Red lipstick

rosasola1

Re: Perfect Red Lipstick?

well I am pale too and I love red lipstick. what I do as a MA to create a red but soft lip is i take the lipstick and dab it on moisturized lips and then take your finger and gently even the dabs out. After you have a sheer red lip just take any, gloss, chapstick ,anything glossy, and apply it over your lips. It will create a very soft yet red lip that looks very youthful and flirty
smiles.gif
I HTH!

ImMACnificent

I like Red She Said and I am just between NC 20-NC30.

I also have So Scarlet, it's a bit on the dark side and I only wear it with a really neutral or gold eye.

Iffath

I have used Rimmel Lipstick in Red Hot,
It is matte and matched my red and gold jacquered Banarsi sari quite well.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1561
I've been hunting for the perfect red lipstick for years, but with my being so pale (a little lighter than NC15), its been hard for me to find a color that isn't too harsh with my skin tone for everyday at-the-office kind of wear.

Any pale ladies out there have any MAC recommendations for me to try?

i use 3-D l/s everyday for work...it's a really muted reddish colour on me. totally wearable, but still kind of pin-upish.
smiles.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
I've been hunting for the perfect red lipstick for years, but with my being so pale (a little lighter than NC15), its been hard for me to find a color that isn't too harsh with my skin tone for everyday at-the-office kind of wear.

Perhaps you can try out the Lustre and Cremesheen finishes for lipsticks - they are definitely more sheer and wearable colors, if you're afraid of the intensity of a red lippie. Also, applying them with a lipbrush would be less intense than applying straight out of the tube. Hmm oh yeah, you could also apply the lipstick and then blot it off (repeat this step for a more obvious color), red lippies stain so you'll be left with 'natural' red-tinged lips. HTH.
yes.gif

cno64

Quote:

I'm NW15, and for a sheer-but-definitely-there red, I LOVE MAC Ladybug. It's a Lustre formula.
Don't let the "yellow" in the shade description put you off, either; Ladybug just looks red, not yellow or orange.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
Not at all. I find it's warmer than any of the red lipsticks I own--but that makes it stand out! I'm definitely cool-toned as well. Give it a try definitely!

Just an update: It got so that I was *dreaming* at night about Lady Danger, so I took a deep breath and ordered it!
You're right; Lady Danger is really not orange, but it is BERRRIGHT! It gives me 1950s Technacolor red lips.
I like bold lips, so I'm okay with that.
Thanks for encouraging me to try it!
winkiss.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Just an update: It got so that I was *dreaming* at night about Lady Danger, so I took a deep breath and ordered it!
You're right; Lady Danger is really not orange, but it is BERRRIGHT! It gives me 1950s Technacolor red lips.
I like bold lips, so I'm okay with that.
Thanks for encouraging me to try it!
winkiss.gif

You so know what I am thinking Lady!!!
yes.gif
But
nonono.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki1485
ruby woo my best red lipstick from MAC love it!

I, also, love Ruby Woo!
It's a wonderful rich holly berry red.
It can be intimidating, though.
A friend of mine was on a search for "the perfect red lipstick," so one time when she was feeling down, I sent her a surprise gift of Ruby Woo and a Cherry pencil.
She said she loved it, but insists on topping Ruby Woo with Melon pigment, which makes even Ruby Woo look nowhere near red.
th_dunno.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro
Could someone pls recommend a l/s that resembles this shade?

It's difficult to say, but it reminds me of MAC "Classic Dame" Mattene.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro
Could someone pls recommend a l/s that resembles this shade?

Wow, you resurrected this thread with a pic of a hot-but-unidentifiable lippie.
greengrin.gif
I'll really like to know the answer too.
smiles.gif

MlleSwann

Re: another red lipstick question..

Shiseido has a brand-new lipstick line called Perfect Rouge that includes four fabulous reds: Sweet Pea, Valentine, Salon, and Dragon. (I am still trying to decide which one to buy!) Have you tried the NARS Lip Crayon in Cruella? It's a big, fat crayon -- but it's a lip color, not a liner -- that goes on matte but of course you can change that by dabbing some clear lip balm on top. This color is especially pretty on brown skin.

janieboo

Gals, can I just get a "woot woot" for Dame Edna's Kanga-Rouge? I've been turning heads left right and centre with this shade. The PERFECT blue-red. *swoon* In love!

And it matches perfectly with Revlon's Diva Red liner.
yes.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi5290
classic dame <3

I feel the same way!
thmbup.gif

Classic Dame is a perfect - well - classic - red.
It's one of those remarkable deep-and-bright-at-the-same-time lipsticks.
It's a hard core opaque coverage true red.
I think it should be permanent.
But of course, I'm always saying that about some MAC product.
lol.gif

Latest posts