Red lipstick

pumpkincat210

I don't wear red very much, it seems like a hard color to wear, i have a few..
Modern Ms. my favorite with the barbie collection
Port Red
Fresh Moroccan
New York Apple if it's considered red..it goes either way on me..sometimes it really pink.

It's about time to add one i think.

Dani California

Hi guys
greengrin.gif

I'm sooooo loving red lipstick at the moment, in fact I've loved it for a while, but now I want to get more
greengrin.gif
I started off with urgent slimshine, it was love........then I got a bit daring and got cockney......which was WHOA
lol.gif

then I got lady bug and I'm in love with it, its so so so perfect!!
drools.gif

So where do I go next on my red lips adventure? I keep looking at russian red and ruby woo......I think I'm scared of the 'matte'
lol.gif
also keep looking at MAC red, I dunno what to try next!! I'm very very pale, with pinky undertones rather than yellow.....I love dita von teese look with the red lippy......
drools.gif
Love to know what she wears. I like that it looks like a darker red but am worried it'd make me look like a goth lol (nothing wrong with goths btw)

Also am clueless about liners, where do I go with liners for red lippys? do I go with cherry? or redd? Hellllllllllllp!! Talking of liners, are there any I could use to make my current reds a little darker? or brighter even?

Oooh I love the world of red lips
greengrin.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
Hi guys
greengrin.gif

I'm sooooo loving red lipstick at the moment, in fact I've loved it for a while, but now I want to get more
greengrin.gif
I started off with urgent slimshine, it was love........then I got a bit daring and got cockney......which was WHOA
lol.gif

then I got lady bug and I'm in love with it, its so so so perfect!!
drools.gif

So where do I go next on my red lips adventure? I keep looking at russian red and ruby woo......I think I'm scared of the 'matte'
lol.gif
also keep looking at MAC red, I dunno what to try next!! I'm very very pale, with pinky undertones rather than yellow.....I love dita von teese look with the red lippy......
drools.gif
Love to know what she wears. I like that it looks like a darker red but am worried it'd make me look like a goth lol (nothing wrong with goths btw)

Also am clueless about liners, where do I go with liners for red lippys? do I go with cherry? or redd? Hellllllllllllp!! Talking of liners, are there any I could use to make my current reds a little darker? or brighter even?

Oooh I love the world of red lips
greengrin.gif

ruby woo could look ultra retro on you, try it out!

I thought my sci fi delity was red today until i wore a red shirt with it.. so so pink, it's like New York Apple it could go either way..
Ladybug sounds cute, but i'm going to have to check out the color description.

dreamer246

I heard Dita Von Teese wears Dubonnet. Red Enriched cremestick l/l is great for the darker reds.

Hmm if you want a dark red that is not as intense, check out Dare You cremesheen. It's kinda like Dubonnet, but slightly more brown and much more sheer.

slipnslide

If you're scared of matte reds, you could always try like Russian Red with RR lipglass- or just use Cherry or Brick lipliner and then RR lg on top!

Dita uses about three or four, usually. MAC Red, Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Dubonnet, and the red Viva Glam (I forget which one it is). Anything red she treats as we would a shade of pink- just depends on the coloring and outfit and vibe she's going for.
smiles.gif

Oh! I love LOVE Dare You- such a warm brick red.

User38

Yayyyyyyyyy for REDS!!!...I have loved them a long time, and it's about time they are back. I think (from some of the info on the Fall fashions) that mattes will be in again
smiles.gif

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by redenvelope
I LOVE Dubonnet, I have a ton of reds and this one is the absolute best.

It always looks really dark in the tube though? How dark is it actually on? It looks beautiful though
winks.gif

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipnslide
If you're scared of matte reds, you could always try like Russian Red with RR lipglass- or just use Cherry or Brick lipliner and then RR lg on top!

Dita uses about three or four, usually. MAC Red, Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Dubonnet, and the red Viva Glam (I forget which one it is). Anything red she treats as we would a shade of pink- just depends on the coloring and outfit and vibe she's going for.
smiles.gif

Oh! I love LOVE Dare You- such a warm brick red.

Thank you!
greengrin.gif
I love the look of dubonnet and dare you, but they look soooo dark, they scare me
lol.gif
Ooooh I neeeeeeeeed ALLLLLLLL the reds NOW
yahoo.gif

Thanks for all the help guys x Great suggestion about the liner as well
thmbup.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
stumbled on this article today...any thoughts?

A Few Thoughts on Red Lipstick - Associated Content

Sorry I think it is bull. There're people who choose to make red lips their signature look and wear them everywhere, so who's to say there's not many occasions that call for red lips. Also, there are so many different red lipsticks out there, I'm pretty sure there is at least one for everyone.
winks.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
stumbled on this article today...any thoughts?

A Few Thoughts on Red Lipstick - Associated Content

While I agree that red lipstick can be tricky to pull off, I still love it.
I'm one of those women with "flawless ivory skin," at least when I have my foundation on, so I'm keeping my Ruby Woo and my Classic Dame, among many others.
I have to say, though, that I think women of color look terrific in red lipstick, too. Red lips against smooth brown skin is a gorgeous look, in my opinion.
In short, I think red lipstick is great unless you 1) put it on too heavily, 2) go outside your natural lip line, and 3) apply gloss too heavily on top.
As for the mess on dishes, lip stains can go a long way toward avoiding that, plus you will still have pretty, naturally-flushed looking lips even after finishing a meal.
For a red stain, I like Revlon's Just Bitten lip stain in "Cherry Tart," or Stila's Lip Rouge in "Pucker."
Both of these products take some practice, but the result is worth it, IMO.

User49

Looking for pearlized red lipstick as in this pic

I'm looking for a particular red lipstick or red lipstick combo to create this colour/texture (any recs appreciated greatly any brand...)

IMG_2703.jpg

Makeup Emporium

I'm so jealous of you ladies that can pull off the red lipstick! I absolutely love it but it doesn't love me!!
cry.gif
In fact I can't even wear red clothing; it's like my body has a COMPLETE aversion to red. It's tragic!

georgiabarredo

Re: Looking for pearlized red lipstick as in this pic

i mostly like my red lipsticks matte... but i have port red from naughty nauticals that might do that job... w/ gloss to make it shiny...

kimmy

looks like queen's sin to me.

merging this with the already running red lipstick thread.
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
I can't even wear red clothing; it's like my body has a COMPLETE aversion to red. It's tragic!

That IS tragic!
Red is "my" color, and the whole world seems to go crazy when I wear it. I'm NW15, brunette, jade green eyes.
I've had truckers honk and hit their brakes, and unfamiliar men have come up and started talking to me when I wear red.
shockt.gif

It's kind of weird, but it's fun.
greengrin.gif

Back to red lipstick: For liners I like Cherry Pencil with a brighter red(Ruby Woo, Lady Danger), Red Enriched Cremestick with deeper reds like So Scarlet or Rapturous.
I LOOVE red; I'm so glad it's "in" again!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
looks like queen's sin to me.

I agree, though it *could* be Port Red.
To me, Queen's Sin is more of a burgundy red, while by comparison Port Red is a more true red.
BOTH are GORGEOUS!
eyelove.gif

Latest posts