hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Anyway, I placed an order when I saw that they restocked on the Velvet Rope set
greengrin.gif

I gotttt:
Urban Decay Velvet Rope 24/7 eyeliner set
Ojon Rub Out cleanser (dry shampoo)
And Philosophy Under The Mistletoe ornament, with 3 lipglosses.
th_drool.gif

Plus my 3 freebies. it was kind of exciting buying stuff at Sephora, I never have before!
smiles.gif

Are the freebies at random at checkout?? My choices were two Benefit products and a liner pot I think
th_dunno.gif
for the $100 spent.

CantAffordMAC

Hmm I dunno, my total came to like 60 something before the discount, and I only spent 50 something after the discount. So i guess the freebies vary with how much u spend? I didnt know that. i got 2 perfume samples and a shampoo or something. I got to choose them.

Damn i should have spent more! LoL
greengrin.gif

bella1342

Quote:
Hmm I dunno, my total came to like 60 something before the discount, and I only spent 50 something after the discount. So i guess the freebies vary with how much u spend? I didnt know that. i got 2 perfume samples and a shampoo or something. I got to choose them.

Damn i should have spent more! LoL
greengrin.gif

Every purchase you get to pick 3 samples, but if you become a beauty insider you get a deluxe sample for ever 100 points you accumulate. You also get a cute gift for your b-day (last year it was a bliss body lotion, this year it was birthday cake scented shower gel... they'll pick a new gift in January for the new year) If you save up 500 points you get a gift set.. if you want.

You just have to sign up on their site, it's free.

Lately the deluxe samples have been great. A few weeks ago I got a big Sephora shopper tote, and this week it was A full-size Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow or Benefit lipstick. You could get that with 100 points only.

If your not a beauty insider sign up and call customer service. They will add the 50 or 60 points you would've got to your new beauty insider account.

If you ever get to an actual Sephora store ask them for a card for your beauty insider account. Then whenever you get to a store they just scan it with your purchase.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342
Every purchase you get to pick 3 samples, but if you become a beauty insider you get a deluxe sample for ever 100 points you accumulate. You also get a cute gift for your b-day (last year it was a bliss body lotion, this year it was birthday cake scented shower gel... they'll pick a new gift in January for the new year) If you save up 500 points you get a gift set.. if you want.

Lately the deluxe samples have been great. A few weeks ago I got a big Sephora shopper tote, and this week it was A full-size Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow or Benefit lipstick. You could get that with 100 points only.

If your not a beauty insider sign up and call customer service. They will add the 50 or 60 points you would've got to your new beauty insider account.

If you ever get to an actual Sephora store ask them for a card for your beauty insider account. Then whenever you get to a store they just scan it with your purchase.

Cool! thanks! I am a beauty insider, this was my very first sephora purchase. I got to pick the regular 3 samples, but obviously I wouldnt get 100 points yet. I wonder how to find out how many points I have for making a purchase?

bella1342

When you sign in it will tell you.. but it might be hard to find it at first. I know I didn't notice it right away. In the box it will say beauty insider, then it will say you have __ points in your beauty bank.

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342

This is what I meant. I got the l/s..the smoothness really surprised me. I wanted to order more last night
yes.gif

jenntoz

Quote:
Instead of the samples I suggested, they sent me all lame samples. What is tend skin?? LoL

I think I got that once for my hubby ...I think its for a man's face after shaving?

jenntoz

LOL, actually I just checked on sephora's site & it says its for men AND WOMEN for after they shave or wax...it has great reviews too so its a good sample! Maybe you'll love it, I'm going to take itback from my hubby & try it too!
smiles.gif

Ernie

I use tend skin on my pimples, dries them right up. Otherwise you would use it as to avoid ingrown hairs after shaving or waxing.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by antleila
The code is right and it is not a one time only. Got my invite today (happen to be friend
smiles.gif
) Have fun spending girls
yahoo.gif

Thanks!
Is it like a MAC code, in the sense that it can be used as often as you like?
And what are the valid dates?

airplane_girl

so today I went to Sephora to look at the stuff( i.e MUFE foundation) I plan to buy online using the f&f discount. You know how they usually come to you and ask if you need any help well one of the girls did and I told her I was just looking at the stuff I was going to buy online so I can get the F&F discount. Well she happened to be a manager or assistant manager and said since I knew about it I can just buy the stuff there and get the discount. YAY so I don't have to wait for it... I saved 81 bucks. Finally got the clarisonic that I have been eyeing,extra bush head for the clarisonic, MUFE foundation, Shelaq, full size bliss body cream, the lash placement tool that was recommended by mac_pixie, holiday tweezerman set, black tweezerman (for the hubby) and clinque instant pore minimizer.
graucho.gif

i was planning on getting some UD but I'm going to buy with UD for the 30% off.

