R.i.p. Aus!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
Congrats to you girls!!!. At the end of the day that's what it's should be all about!
smiles.gif

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

MAC_Whore

I F***ING hated the AUS/IPT concept. That was sucking the joy out of the artistry and IMO cheapening the contact/customer service with the client. It turned them into dollar signs. A goal is one thing, but a lot of MAs actively pester/hound/sell customers shit that they didn't need to make an AUS/IPT goal.

I understand that MAC is a business and their goal is to make money, but that is what the MA's Daily Sales Goal is for. The AUS/IPT was getting into the minutiae. Overkill. One of MAC's big selling points is the "experience" of it all and AUS/IPT took away from that, IMO.

We caught one MA at our counter who would ring up clients who bought one item or inexpensive items under other MA's numbers. She of course got canned. I wonder how many times she screwed me? Well, she REALLY hated our manager, so I am sure that the mgr got the brunt of that shit.

mskitchmas

wow. we'll i'm glad for people on both sides of the counter.

now i see why i've had an MA try to get me to get a gloss and a liner everytime i just wanted to pick up a lippie for a treat.

congrats!

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore

We caught one MA at our counter who would ring up clients who bought one item or inexpensive items under other MA's numbers. She of course got canned. I wonder how many times she screwed me? Well, she REALLY hated our manager, so I am sure that the mgr got the brunt of that shit.

We've suspected that at our counter/had that happen on accident & all the frrlancers ring up under our numbers. They're supposed to rotate through the names, but the bigger sales go under their friends' and the smaller under the other people they don't know as well.

I now take my number out of the registers after I'm done with every transaction.

squasheebla

yeah my manager claims that that is untrue and it still applies to us. freaking great

its the one thing i really dont like about working for mac

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by squasheebla
yeah my manager claims that that is untrue and it still applies to us. freaking great

It's true for too many of us for it to just be a blip... so I can't believe they would leave regions out of such a major MAJOR thing. I was going to suggest that you get a hold of your MRO, but then it would look like you didn't believe your manager. Which is bad.
Maybe email the website anonymously, give them a general geographic location... and ask the company to clear it up for y'all... because this confusion is silly!

calbear

Actually hold off for a minute - cause it finally got to us. They revealed it at that emergency meeting this morning. They had a region wide managers meeting yesterday where this was rolled out.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Figures, now that AUS is gone, mine was 49.5 yesterday...grrrrr!

I'm telling you...as soon as I left the counter and no longer had the AUS/IPT pressure on my head, I began selling like a madwoman...and I didn't change my technique at all...you're just so much more relaxed and focused on actually helping the customer get what they want that the stuff just sells itself. For example, someone comes in to buy a lipstick...I help them pick out the lipstick...they wander over to the eyeshadows...I help them pick out a few...and it goes on and on until that original lipstick becomes a 10 item sale...no pressure, no hype. I just let the customer guide..and I won't sell them something that doesn't work for them (ie - Prolongwear lippies..I am sorry but I cannot stand those things...I am honest when people ask me about them).

That being said, it's about time that MAC let its employees do their thing...everything else will just fall into place...

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by squasheebla

Oh no! What region are you in (if you don't mind me asking) ?

maxcat

For a big company with a whole PR division they did a really bad job of communicating this to the staff it affects. We all should have been told at least in the same week...

calbear

Well I know now that they were doing it regionally simply because some big wigs were travelling to the manager's meeting to personally bring the news to the managers and allowing them to break it to their staff. They wanted the personal touch plus it made the managers look good since they've been the bad guys for so long

not to say they couldn't have done it better ;-)

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
Actually hold off for a minute - cause it finally got to us. They revealed it at that emergency meeting this morning. They had a region wide managers meeting yesterday where this was rolled out.

cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Well I know now that they were doing it regionally simply because some big wigs were travelling to the manager's meeting to personally bring the news to the managers and allowing them to break it to their staff. They wanted the personal touch plus it made the managers look good since they've been the bad guys for so long

Yeah, that's what we were told. They didn't want it done any old way. As long as the news got out and it wasn't just a damn memo, I'm happy. I like that they gave us the personal touch. *shurg*

MisStarrlight

Quote:

My manager told me (all of us, I think) with a Thank You card. I thought it was sweet.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
My manager told me (all of us, I think) with a Thank You card. I thought it was sweet.

Your manager is a class act...lucky you!

calbear

I absolutely love my damn job now. Productivity was always my specialty. I have never NOT made my goal and right now I am so far over my ytd goal that if I didn't make anouther dollar then I'd be okay. Cheesing and smiling ear to ear ;-)