Red lipstick

MzzRach

^^^^ 3?? Girl..........
lol.gif

But of course I wish I had stocked up!

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Just an update: It got so that I was *dreaming* at night about Lady Danger, so I took a deep breath and ordered it!
You're right; Lady Danger is really not orange, but it is BERRRIGHT! It gives me 1950s Technacolor red lips.
I like bold lips, so I'm okay with that.
Thanks for encouraging me to try it!
winkiss.gif

No problem! I think it's definitely got that retro rockabilly vibe. I'm glad you like it
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vida
What do y'all think of Red Enriched liner with So Scarlet l/s , then Red Romp l/g on top? I feel like I'm getting reeeeally close.

I missed Red Romp, so I don't have an opinion on that one, but I expect that you'll find that you need very little gloss on top of So Scarlet.
I find So Scarlet to be on the "wet" end of the Amplified Creme spectrum.
I can only speak for myself, but So Scarlet and Red Enriched give me perfect cranberry red lips.
Speaking of red glosses, which one does everyone like best?
I missed both Cult of Cherry and Red Romp, so I'm in the market for a gorgeous red gloss.

Avozilla

I generally avoid reds because if you're not careful, they can make you look like a clown and/or upstage your eyes, which is not at all something I wanna do.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avozilla
I generally avoid reds because if you're not careful, they can make you look like a clown and/or upstage your eyes, which is not at all something I wanna do.

Reds really can be tricky.
That's why I love MAC's Ladybug so much.
love.gif

Ladybug has the amazing property of being sheer, but still looking deep red.
However, at least for me, there are times when only a full-bodied red like Ruby Woo or Classic Dame will do.
On those occasions, I shadow my eyes with neutrals and wear thin lines of black liner, and add blackest black mascara.
That way, my face isn't overwhelmed with color, and my eyes aren't "upstaged" by my red lips.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
^^Was ladybug LE?

Nope, it's permanent.
greengrin.gif
In fact, I bought some not long ago.

fintia

I've been looking for a red lipstick but I never succeed... I want a red but matte.. with my type of skin tone which one girls do you think.. I do not use MAC anymore but for reference I am a NC 37 thanks!

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
I've been looking for a red lipstick but I never succeed... I want a red but matte.. with my type of skin tone which one girls do you think.. I do not use MAC anymore but for reference I am a NC 37 thanks!

nars jungle red would look hot on you.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia

I'm NC35. I've tried on Ruby Woo, MAC Red, Russian Red, Brave Red (cremesheen). They all looked good on me. KangaRouge (Dame Edna) should look good on you too, but that's not matte. I haven't tried it on before, but I think Viva Glam I will look good too. I've bolded the lipsticks with matte finishes.

witch

so far my favorite red is hellbent from the kat von d collection from sephora, but that just cuz i havent tried any of the mac reds. im nc 15. any suggestions?

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch
so far my favorite red is hellbent from the kat von d collection from sephora, but that just cuz i havent tried any of the mac reds. im nc 15. any suggestions?

MAC makes quite a few good reds.
I'm NW15, brunette, and a lover of red lipstick.
My favorites are:

Ruby Woo- a bright, true, "wear it like ya mean it" matte red. Since it is matte, lip balm underneath is a necessity. Definitely NOT for the shy!
Russian Red- a deeper, blue-based version of Ruby Woo, Russian Red is a "pin-up girl" red. Like Ruby Woo, Russian Red is VERY pigmented, and very matte.
MAC Red - a Satin formula cherry/rose red; I don't find this one to be as "hard core" of a red as Ruby Woo or Russian Red. Coverage is good, but the Satin formula is less dry than the Matte formula lipsticks.
I don't really consider MAC Red an absolutely true red; it's much more of a pinky red.
Ladybug - a Lustre formula, Ladybug still provides good coverage, and don't be put off by the "yellow" in MAC's shade description; Ladybug just looks like a lovely deep true red (at least on me). It has the remarkable quality of being sheer, but still looking red and not pink. Ladybug is my go-to "summer red."
Though I haven't tried it, I've also heard good things about Brave Red Cremesheen.
Hope this helps!
winkiss.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlly
I love Russian Red,and Port Red.I have another MAC red,but,I can't think of the name right now.

MAC makes, and has made, SOO many great reds!
Let's see, besides the ones you named, there's Lady Danger, Queen's Sin (LE, somewhat similar to Port Red), MAC Red, Ruby Woo, Glam (discontinued, but MAC Red is the same color, different formula), Brave Red, Classic Dame Mattene, Powerhouse (discontinued; sob!), Berry Boost (discontinued, but Dare You Cremesheen is a decent substitute), and some people count Dubonnet as red, though I don't.

User38

me loves my Ruby Woo (have backups), LAdy Danger, MAC Red, Brave Red and Dare You..

however, I adore my YSL 131 Opium Red and my NARS Red Lizzard too
smiles.gif

peruvianprinces

yesterday i was on MUAlley and read amazing things about ysl opium red!
do you by any chance have a picture or fotd wearing it?
pls it would be really helpfull
thanks in advance!

Shadowy Lady

I added another red MAC lipstick to my collection: Ruby Woo. I tried on Ruby Woo and Russian Red last time I was at my freestanding and love them both on me but thought Ruby Woo was more dramatic so I got that one.

Now I have: Port Red, Ruby Woo and So Scarlet. Red lips rock!

Latest posts