• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Smokiest smokey eyes with dark soul

Purity

Someone requested a tut on this look on another board, so I thought I'd post it here aswell
smiles.gif

08-02-228.jpg

08-02-227.jpg

Products used:
- MAC prep + prime face
- MAC sff foundation in NW20 + a bit of NW35
- Make up store cover all mix
- MAC blot powder loose
- Make up store tri brow
- UDPP
- MAC sharkskin shadestick
- MAC dark soul pigment
- MAC fairylite pigment
- MAC blacktrack fluidline
- MAC graphblack technakohl
- MAC plush lash mascara
- H&M brow fix
- FOB eyeshadow brush
- Japonesque eyeshadow brush
- MAC #208 brush

Put on your foundation, concelaer and set with powder. Apply UDPP to lids and blend with your fingers. Add some loose powder underneath your eyes to catch up any fallout eyeshadow.
1.jpg

Grab your sharkskin shadestick. It works fine with a kohl eye liner aswell if you don't have sharskin.
2.jpg

Apply sharkskin to lids in the rouge shape that you want your black eyeshadow to be.
3.jpg

Pick up some dark soul on your eyeshadow brush
4.jpg

Apply it to your lids over sharkskin
5.jpg

It should look something like this. Left eye has dark soul applied over sharkskin, right eye is sharkskin only.
6.jpg

Grab some more dark soul and gently apply some outside the sharkskin shape, add a little bit at the time so you don't go overboard!
7.jpg

When you're done, it should look something like this:
8.jpg

Pick up some fairylite pigment on your other eyeshadow brush
9.jpg

Apply it to the brow bone and inner corner of eye, near the nose bridge.
10.jpg

Blending time! Gently blend any sharp lines, don't over-do it thogh; the original shape should still be visible.
11.jpg

All blended! I added some more dark soul to enhance the shape even more. Brush off the loose powder and clean up any fallout in the inner corner of the eye with a q-tip.
12.jpg

Fill in your brows. Well defined brows is a must for this look.
13.jpg

Line your lower lashline with graphblack technakohl
14.jpg

Line your waterline aswell
15.jpg

Grab your #208 brush and pick up some dark soul on it
16.jpg

Smudge it between your lower lashes and over the eye liner to make it smokier and to fill in the gap between the lower lash liner and the waterline liner
17.jpg

Line your upper lashline with blacktrack fluidline and #208 brush
18.jpg

Also, put some graphblack outside the inner corner of your eye to frame the eye completly
19.jpg

It should look something like this
20.jpg

Last step is to add two layers of plush lash mascara...
21.jpg

...and you're done!
08-02-225.jpg

08-02-226.jpg

08-02-229.jpg

gatsby

this looks wonderful -- and I also love that it doesn't use five bajillion products. Thanks for the tut!

trip75

You make it look easy! I just got black soul last week and you've given me something to do with it!!! Thanx for the tut!

Purity

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked it
smiles.gif

Dark soul can be a bit wierd to get the hang of, but if you use a dark, sticky base underneath it it goes on beautifully.

Trista

Thanks for the tut! Love the look. I'm convinced I need sharkskin shadestick now. Man I'm gonna be broke.

Purity

Trista: sharkskin is awesome under dark eyeshadows. At least they don't cost as much in the US as they do over here, I think they charge about $26 for a shadestick here in Sweden...

Purity

imperfectbeauty: I guess you could, I don't own black tied myself but I think they're quite similar, both have silver glitter in it
smiles.gif