Something I noticed about the Turquatic eyeshadows...

Vicky88

sweetieturquatic0uz.jpg

When I saw a pic of the new Turquatic stuff, I noticed something about the eyeshadows. Reminded me of the Sweetie Cake quad lol.

Not exact, but fairly similar I think!

PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO TURQUATIC QUAD, I PHOTOSHOPPED THIS.

Vicky88

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that it wasn't a real MAC picture. Would have been pretty crappy quality if it were lol.

midgetfury74

YEAH SUPER SIMILAR, makes me wonder if i really need the turquatic e/s if i already have sweetie cakes. I must go in for a closer look.!

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
they do look alot alike! but I think the purple from Turquatic is much prettier!
smiles.gif

i think so too. XD

bellaetoile

my god, mac really needs to step things up. i feel like everything they've released this year has been unoriginal, and similar to several other things they've released in the past. even the new pigments were nothing special, and self-admittedly could be created by mixing old pigments together. these shadows are nothing new, which i suppose is good, since it'll mean i spend less money. sigh. hopefully. stuff from a muse and later lines will be better. i have some moderate hopes for the fall stuff, hopefully it won't disappoint like everything has since culturebloom.

and a big LOL to having to edit in that you made that quad in photoshop. i'd laugh if a widespread panic was caused by those looking for the 'turquatic' quad. hah.

calbear

Actually the Turquatic shadows don't look anything like the Sweetie Cake quad. If I were really trying - I could find other MAC shadows that they look like but not the Sweetie Cake quad (i.e. Purple Shower looks kinda like Stars and Rocket with a lot less purple and no iridescence)

leobrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetfury74
YEAH SUPER SIMILAR, makes me wonder if i really need the turquatic e/s if i already have sweetie cakes. I must go in for a closer look.!

This is what I'm thinking. It's just too close

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88
Sorry, I thought it was obvious that it wasn't a real MAC picture. Would have been pretty crappy quality if it were lol.

you don't give yourself enough credit!

yeah i am a bit aqua'd out myself.
i think that is what turned me off to the cool eyes patternmaker pallette. but i LOVE that purple(turquatic) man!

farra712

They do look close in the picture, but I got Turquatic and I swatched it and it is like a bluer version of aquadisiac. It doesn't have the greyish tint to it that sugar blue had on me. It was kinda like a robins egg blue with silver sparkle. Also, pink source is really pretty but I don't know what it would compare to. Those are the only two I have gotten my hands on so far!

syrene78

I got all of them -at the Mac Pro- and I don't think that they look the same at all...
It's hard to tell on a computer as there are not so many colors on a computer due to the resolution sometimes...
But just by looking at the picture, it's obvious that the 2 bottom ones are very different.
The left top, Light ray, looks a lot different once you apply it: it is so shimmery, a bit like Prismique, but not the same color, more yellow, very much like a powder in terms of constitency though.
Pink Source is very pretty! A very soft shade, very shimmery too but not as powdery as Light ray.
Go try them to compare!

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88
sweetieturquatic0uz.jpg

When I saw a pic of the new Turquatic stuff, I noticed something about the eyeshadows. Reminded me of the Sweetie Cake quad lol.

Not exact, but fairly similar I think!

PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO TURQUATIC QUAD, I PHOTOSHOPPED THIS.

th_wink3.gif

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
my god, mac really needs to step things up. i feel like everything they've released this year has been unoriginal, and similar to several other things they've released in the past. even the new pigments were nothing special, and self-admittedly could be created by mixing old pigments together. these shadows are nothing new, which i suppose is good, since it'll mean i spend less money. sigh. hopefully. stuff from a muse and later lines will be better. i have some moderate hopes for the fall stuff, hopefully it won't disappoint like everything has since culturebloom.

and a big LOL to having to edit in that you made that quad in photoshop. i'd laugh if a widespread panic was caused by those looking for the 'turquatic' quad. hah.

I've thought to myself that it seems like most of what they've had for a long time now is just tons of frosty teal-ish or pink/purple shades, and a lot seem similar. But I guess even with all the choices, people are still wanting Parrot so badly, if that's the color "family" and type of shadows desired by the majority of customers out there, that's what we're going to see the most of. I know that for myself, I'm pretty well stocked with plenty of teal/purple/pinks. I would like to see more sort of clay colors with less frost, and I'm looking forward to a few LE shades coming up that sound like what I'm wanting to see happen.

(Bella, I love your icon....I took my nieces to that movie yesterday and I can't quit raving about how great it was!!!)