Shipping to Canada - Customs and Shipping Times?

swt_int3ntions

Hi everyone

I was just wondering where the products are sent from when ordering online...

For everyone in Canada who has ordered online...have you ever had to pay customs when receiving your package?

Thanks!

kalikana

Re: Shipping to Canada

From the MAC website right? I'd like to know too. xD

Totally off-topic but..
Hey, you live in Mississauga.. so do I! lol. I'm so glad that Square One has a freestanding MAC store, a MAC counter, and a Sephora all in the same hall/corridor or whatever you call it. lol.
greengrin.gif

msmack

It is shipped from Canada as far as I know, and I have never been charged customs charges when ordering from MAC online (because it's not going over the border). HTH

SmileyfacedPen

I'm pretty sure that Canadian orders are shipped from Ontario. At least, that's what I seem to recall the return address being, but I could be wrong about that. Also, every single time I order, the package comes five days later, so it's got to be from somewhere in Canada.

foomph

It's shipped from Toronto (Ontario). I've never had to pay duty on my orders but I'm in Canada. I never had to pay duty on my Everyday Minerals orders wither, though, and they come form somewhere in the southern US.

gigglegirl

We can't order from the US (the phone numbers are for Canada, if you try and order through the US site with the nice prices you eventually get bumped to Canada with your shipping address--I've tried). Therefore as mentioned above--Shipped from ON so no duty

swt_int3ntions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikana
From the MAC website right? I'd like to know too. xD

Totally off-topic but..
Hey, you live in Mississauga.. so do I! lol. I'm so glad that Square One has a freestanding MAC store, a MAC counter, and a Sephora all in the same hall/corridor or whatever you call it. lol.
greengrin.gif

YES! Its the hall of death! lol, takes me foreverrrr to get through that one hallway...I'm there all the time! lol and I always have so little money left to buy anything else
th_dunno.gif

christineeee_

i love ordering online when i don't have time to go to the mall and i always get free shipping cuz i always spend over $75.

ps. i live in mississauga too and i prefer going to the MAC counter in the bay rather than the freestanding store cuz i find the MAs at the counter are much more friendly and they are of greater help. the girls at the freestanding store just stand there and stare at u.

Meryl

I was forced to order on-line once, to get a l/s I thought I had to have. It comes from Mississauga. I think I got it the next day.

I do prefer the stores or counters. I need to test, test, test before I buy.

Sabrunka

Yah they come from Toronto which is AMAZING, I'll make my order and get it the next day!! It's awesome heh. ( I live two hours away from Toronto so yah haha).

BlahWah

Funny enough, it gets to me in 5 days or so and I live in Toronto... it's delivered from the Keele & Steeles area in North York on the west side of Toronto near Woodbridge, about a 1/2 hr drive from my place, lol. But no duties *cheer!* and I'm loving the free shipping codes. =D

VDUB*BELLA

Mississauga here too
Just got order today. I get it shipped to Hamilton and it takes a day for me to get my order
Their address is 550 Petrolia Road, Toronto M3J2W3

PS - I hate the MAC store in Square One. Always busy and Im sorry but some of the girls that work there are bitches. Straight up. Sorry. I love going to the Bay especially Limeridge Mall (Hamilton) everyone is way more chill and friendly

swt_int3ntions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
Mississauga here too
Just got order today. I get it shipped to Hamilton and it takes a day for me to get my order
Their address is 550 Petrolia Road, Toronto M3J2W3

PS - I hate the MAC store in Square One. Always busy and Im sorry but some of the girls that work there are bitches. Straight up. Sorry. I love going to the Bay especially Limeridge Mall (Hamilton) everyone is way more chill and friendly

HAHAHA I know what you mean. I dont like going in there...although there are a couple of nice ones. Usually when I go in, I dont get a hi or any help, usually have to ask for it...Once even, I walked in and there were 5 standing around gossiping and ignoring me...ugh
thmbdn.gif

mindlessgapgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineeee_
ps. i live in mississauga too and i prefer going to the MAC counter in the bay rather than the freestanding store cuz i find the MAs at the counter are much more friendly and they are of greater help. the girls at the freestanding store just stand there and stare at u.

I agree!!! I've worked at both locations at Square One, and while I found that for a freelancer, the freestanding store was better for making me feel welcome as a staff member, the customer service there isn't the greatest. I always tried to be the girl that helped all the people the others ignored...And even now, when I go in there just to purchase product, it seems to take forever to flag someone down...The counter down at The Bay seemed to have more loyal clients - I have a $600 sale once on a Saturday after they said they had basically been ignored at the store and came to the counter desperate for help!

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by swt_int3ntions
HAHAHA I know what you mean. I dont like going in there...although there are a couple of nice ones. Usually when I go in, I dont get a hi or any help, usually have to ask for it...Once even, I walked in and there were 5 standing around gossiping and ignoring me...ugh
thmbdn.gif

when i go in, i don't get a 'hi' either. i was in there on friday cuz i forgot to get something at the counter that same day and there was like 10 of them just standing around talking. i was looking at some pigments and one of the MAs decided to stand directly in front of them behind my arm where i was reaching to test them out and she didn't know i was there. she realized i was there 2 minutes later but she didn't even get out of the way or ask if i needed any help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessgapgirl
I agree!!! I've worked at both locations at Square One, and while I found that for a freelancer, the freestanding store was better for making me feel welcome as a staff member, the customer service there isn't the greatest. I always tried to be the girl that helped all the people the others ignored...And even now, when I go in there just to purchase product, it seems to take forever to flag someone down...The counter down at The Bay seemed to have more loyal clients - I have a $600 sale once on a Saturday after they said they had basically been ignored at the store and came to the counter desperate for help!

i love the counter at The Bay <3 that's where i'm going to test stuff out. the freestanding store makes me feel so unwelcome.

vuittongirl

mac shipping time? canada...

So i've just placed my first order with M.a.c online. does anyone know how long it takes to ship in canada?

BlahWah

Re: mac shipping time? canada...

Heh, well, I live 1/2 hr from the warehouse (in Toronto) and it can take up to 5 days, tho others living farther get it the next day. I did find that answering the Bizrate survey hurried things up some when I answered that I expected delivery in 1-2 days. *shrug* I hope they make it to you sooner!

Holly

Re: mac shipping time? canada...

Way back when I ordered stuff from the Fafi collection online, it took a little more than 2 weeks