So, I'm going to purchase my 1st MAC makeup this weekend, and-_-_-

Larkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat

Base:
MAC Prep & Prime works well...but I just tried their Oil Control Lotion last week...after years of wearing MAC. It's a godsend! So..a bit of Oil Control Lotion (all over) followed by MAC Matte.

Thanks, I'll definately have to try this. Anything to win the battle on shine.
greengrin.gif

Larkin

Mission accomplished $$$$

I went in with no makeup on about 30min after opening. I told myself f#*k it! I didn't even fill in my brows or put on mascara.
shockt.gif
There wasn't anyone at the counter ,so, I was pretty happy about that. I was still pretty uncomfortable having her that close to my flaws. It made me feel a little more @ ease because her skin wasn't that great(not 2B mean) I just felt she could ???? understand/guide me better??

She asked me what fndtn I had in mind, and I told he SF liq/powder. She suggested the liq and matched me to a NC45. I told her I wanted concealor & powder. She gave me NC45 cnclr & sheer select powder NC40. I didn't like the look of the same color concealor (for under my eyes) so I got NC42 instead. I don't know about the powder. I wasn't familiar with Sheer Select. I hadn't read anything about it here, and it threw me off because I like to be an informed buyer. I bought it anyway because I trusted her being the pro and manager.

I kinda expected more. In the past I've been to the MAC store with my sister and they were sooo helpful to her, suggesting this&that, explaining what this product will do for her, what brush she should use for her products, where she could get cheaper equivalents from!, etc. Maybe it's just because I'm not as outgoing as my sis.
th_dunno.gif
I just wanted more suggestions from her. Heck, I hold MA's in high regard!
winks.gif

IDK you weren't allowed to get the little test brushes yourself @ the counter.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I went with my list of l/g & l/s I wanted to try and I only tried 3, I felt like I was being annoying
ssad.gif
. I think I'd like going to the "store" better, where I can test things on my own.

All in all, I look forward to going again. Thanks for all the recs they're duely noted for future visits. Specktra rocks!

makeba

i was just about to ask how did it go!! you know you could always go to website to ask questions. now that you have a good start your on your way. i hope the products work for you.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkin
Mission accomplished $$$$

I went in with no makeup on about 30min after opening. I told myself f#*k it! I didn't even fill in my brows or put on mascara.
shockt.gif
There wasn't anyone at the counter ,so, I was pretty happy about that. I was still pretty uncomfortable having her that close to my flaws. It made me feel a little more @ ease because her skin wasn't that great(not 2B mean) I just felt she could ???? understand/guide me better??

She asked me what fndtn I had in mind, and I told he SF liq/powder. She suggested the liq and matched me to a NC45. I told her I wanted concealor & powder. She gave me NC45 cnclr & sheer select powder NC40. I didn't like the look of the same color concealor (for under my eyes) so I got NC42 instead. I don't know about the powder. I wasn't familiar with Sheer Select. I hadn't read anything about it here, and it threw me off because I like to be an informed buyer. I bought it anyway because I trusted her being the pro and manager.

I kinda expected more. In the past I've been to the MAC store with my sister and they were sooo helpful to her, suggesting this&that, explaining what this product will do for her, what brush she should use for her products, where she could get cheaper equivalents from!, etc. Maybe it's just because I'm not as outgoing as my sis.
th_dunno.gif
I just wanted more suggestions from her. Heck, I hold MA's in high regard!
winks.gif

IDK you weren't allowed to get the little test brushes yourself @ the counter.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I went with my list of l/g & l/s I wanted to try and I only tried 3, I felt like I was being annoying
ssad.gif
. I think I'd like going to the "store" better, where I can test things on my own.

All in all, I look forward to going again. Thanks for all the recs they're duely noted for future visits. Specktra rocks!

It sounds like it went okay. Not great, not terrible...just okay. There's nothing wrong with that. I find if you're super enthusiastic, by and large, the MUAs are too. Perhaps you seemed nervous (especially as you were so worried about your skin). Don't worry about it. Experiment with your new haul and enjoy yourself. Half the time that's the best way to learn anyway (because as professional as MUAs are, their advice isn't standardized. One MUA will tell you one thing, another will tell you something completely different and in the end you'll have to figure out what works best for you on your own anyway!)

I'm sure you'll be back to the store in no time to test out all the lippies you had your eye on!

Have fun!

smiles.gif

Larkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
It sounds like it went okay. Not great, not terrible...just okay. There's nothing wrong with that. I find if you're super enthusiastic, by and large, the MUAs are too. Perhaps you seemed nervous (especially as you were so worried about your skin). Don't worry about it.

smiles.gif

Yeah, that was most likely it.