Red lipstick

n_c

Peachypink: I think the color suits you
smiles.gif

Door

^ Oh I love China Glaze's Thunderbird. Such a pretty color. Sorry, I can't help you, but I would also like to know the answer to this question.

cipelica

What is the differecne between Russian Red (matte) and a MAC Red (satin)(exept in finish)?

All in all, what is the brightest red that MAC has? (NC25girl)

Lolliren

I'm having a hard time finding which red lipstick family (blue or orange) i should be buying from. i'm a MUFE 175 (my closest shade). NC50 is slightly too yellow and nw45 is slighty too muddy which leads me to believe I have a neutral undertone though I'm not completely sure. The closest color I have to red is NYX black cherry, which is a supposed dupe for Hang-Up and I think it looks pretty good on me. Just looking for a lead.
angelic.gif

cno64

I'm having a hard time finding which red lipstick family (blue or orange) i should be buying from. i'm a MUFE 175 (my closest shade). NC50 is slightly too yellow and nw45 is slighty too muddy which leads me to believe I have a neutral undertone though I'm not completely sure. The closest color I have to red is NYX black cherry, which is a supposed dupe for Hang-Up and I think it looks pretty good on me. Just looking for a lead.
angelic.gif
Since it sounds like you favor the deeper shades, I'd suggest trying reds in the blue family.
I'd recommend trying on lots of red shades; soon it will become apparent which kind of red (bright clear true red, coral-y red, berry red, brick red, etc.)works best for you. It may take a while to get used to seeing yourself with a red lip, if you're used to wearing more subdued shades.
But remember, just because it looks different doesn't mean it doesn't look good!
I'll bet you can really rock red lips once you find your best red(s).
I wish you the best; keep us posted!

TheClara

My fave reds are the YSL Rouge Volupte No.17 (That I'm wearing in the second pic with clear gloss on top) and Chanel Rouge Allure No. 68 Emotive (First picture.) I cant say for sure it works for you guys but they are both pretty shades worth checking out if yoy go to the YSL and Chanel counters.

cno64

My fave reds are the YSL Rouge Volupte No.17 (That I'm wearing in the second pic with clear gloss on top) and Chanel Rouge Allure No. 68 Emotive (First picture.) I cant say for sure it works for you guys but they are both pretty shades worth checking out if yoy go to the YSL and Chanel counters.
What beautiful reds!
I like the full-on, fearless way you wear them, too.

TheClara

What beautiful reds!
I like the full-on, fearless way you wear them, too.

Thanx. Yes for me full-on is the way to go with red for me at least =)

missah

Red Lippie for NC30??

Hi:)
I was deciding on my bloggers collection choices when I fell in love with sonoran rain. I'm NC30 and I'm not sure if I feel brave enough to wear such a bright red.
Do you have any suggestions on better reds for a under25 NC30? I liked the look of Double dare cremesheen glass but I'm not sure if itll work on my skintone.
What are your fave lippies and lipglasses on NC30?

jennifa

Try Jordana Easyshine in Sweet Strawberry. It's a juicy clear red, and can be had for under 2 bucks. I like it more than most of my high end lippies, lol. You can't go wrong.

jennifa

Try MAC's Brave Red for a juicy clear red, or Jordana's lipshine in Sweet Strawberry for a cheaper alternative. Looks the same, I guarantee it.

cutemiauw

I've been shying away from red lipsticks... partially because I just have no idea what kind of shade would look good on me. I know the whole blue-based or brown-based red thing, but I just don't really want to buy so much because I don't really like to try on lipsticks at the stores.
Then I saw in gossmakeupartist's chanel on Youtube about the Spring 2012 trends. He recommends Ellis Faas red lips, which claims to be the red that suits everyone.... every skin tone, warm/cool,... I thought it's a whole lot of claim, but I decided to try it since there's a local boutique nearby my place that has it. I get the milky type, which is between creme and gloss. The packaging comes with a brush perfect for a precise application.

Well I think it's the first red lipstick ever that looks good on me (or - I hope it does - and not being too delusional). It's a very bold and intense red but I like it! I wear it on the profile pic there <--.

fashionette

I'm an NC15 and my favorite red lippies are:

Chanel Rouge Allure in Excessive (I think this would look good on both NC and NW skin as it's a pretty neutral red)
Lancôme Color Fever in Orange Fashionista
MAC Lady Danger
MAC So Chaud (I know most people call it an orange lippie, but it looks more like a coral red on my lips)