I read here that if you save 500 points you can get a gift set with them. Is that true?

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplane_girl
so today I went to Sephora to look at the stuff( i.e MUFE foundation) I plan to buy online using the f&f discount. You know how they usually come to you and ask if you need any help well one of the girls did and I told her I was just looking at the stuff I was going to buy online so I can get the F&F discount. Well she happened to be a manager or assistant manager and said since I knew about it I can just buy the stuff there and get the discount. YAY so I don't have to wait for it... I saved 81 bucks. Finally got the clarisonic that I have been eyeing,extra bush head for the clarisonic, MUFE foundation, Shelaq, full size bliss body cream, the lash placement tool that was recommended by mac_pixie, holiday tweezerman set, black tweezerman (for the hubby) and clinque instant pore minimizer.
graucho.gif

i was planning on getting some UD but I'm going to buy with UD for the 30% off.

I read here that if you save 500 points you can get a gift set with them. Is that true?

You were very lucky that you spoke to her. The online sale ended at midnight on Tuesday. Had you tried to order online, you would have had to pay full price.

airplane_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecher
You were very lucky that you spoke to her. The online sale ended at midnight on Tuesday. Had you tried to order online, you would have had to pay full price.

th_DANCE.gif
wow I had thought it was over on the 22nd but I just read that it's for instore.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
Regarding sales....(This question is my pet peeve, people ask us all the time and to me it seems kinda "duh" lol but I think that's only because I know better)

Just like Macys, Nordstrom and other places where you buy high end cosmetics, we do not have sales. The only time we do is when a brand is exiting our company and we put the leftover stock on clearance, or sometimes certain Limited Edition items that don't move fast enough will have their prices dropped. We sell luxury goods, and luxury goods don't often go on sale, so this one time of year that we offer our discount to our clients is really the only time you could consider us to be having a "sale." Because our products don't turn over with time of year or trend--say like winter clothes go on sale in spring to make room for spring clothes in a department store--we don't have sales. And, the only time we can make price changes or have "sales" is if the brands and our corporate heads allow it, which almost never happens.

So if you're going to Sephora on Black Friday or the day after Christmas expecting a sale, you're going to be disappointed. It's not something we do, just like Macys, just like Nordstrom.

Sorry to bump this thread up, but just had to say that Sephora now has their sale online! I knew they'd have something so took your comment with a pinch of salt at the time.

Gift sets are being discounted aswell as some of their own brand single items and a host of other brand names.

coachkitten

Quote:
I dont see any sale at Sephora.com?
th_dunno.gif

It is showing on the main page now. I wasn't working earlier for me either. There is nothing really on sale. Most of them are just a few dollars off the retail prices. The up to 75% off is on about 4 products. I hope that they add a few more things later or have some deeper discounts.

Beauty Mark

The sale looks like mostly stuff that they're discontinuing. IIRC, I saw some of it in the Clearance section on the website.

hhunt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
The sale looks like mostly stuff that they're discontinuing. IIRC, I saw some of it in the Clearance section on the website.

Every so often, I look whats on the sale page. But now-a-days, it's alot of sets ranging from BE, DKNY, Sephora's brand, brushes, Ojon, Lorlac, Vincent Longo, etc. But with BE and DKNY, I think that they have alot of sets that have become unpopular and Sephora is tryin to clean out 2008's inventory.

Brands like Sugar, Vincent Longo & Pop Beauty seem to be going out of business (like Hard Candy).

It's about 25%-75% sale. But if Sephora's main page doesnt have the "sale" link, just search the word SALE on Sephora search engine.