Sephora FF Sale 2008

sflores900

I love this sale, I stocked up:
Anastasia Brow Duality
Nars Eyeshadows in Fuji and Galapagos
Sephora by OPI in brainiac
Urban Decay Velvet Rope kit
Duwop Watermelon Blushbooster
MUFE HD Foundation in 117 and 140 (to mix together)
MUFE Duo Mat Foundation
Nars Duo Eyeshadows in Cordura and Bellissima
Stila kit in Shock Value
Kat Von D Palette in Beethoven

I ready for this sale to end i've already spent to much!

minakokanmuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Found this posted by a member on the QVC Community Forum:

not valid in Canada?!
ssad.gif
that's depressing. and i was so looking forward to it...

jenniferls

I bought:

NARS Orgasm Blush
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Collection
CARGO Holiday Nights Collection
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
Smashbox Fan Brush

I also had a brush set in my cart but when I went to place my order it was sold out.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakokanmuri
not valid in Canada?!
ssad.gif
that's depressing. and i was so looking forward to it...

If you're a beauty insider they should have sent you an invite for 20% off by email. It's from 8-10 AM. It applies to Canadian stores.

zeroxstar

ut oh i just bought too much! (but got nearly $30 off yay!)

I got:
-Sephora Brand Vanilla Cupcake Dry Oil (LOVE this scent, I should have waited for this sale to get the lotion & shower gel I just bought)
-Laura Geller Spackle (tinted)
-Urban Decay 24/7 Travel Set in Velvet Rope
-Sephora Brand Scent Sampler Best Sellers For Him (this is an xmas gift for my boyfriend)
- Sephora Brand Light Touch Highlighter
& some sephora brand wedges sponges

wifey806

dang it!! i just bought Velvet Mat AND High Def like 2 weeks ago
ssad.gif
oh well...

(that's what i get for using my student loan on makeup
smiles.gif

darkwater_soul

Bump to answer my previous question -

Anyone who works at Sephora now who has thier Fand F card? My friend currently works there and said she had a card for me, and that in the store the discount is valid until the 22nd, yes/no?

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
Regarding sales....(This question is my pet peeve, people ask us all the time and to me it seems kinda "duh" lol but I think that's only because I know better)

Just like Macys, Nordstrom and other places where you buy high end cosmetics, we do not have sales. The only time we do is when a brand is exiting our company and we put the leftover stock on clearance, or sometimes certain Limited Edition items that don't move fast enough will have their prices dropped. We sell luxury goods, and luxury goods don't often go on sale, so this one time of year that we offer our discount to our clients is really the only time you could consider us to be having a "sale." Because our products don't turn over with time of year or trend--say like winter clothes go on sale in spring to make room for spring clothes in a department store--we don't have sales. And, the only time we can make price changes or have "sales" is if the brands and our corporate heads allow it, which almost never happens.

So if you're going to Sephora on Black Friday or the day after Christmas expecting a sale, you're going to be disappointed. It's not something we do, just like Macys, just like Nordstrom.

Don't you discount the sets that come out especially for Xmas, after Xmas?? Perfume gift sets, etc

LatinaRose

I really held back and chopped my list down to the UD Deluxe Shadow Box and Nars Blush in Crazed. I wanted to get so much more!!! But I have too much makeup I don't use anyway, so I'm trying to chill out.

winterwonder

Yayyy I stocked up on my basics (Clinique concealer and Purity made simple).

Still waiting on my Shiseido mascara base!!! I ordered stuff for a friend after I ordered that and hers arrived first. Gr!! =(

ambicion6

Whooo!

I got the following:

[FONT=&quot]Make Up For Ever/Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation/No. 35 - Vanilla [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Urban Decay/Eyeshadow Primer Potion/0.34 oz [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dior/L'absolu/2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Make Up For Ever/5 Camouflage Cream Palette - No. 3/N3 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sephora Brand/Professionnel Brow Brush #10/Professionnel Brow Brush #10 [/FONT]

I went to Sephora today to get matched for MUFE foundation after reading all the reviews on here and on makeupalley.

I just need something more matte for day to day instead of the MAC satinfinish.

purrtykitty

I had a little fun with my invite this morning. I got MUFE HD Primer #9, Benefit Powderflage, a Sephora Pearl shadow (in a pretty creamy beige), and two brushes (a blending brush and small shadow brush). Plus I got a free mini Philosophy Purity cleanser and I had enough points to get a beauty bonus, so I got the Smashbox Bionic mascara. I also nabbed a sample of the MUFE HD Primer #1 (the green one).

CantAffordMAC

the one damn thing i wanted (velvet rope eyeliner set) is sold out.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well, more money for MAC. I never shop at Sephora, and I was going to take advantage of this sale, but now I wont.

astronaut

Woo hoo here's what I got:

Dior Dior Vernis - Black Sequins - Black Sequins 905
NARS Single Eye Shadow - Night Breed
Philosophy Café Au Lait Shower Gel - 16 oz
SEPHORA by OPI Daily Hand Moisturizer To Go - 1.7 oz
Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer - 0 Neutral
Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base
Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush
NARS Duo Eye Shadow - Misfit

And I got 3 full sized Benefit lipsticks in I do. I do. I do. It's like Gentle Simmer slimshine on steroids!

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Don't you discount the sets that come out especially for Xmas, after Xmas?? Perfume gift sets, etc

In the US, possibly not, since everything can be returned to the vendor. In Canada, you can't ship across the border due to transportation regulations for alcohol, so maybe/probably (unless it's a brand with a Canadian warehouse).

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
In the US, possibly not, since everything can be returned to the vendor. In Canada, you can't ship across the border due to transportation regulations for alcohol, so maybe/probably (unless it's a brand with a Canadian warehouse).

That's odd. I've been told they do in Macys, etc They always do here in England.

Hmm I'll check on Boxing Day myself anyways...thanks hon.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
^as a retail associate that annoys me as well cause I work at a store that doesn't take coupons at all/do black friday sales and I hear mouth.

I'll take the 20% haha I've been dying for some Buxom lipglosses.

I know!! People can be so nasty! I've had people blatantly ask me for my discount, people I hardly know. Or "Wow, this is expensive. Can I get a discount since I'm buying such a big item?" Uhh no, see that price tile? Thats how much you pay...all year round unless something changes in our corporate office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater_soul
Anyone currently work at a store know when the F and F will be in store? Same time period?

F&F instore is 11/6-11/22, but you have to have a stamped store card from a cast member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby

No, because nothing we sell comes out specifically for Christmas; there are launches around the holidays, but those things are still good afterward. Most of our gift sets don't even look like they're for the holidays because even after Christmas etc, we want to still be able to sell them. If we don't, we send them back to the brand and they can do what they want with their merchandise. That's sometimes how things end up in Nordstrom Rack etc.

As far as I know here in the US, Macy's Cosmetics and Fragrance departments don't have sales or coupons. They have GWP as an incentive, because they can't alter the price of those luxury goods.

CantAffordMAC

where do i put in the damn code? Im trying to check out but cant figure out where to put the FF2008...

Im so...dense.
th_crazy.gif
lol

EDIT: Ummm I figured it out. Wow Im slow lol

CantAffordMAC

Anyway, I placed an order when I saw that they restocked on the Velvet Rope set
greengrin.gif

I gotttt:
Urban Decay Velvet Rope 24/7 eyeliner set
Ojon Rub Out cleanser (dry shampoo)
And Philosophy Under The Mistletoe ornament, with 3 lipglosses.
th_drool.gif

Plus my 3 freebies. it was kind of exciting buying stuff at Sephora, I never have before!
smiles.gif