Skinny Cow

TDoll

HOLY CRAP y'all.... this stuff is good. (It's a line of low fat ice cream treats) So I'm sure many of you have heard of this or seen it in the grocery store, or perhaps have some in your freezer, but I HAD to share what's becoming my preferred treat as of late.

Here is the site:
The Skinny Cow: Home Page
(The "cowculator" is cool)

So I bought the low fat vanilla ice cream sandwiches at Publix (but they are sold pretty much everywhere). They are the best ice cream sandwiches I've ever had. To me, they top the Mayfield ones I used to buy and keep in the fridge. They are on round chocolate cookies and have a crazy amount of vanilla ice cream inside them. Usually, as you all know, low fat stuff sucks, but these are delicious and very satisfying. They also have no sugar added stuff as well. I'm not on a diet by any means, but everyone can appreciate a yummy, very-bad-for-you-tasting treat, that is actually low in fat. I also bought the Skinny Dippers which is like a "chunky" but dipped only half way. They are de-lish too.

Just thought I'd share! These are soooooo great!

coachkitten

I love them as well! They are great treats when you are trying to stay healthy. I love the mint ones!! Yum....now I want to run off to the store for a skinny cow!
smiles.gif

deven.marie

the skinny cow cheese is REALLY good too, it comes in a circle which is cut into 8ths or 10ths, and the texture is so creamy. its probably my favorite cheese. i spread it on crackers, its like cheesy heaven.

elegant-one

Oooooh, I agree - they are delish! I really watch what I eat so these are great. We get the mixed, half vanilla half chocolate. I eat the vanilla & hubby eats the chocolate
smiles.gif

GlossyAbby

I also love the smart ones chocalote chip sundae.....you cannot even tell its diet.. cookie, whipped cream icecream and chocolate....I love it...its my treat if I have a terrible day at work...
smiles.gif

MiCHiE

Blue Bell is much more fattening that Skinny Cow. And, SC doesn't give you a lowfat "taste". It's rich and good. I just discovered Edy's Slow-Churned bars and I'm in heaven. They're also lowfat.

Tinkee-Belle

I dont like these
ssad.gif
I dont like ANYTHING that is low-fat, or diet, it just tastes chemically to me, like aspartame or something. Sucks because these are the only frozen treats my mom buys... and sugar free popsicles.. yuck!

pumpkincat210

I haven't seen it at the store, but i also haven't looked for it. I love the name of it, Skinny Cow.. it makes me laugh. As long as it doesn't have fake sugar in it I probably will like it.

NicksWifey

Skinny Cows are really good.
Also, I like to take chocolate graham crackers and fat free cool whip and make them up like sandwiches and freeze them for a while, they are equally tasty!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
Skinny Cows are really good.
Also, I like to take chocolate graham crackers and fat free cool whip and make them up like sandwiches and freeze them for a while, they are equally tasty!

Oh yes - fat free Cool Whip & Reddi Whip - yummy
drools.gif
yummy.gif

concertina

I used to eat these as my only allowed 'treat' while dieting. Now, I can't even look at them. All I taste are chemicals...

I'd much rather have less of the real thing than a full one of their sandwiches. Thats probably just me, though...

kaliraksha

Yeah when I was on Weight Watchers 6 or 7 years ago they were recommended. I love that they have a mint variety. They are really not bad if you are on a diet. Although sometimes I will just have some blackberries if I am tired of the artificial flavors. Berries are pretty diet friendly.

x-ivy

i love them. they're my favourite ice cream "treat", lol
other than chocolate fudge brownie ice cream from laura secord

k.a.t

AA now i need to get me some skinny cow! Hmmm, is it better than haagen dazs though? i'm soo addicted to their strawberry cheesecake ice-cream
tong.gif

purrtykitty

Mmm, Skinny Cow!! Sooo tasty. I've also found the Weight Watchers Ice Cream Bars are really yummy, too! I've tried the Cookies 'n' Cream and Chocolate Cookies ones (at least I think that's what they're called). Very similar nutritionally to Skinny Cow.

chocokitty

I'm love ice cream and I picked these up at Costco to try and they are surprisingly good. The chocolate and mint flavors are my fav.