Something I noticed about the Turquatic eyeshadows...

allan_willb

omg thats nuts!I really should be like...ughhhh too soft NEXT collection...but i must get it i must i must.

It's all about the fall I'm telling you guys!

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbismuth9
I got all of them -at the Mac Pro- and I don't think that they look the same at all...
It's hard to tell on a computer as there are not so many colors on a computer due to the resolution sometimes...
But just by looking at the picture, it's obvious that the 2 bottom ones are very different.
The left top, Light ray, looks a lot different once you apply it: it is so shimmery, a bit like Prismique, but not the same color, more yellow, very much like a powder in terms of constitency though.
Pink Source is very pretty! A very soft shade, very shimmery too but not as powdery as Light ray.
Go try them to compare!

As I've said several times, I KNOW they're not going to be exactly the same. The finishes, tones etc. are going to be different. But to release a quad with ANY shade of teal, purple, pink & pale pinky/white is too similar to Sweetie Cake in my opinion!

Plus, I'm still getting them. Any difference is difference enough for me to need both lots (I don't even have the Sweetie Cake quad), I was simply noting an observation.

as_cute_as_pie

i know what u mean
smiles.gif

like similar colours ok you can get different hues bt the comparison is pretty simliar like a blue, a pink and a beigy
tong.gif

Marcita

There aren't any new colors in the world therefore they have to just do variations of existing ones. They change the finish or the pearl.

I can't wait to see them. I hear the pink is the prettiest.

sarzio

I wish they would make some more non pro bright colours... I really like the bottom two colours in the "quad" :p

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
where are they currently available?

They haven't been released yet.

capspock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
my god, mac really needs to step things up. i feel like everything they've released this year has been unoriginal, and similar to several other things they've released in the past. even the new pigments were nothing special, and self-admittedly could be created by mixing old pigments together. these shadows are nothing new, which i suppose is good, since it'll mean i spend less money. sigh. hopefully. stuff from a muse and later lines will be better. i have some moderate hopes for the fall stuff, hopefully it won't disappoint like everything has since culturebloom.

and a big LOL to having to edit in that you made that quad in photoshop. i'd laugh if a widespread panic was caused by those looking for the 'turquatic' quad. hah.

I totally agree with this. Even if they aren't exactly the same, MAC IS releasing WAY too similar colors.