Red lipstick

kimmy

i just got ruby woo l/s this weekend and can i say that when paired with brick l/l it's the most delicious pin-up girl red lip ever? i hope so, because it is.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i just got ruby woo l/s this weekend and can i say that when paired with brick l/l it's the most delicious pin-up girl red lip ever? i hope so, because it is.

My favorite red combo EVER!!!!

kittykit

I'm not a red lippie type of person because they look strange on me but I really like 'Red' She Said, it's a beautiful red.

kimmy

nars jungle red is love! if i could wear that colour everyday for the rest of my life, i would.

doodles

I'm trying to narrow down my order. I have my eyes on Lady Danger, Dubonnet and Russian Red. I already have red enriched l/l. Does that shade work with any of those 3 l/s'? I'm already getting Whirl for my Viva Glam V which is the original reason for this order.
winks.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles
Oh yeah, duh!
fool.gif
I guess I'll look for orange based red's as I want a red red.
winks.gif
Yeah, I ain't afraid hehe

It depends on your coloring, I guess (someone please correct me if i am wrong!!)
Because orange based reds on me always come out, well orange. the blue based ones turn out true red on me

doodles

I've been experimenting with applying lady bug with a lip brush. I'm wondering, since this is a more sheer red, is a brush even necessary?

kimmy

Quote:
I've been experimenting with applying lady bug with a lip brush. I'm wondering, since this is a more sheer red, is a brush even necessary?

either way, which ever you prefer.
smiles.gif
i think using a brush just gives you alot more control.

widdershins

I am so into Lady Danger right now. I lost mine a couple of weeks ago and actually had to get another one. I'm so weirdly pale, the color just pops! I think it may be my HG red (a sin since I haven't even tried Russian Red or Ruby Woo!)

cno64

Quote:
I have my eyes on Lady Danger, Dubonnet and Russian Red. I already have red enriched l/l. Does that shade work with any of those 3 l/s'?

I own all of the aforementioned red lipsticks except Lady Danger, and I think Red Enriched liner will work fine with both Dubonnet and Russian Red.
In fact, Red Enriched has made me like both of those lipsticks better.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
I am so into Lady Danger right now. I'm so weirdly pale, the color just pops!

Oh, man!
I'm an NW15 lover of red lipstick, and I've been trying to resist Lady Danger.
Is it strongly orange-y?

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Oh, man!
I'm an NW15 lover of red lipstick, and I've been trying to resist Lady Danger.
Is it strongly orange-y?

Not at all. I find it's warmer than any of the red lipsticks I own--but that makes it stand out! I'm definitely cool-toned as well. Give it a try definitely!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
Not at all. I find it's warmer than any of the red lipsticks I own--but that makes it stand out! I'm definitely cool-toned as well. Give it a try definitely!

Thanks!
I need another red lipstick slightly more than I need a hole in the head, but I'm thinking Lady Danger might make a good mid-winter pick-me-up after the holidays.
One rationale is as good as another ...
winks.gif

_Ondine_

I'm NC20, brown hair and eyes - I find a lot of reds I've tried have done strange things to my complexion and made me look flushed, and not in a good way.

What are the best orangey-reds for me to try? And, if I don't have especially wide or full mouth, should I steer clear of matte?
Help!

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ondine_
I'm NC20, brown hair and eyes - I find a lot of reds I've tried have done strange things to my complexion and made me look flushed, and not in a good way.

What are the best orangey-reds for me to try? And, if I don't have especially wide or full mouth, should I steer clear of matte?
Help!

nars jungle red might be worth checking out.
winks.gif
it's matte, but i don't think it'll be a problem.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ondine_

Help!

I like Classic Dame Mattene, because it is red red, with no orange or blue that I can detect. It's not shiny, but it's not chalk matte, either. You might also try a slightly brownish red, like dare You Cremesheen.
To be brief, I think you'll probably need to try a lot of different reds to find "your" red.
It will be worth the effort.
yes.gif

Rancas

Swelter Slimshine from Cool Heat is a nice easy to wear red. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I didn't read through the whole post.

My favorite reds are Redwood (sadly discontinued), Port Red, Brave Red, & Spice It Up (more of a brown berry red), Nars Rouge D'Enfer & Afghan Red. Other good ones are Nars Jungle Red, Shanghai Express, Fire Down Below, Cruella (crayon), and Duwop Belladonna

-moonflower-

I love Russian Red, it's my favourite lipstick.

I pat it on with my fingers though, it looks much better than applying from the tube. You could probably get the same effect from the right brush but the lip brush I have is useless.

PerformingMAC

I have to give a two thumbs up for Ruby Woo. I just got it and paired it with Cherry lip liner. This retro color brings a Bettie Page look to mind. (So sad that she is now gone)
crybaby.gif

saoirse1561

Perfect Red Lipstick?

I've been hunting for the perfect red lipstick for years, but with my being so pale (a little lighter than NC15), its been hard for me to find a color that isn't too harsh with my skin tone for everyday at-the-office kind of wear.

Any pale ladies out there have any MAC recommendations for me to try?

Latest posts