Reputation.

Mien

Thanks Shimmer! I thought it was something like that, just never used the rep. button. Definately helps.

Shimmer

You're more than welcome
smiles.gif

summerblue

Under another thread it was said that when you thank someone, they get 3 rep points. When you rep someone using the scale does the member get the same 3 points?

TIA!

hhunt2

I have a question regarding "reputation points". As in the green dots under our avitar photos.

I was trying to search this subject but couldn't find anything. The question is...
How do you guys determine the amount of "reputation/thank yous" to receive a "green dot"?? Every 100 "thank yous", etc? I hope that makes sence.

Please let me know. Thank You.

summerblue

I really wish there was a sticky thread somewhere explaining in detail how Reputation is affected by both the Thanks & Reputation buttons, and if, as i.hart.MAC asked, the iTrader feedback affects Reputation. Heck, I'm still waiting for a response to my 6/11 post.

When I joined I literally spent about 8 hours perusing the website to understand the site layout & how Reputation worked, and I'm still not totally clear on the Reputation. I searched for every thread on Reputation, but it seems that either no one replies to questions asked in reputation posts or the answers are so cursory & not explained in enough detail to make sense. I've come to the conclusion that I will probably die before I ever find a detail explanation of Reputation. My best advice to all is: don't hold your breath for a thorough explanation, don't let it keep you up at night & just forget about it.

Shimmer

iTrader is completely separate. It's not related to the rep points at all.

Rep points are essentially worthless, all it shows is how long you've been on the site and what kind of contribution you've made. It's mostly automated, as it's based on a combination of post count and the number of 'thanks' your posts receive.
'Thanks' are issued by members who find your post helpful.

I don't really understand what's confusing.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue
Under another thread it was said that when you thank someone, they get 3 rep points. When you rep someone using the scale does the member get the same 3 points?

TIA!

Generally on a vBulletin system, the more respected a poster is, the more weight their use of the scale carries.
A 'newbie' using the scale won't add as many points as an established user would, for example.