Red lipstick

cno64

Russian Red is actually one that I'm considering. I chatted online with a MAC artist; she suggested "Powerhouse," but I'm afraid of what look to be orange tones in that one.
I'm disabled; otherwise I'd go to the store and try some on!
Thanks for the input, ladies!

mzcelaneous

I agree with everyone else. Russian Red is the way to go. I find that almost anyone can work this color
winks.gif

mskitchmas

here's a shot of me with MAC Vinyl...which is discontinued, but still available at some CCO's and on Ebay. I'm pretty fair with pink undertones and I love it!

redlip.jpg

maxcat

Viva Glam I for my money... On it's not too blue, too orange, too pink or too sheer. And it's for charity. All good.

lemurian

I hate all MAC reds, but love Victoria's Secret Red Velvet! It is absolutely red and nothing else. It's pigmented and has a matte finish. Unfortunately I'm not sure if they make it anymore
ssad.gif
You might be able to grab it on clearance if you live near one of their beauty stores!

hotti82

i'm samoan, so i go for a really red, not orange-y red, i like MAC Red l/s. i have russian red and new york apple too; they're fine as well...

mspiggy

Red lipstick from MAC

I'm thinking of getting a red lipstick from MAC. I currently only own a Pink Cabana lipstick.
NC25, Asian here.
Any recommendations?

NutMeg

I'm an NC25 and I find that Redwood and Dubbonet look good. I would ask to try them first though. There's nothing more annoying than buying something that looks terrible on you.

stellarx1587

Russian Red or Ruby Woo is nice. If a true red is a bit scary... you can try "O". Its more of a rusty red color... which i like.

Ksstavros

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
Russian Red or Ruby Woo is nice. If a true red is a bit scary... you can try "O". Its more of a rusty red color... which i like.

Yeah "O" is great!

professionaltart

Powerhouse would be great. Dubonnet is actually a universally flattering color but its a deep red. Are you looking for a deep red or like a bright red? Ruby Woo is nice, its matte. Im personally not a fan of it but try them all on. Ooh Ooh i like lady bug!

Latest posts