Revlon ColorBust Lip Butter

thatKanojo

It depends on the shade. Red Velvet is a very pigmented red, but Cupcake, Cotton Candy, and Sugar Frosting are hardly different at all on my lips. I don't do bold colors either but I was actually disappointed by how similar those three looked, because I may as well have just purchased one. I'm not digging the finish either—the lighter shades are verrrry frosty and I don't really like that in a lipstick.

PixieDancer

It depends on the shade. Red Velvet is a very pigmented red, but Cupcake, Cotton Candy, and Sugar Frosting are hardly different at all on my lips. I don't do bold colors either but I was actually disappointed by how similar those three looked, because I may as well have just purchased one. I'm not digging the finish either—the lighter shades are verrrry frosty and I don't really like that in a lipstick.
I have actually avoided all the lighter shades, with the exception of Creme Brulee. CB is just a great neutral (creamy NOT frosty) everyday color. Nice nude. As for the other light shades, I have looked at tons of swatches and what you said is EXCATLY why I have passed on them! I go for the bolder, more prominent colors. I find these lip butters perfect for those bolder colors with a toned-down quality so it isn't as in-your-face as a bright/bold lipstick. It's a way for me to wear color daily without it looking over-the-top. Even if you don't like SUPER bright/bold lips... I think you could find one of these that works for you to give a nice pop of color. Definitely stick with the mid-high color range on these... you're not the first person I've heard mention that about the lighter shade range thatKanojo. Good advice and heads-up there!
And I personally didn't like Pink Truffle on me. So that one was a disappointment. Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, Candy Apple, and Raspberry Pie are all lovely. Creme Brulee is nice if your looking for an everyday creamy nude... I like that one too. Tutti Frutti I just got but haven't tried yet.

UberMACGeek

Im interested in hearing how is the color payoff?? What would you compare them too..I really want to try them out but afraid they will be something I wouldnt use that much...

My absolute favourite so far is Gumdrop, a violet-light pink shade.. I also own Crème Brûlée, Candy Apple & Creamsicle. I love them all so far & eventually plan on buying the collection! They're great in the cooler months for my chapped lips, when I find regular lipsticks too drying, x

OhSoJaded

How different are lip butters from baby lips?
Based on the lip butters and baby lips I own, I prefer Revlon.

Lip Butters

• Larger ranger of colors
  • Super pigmented -> better color payoff
  • More moisturizing (for me).
  • Scent free - a BIG ADVANTAGE if you don't like products with strong fragrance on your lips

Baby Lips

• Not as many color options
  • Color is sheerer in general (shades like pink punch are more opaque but I still prefer Revlon shades)
  • Strong fragrance
  • Not as moisturizing on my lips
  • SPF 20
  • Cheaper (where I live)

For me, the only advantage that baby lips has over lip butters is the price. But I don't mind paying the extra $ for lip butters because I feel like the pros are worth it.

I almost hesitate to lump the two products in the same category. Lip butters are more of a hybrid between lip balms and lipsticks, more like hydrating lipsticks. Baby lips are more like true lip balms or a (somewhat) grown up version of lipsmackers haha. Chapstick with color perhaps? I reach for lip butters when I'm going out and want a more toned down lippie or if I'm just running errands. I rarely reach for baby lips because I have other lip balms that I prefer.

HTH.

AniBEE

I surprisingly use Cotton Candy the most because I like the golden shimmer in it (the tube is half gone). Tutti Fruti if you pale plays really orange/red. I love it but I get to many negative comment from people when wearing it. lol

After what six month I have found myself moving onto other lip products but kept the 045 Cotton Candy, 070 Cherry Tart, & 090 Sweet Tart shades on hand in my purse.
http://www.warpaintandunicorns.com/2012/02/revlon-colorburst-lip-butter-swatches.html

sereagoso

Peach Parfait is really the stand-out and universally flattering shade of the whole line-up. Not too light. Not too loud, bold, or obnoxious. Just a beautiful pretty wearable color. It's the shade Emma Stone is wearing in the promo pics for the collection. It is also quite different from all the others, as it has the most beautiful golden shimmers in the formula. The others are more of a straight creamy balm-like texture. If you were going to try just one, that would be my rec. Let us know what you decide!
well i gave in and went with creme brulee!! the peach parfait was sold out at my local ulta and i grabbed the last CB... I can def say I am IN LOVE!!!! Not just wish the color but also the formula.. I am going out tomorrow to pick up a couple more shades :) thanks for the tips ladies !!!!! :)

I bought the shades Peach Parfait and Candy apple!
Peach Parfait is pretty, I think it would be nice paired with a smokey eye. Candy apple is also a very nice one! Beautiful red but not too bright!

Corally

They've been released here just now, finally lol :rolleyes:  Really excited to try 'em :happydance: There are only 8 shades available tho, hopefully they'll release the other ones in the future.
I think also only 8 in Holland.. the ones I want the most aren't available here. :nope:

LOVE Revlon Lip Butters!!! I own 9: sugar frosting, strawberry shortcake, sweet tart, raspberry pie, lollipop, peach parfait, candy apply, cherry tart, and red velvet. For me, they are the most moisturizing lipsticks I've ever tried. They have excellent pigmentation (except sugar frosting, which is very light), almost comparable to a true lipstick. The only one I don't care for is red velvet, I'm just not into vampy reds. If they had SPF that would just push me over the top!

Liz2012

I think also only 8 in Holland.. the ones I want the most aren't available here.
nope.gif
Yup .. the one i was most excited about was Sweet Tart but oh well ..
sigh.gif

Maybe if these colors do well here the others get released too in the future?
We can only hope :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
I find these lip butters perfect for those bolder colors with a toned-down quality so it isn't as in-your-face as a bright/bold lipstick.  It's a way for me to wear color daily without it looking over-the-top.  Even if you don't like SUPER bright/bold lips... I think you could find one of these that works for you to give a nice pop of color.
I wonder if this is why I can't bring myself to buy a second one of these, particularly any of the lighter colours. (The only one I own is Sweet Tart, and I also think it's fab.) I was in K-Mart today, had one of them in my hands with the intent to buy (either Cotton Candy or Cupcake, as I'm recalling), but ended up putting it back. Heh.

Corally

I think also only 8 in Holland.. the ones I want the most aren't available here. :nope:
Yup .. the one i was most excited about was Sweet Tart but oh well .. :sigh: Maybe if these colors do well here the others get released too in the future? We can only hope :)
I hope so, that would be great!
I couldn't wait any longer and ordered 3 on eBay! It's also cheaper! I ended up paying €7,50/$9,25 per lip butter, the price in Holland is €10,50/$13! I ordered Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple and Peach Parfait! :)

Liz2012

I couldn't wait any longer and ordered 3 on eBay! It's also cheaper! I ended up paying €7,50/$9,25 per lip butter, the price in Holland is €10,50/$13! I ordered Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple and Peach Parfait!
smiles.gif
Oh, might take a look on ebay too then, thanks for the tip!
thmbup.gif
And those are really good choices, enjoy them
amuse.gif

Eims

I love these. I have four of them. I find them easy to apply in a rush without messing up. I don't find them particularly moisturising but not drying either.

I just wish they had some kind of staying power!

Corally

I couldn't wait any longer and ordered 3 on eBay! It's also cheaper! I ended up paying €7,50/$9,25 per lip butter, the price in Holland is €10,50/$13! I ordered Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple and Peach Parfait! :)
Oh, might take a look on ebay too then, thanks for the tip! :bigthumb:  And those are really good choices, enjoy them :amused:
YW! They're already on their way, can't wait!

Latest posts