Shadesticks to be discontinued?!?!

capmorlovesmac

I wanted to buy Royal Hue but it was gone here too. The MA however hopes that there will be more Paintpots in the future too. I am so sad now.
crybaby.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookeanderson
anywhere besides maybe ebay i should look to find corn? i'm devastated and i don't want to use the one now because it's one of my favorite items and i don't think i can live without it
ssad.gif

I got one about a week ago at a CCO.... if you have one near you, I'd try that.

*Gigi*

I am personally not too dissapointed about this- I loved the paints. I am not too crazy about the paint pots either.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Gigi*
I am personally not too dissapointed about this- I loved the paints. I am not too crazy about the paint pots either.

you better get use to paint pots cuz paints are on their way out too!

capmorlovesmac

crybaby.gif
to the discontinued part but
yahoo.gif
I just ordered Corn, Sea Me and Overcast!
sneaky.gif

I wanted to buy Sharkskin too but I tried Blacktrack f/l as a base today and I love it! So I don't need Sharkskin that much.
But I am still sad because of Royal Hue.
ssad.gif

Zoffe

I think it's so sad that they're DCing all the fun colors of everything! Fluidliners, shadesticks, paints... Even eyesadows! Well... Not relly DCing eyeshadows but bitter, chrome yellow, passionate and vellum are MAC store only now
ssad.gif
boo
ssad.gif

I just went in to get my first shade stick (beig-ing) and was told if I end up liking them I should scoop them up because they're being discontinued. My MAC only has about 4 shades left and I was told they wont be getting anymore. I do think the shade stick will be used up quickly though so I'm contemplating getting another but I personally think I perfer the paint pots. They just seem to go on smoother and last a lot longer. However the shade stick is quite convenient and fool proof. Anyway, now I'm rambling on but my point was that I heard this is true. I wouldn't consider myself a biz insider so how much truth there is to this I couldn't tell ya.

amber_j

^ Oh no! I thought they were keeping the neutrals? Damn, I need to get backups of Sharkskin and Gentle Lentil. And probably get some of the lighter neutrals as well. Thanks for letting us know leah!

nadiya

I hope this doesn't mean they'll discontinue all the neutral paints too? They can't get rid of bare canvas!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya
I hope this doesn't mean they'll discontinue all the neutral paints too? They can't get rid of bare canvas!

If they do... I don't even know. You may find me in a corner, rocking back and forth, muttering curses at MAC.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahbear1123
I just went in to get my first shade stick (beig-ing) and was told if I end up liking them I should scoop them up because they're being discontinued. ...... I wouldn't consider myself a biz insider so how much truth there is to this I couldn't tell ya.

Nope, it's definitely true. I went to Selfridges in London today to buy a Beige-ing s/s for my friend and they've completely sold out. The MA said they most probably wouldn't be getting any more and confirmed that all s/s are definitely being discontinued. I've been in denial but now need to accept this fact.
cry.gif

AngelBunny

I am going to have to go to my CCO today and buy them out of every Beige-ing they have if this is true. I cannot live without Beige-ing ... I will keel over.

amber_j

I'm really confused now! I sent an e-mail to MAC customer services to double check this. They said that not all of the shadesticks are being discontinued, just the ones we already know (Sea Me, Lucky Jade, Fresh Cement, Pink Couture). The rest are staying. I give up!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrawr
Glad they're not going.
I love my sharkshin!

sorry, but they are going. all but beige-ing, gentle lentil and shimmersand.

bebeflamand

I went to MAC with a shopping list (i'm such a dork lol) and the MUA immediately said they no longer carry any paints and shadesticks (all colours). Really gutted about the paints.

2sweet

I really hope gentil lentil would not be discontinued, at least not until I get to stock up! It's my easy go to eyeshadow when I am in a hurry. I love sharkskin also and I am on my last one, I wish it could be repromoted again because I did not stock up.

MorianNoxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

I'm confused a bit but I do hope beige-ing's not going anyhere. It's the perfect base.
th_dunno.gif

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

OK, I need to go back to Selfridges and find out why I was told they weren't getting any more Beige-ing delivered. And I need to stock up on the other s/s that it appears are definitely going!