd rate:
--------------
Face: banana split concealer powder for undereye dark shadows - I have very sallow skin with strong blue shadows in my undereye area, yellow concealers are the best thing for this and PL's one is pretty darn good

I liked their mineral foundation lots (I got "warm cream")

Their blushes are very pretty, they've a great range. Most have a lot of shimmer. My favourite is "Nymph", shimmery peach and apparently a dupe for Orgasm (I actually prefer Nymph to the NARS blush), and I also like "Haydria", a glittery raspberry that I pair with Ruby Darling lipstick and a nearly naked eye for a "glamorously flushed" evening look.

Eyes: I have about 20 samples from them, and the ones I like best are the ones I got from the "Aura" collection (sheer pearly white highlighting shades with a shimmer of whatever colour you pick - Blue Aura, Copper Aura etc - Turquoise is my fave, a great highlight with Electric Eel), the "Kaleidoscope" ones, which are pretty shimmery duochromes (but not as "WOW" as the site claims - still v pretty) - "Ouch!" - a nice low-sheen candy apple red - "Tart!" - a shimmery yellow-apple shade - "Supernova" - sparkly coral pink with lots of glitter (works well with Sushi Flower in crease) - "Galaxy", a very glittery "dirty" denim-blue - and "Fresh", a shimmery peachy/mangoish shade which I pair with Expensive Pink or Coppering.

Wasn't uber impressed with the more matte dark or "standard" shades I ordered at all (with the exception of "Ouch!"), and thought the Ultimates were disappointing. Their speciality eyeshadow "style" seems to be bright, slightly sheer and shimmery.

Their lipcolours were totally rubbish.

Overall, I think the blushes and the Banana Split were the stand out things from them.

HTH, Sho x

evil

they just had a buy 4 samples get 1 free sale, so i gave it a chance. i've only tried a few colors so far but they're pretty. and the samples are very generous

twinkley

Re: Anyone tried Pure Luxe?

I really like Pure Luxe cosmetics. Specially I love their eyeshadows and I have a whole ton of them. They are cheap, come in nice packages and work very well on me. They can get a bit messy, but pigments always do. I specially like their scale on violets and blues, and I have a whole lot of those shades and I really think they rock. I also love their blush shade in "Nymph" which is so great color and it works well on almost anyone!

I have noticed though, that their lighter, vanilla-like shades are not that great. I have also tryed creme foundation and I thought it was a total miss.

Aevalin

I haven't had much luck with their foundation - I use Everyday Minerals for that, and the eye shadows are a bit hit or miss for me (although Suede is excellent). They do the 1/8 tsp samples for the same price as Fyrinnae's 1/4 tsps so I usually go with them for e/s.

That said, I love love love the Nymph blush. It looks great on my pale skin (sorry I don't wear MAC foundation so I'm not sure what colour I am), it just gives me a pretty glow. And it's a great deal besides!

Desdemone

I love that company. Their shadows used wet are incredible! Some colors are good dry (ouch, metals, lush etc.) but most of them have to be used wet and then they're fantastic. also huge rave for their Erasure, it minimizes pores visually and gives the soft glow to my face. They also make the best mineral blushes out there. I recommend Nymph and Razzberry blushes. Hands down the best after Nars.

entipy

I have several Pure Luxe shadows, and they work quite well for me dry. I use UDPP as a base, and then dab them on there. That's about it.
smiles.gif

I really like the eyeshadow "Supernova"... but I live in Italy and I can't order anymore from P.L or other extraeuropean sites, because the orders always keep in the customs and it really sucks!

I'd like to know if there's a similar M.A.C color... Supernova is a really cute pink color with lots of gold shimmers in it... maybe is there a MAC pigment which has this characteristics?
I don't know if this is the right thread to post my request, but... i'd really love to know!!

alien21xx

I agree with everyone who said the eyeshadows are (kind of) crappy. I can't take the fallout. And the darker shades look so muddy on my skin.

BUT I do love the gorgeous blushes! They go on sheer and as I build the color, I literally see it as me flushing. It's just beautiful! I love the blushes and I think I'm going to get Nymph and a bunch of other blush shades in the 10g jars (I have samples at the moment). I also love how they're quite inexpensive and the shipping fee is just dirt cheap!

Desdemone

I love their shadows - Lush, Kisses in the Dark, Ouch! and Supernova being my favorite. I actually prefer them to mac pigments as I find theme more long-lasting and intense.
Also the blushes are wonderful, especially Razzberry.

I get about 10 uses out of a saample that size.

BTW, one thing I've found that works great with any mineral eye shadow is the DuWop Intensifier stuff. It's similar to Mixing Medium but has a little bit more slip to it so it makes loose eyeshadows creamy insteady of simply liquid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Isn't 1/8 of a tsp. a really tiny sample??? i want to order but i'm not sure yet!

Anyone try the new Luxury Powder? I got some and am fascinated by it. It is so silky and smooth-will test drive it today and report back!

I also got You Glow Girl and April's Mix finishing powders in my order yesterday. ANyone have any opinions on either of these?