Spinoff thread: What are your top/favorite drugstore finds for WoC?

shoppingisme

wet n' wild eyeliners. they are cheap and WORK. they also have really nice colors.

malani eyeshadows

loreal foundation - when i'm in the mood for a liquid

rimmel polish and eye colors

elektra513

Rimmel liners
Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara
Loreal Colour Juice (I think I am subconsciously collecting these...lol)
Ardell Lashes

Hair:
Anything by Herbal Essences or Garnier!

Morganite

I have so many.....I don't know where to start

Makeup

Loreal Color juices- I really like Cherry on Top, Tutti Frutti, Iced Latte, and Caramel Cream; they have a nice non-sticky feel, nice color payoff and you can't beat the prices when you have them on sales

Milani Color Brillance Eyepencils- I have this in purple, green and aqua; very bright vibrant colors, I love the purple with MAC coppering eyeshadow

Loreal Hip eye shadow duos- I love reckless, adventurous, Flare, and sassy

Milani single eyeshadow- many of the colors are comparable to MAC. Flare, storm, antique gold, spice, java bean, shock and rich chocolate

Maybelline Shiny-Licious lipglosses- These have a built in applicators which are nice. Caramella is a very nice shimmery coffee color and Grapeful is fun shimmery purple.

Covergirl Queen collection- The only drugstore product that I have found that perfectly matches my skin. I am a spicy brown, I buy the powder foundation.

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara- volume without clumping...what more could you want? This is the one in the pink tube

Sally Hansen LipInflation- simple, cheap lip plumping gloss

Hair

Herbal Essences Conditioners- These are great for co-washing or for a final detangling rinse...I love Breaks over, Long Term Relationship, None of your Frizziness, Dangerously Straight

Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing pack- Great conditioner, consistently out performs more pricey products

Pantene Relaxed and Natural breakage defense mask- love this stuff, great deal

MsButterfli

loreal HiP shadows, crayons and foundation
milani singles and lipglosses
Black Radiance foundation sticks
clean and clear 3 step acne kit
sonia kashuk brushes
cover girl lash blast mascara
wet n wild h20 liquid liner
ELF 4 pan palettes with the mirror in the lid (we got em in this 99 cent store called Jack's here in NY)

dazzle

I love revlon lipglosses ( nude lustre and glossy rose are georgous on woc). I am also a sucker for neutrogena exfoliating wash.

ohsoshy

Rimmel Lip Vinyl
Cover Girl Lash Blast & Lash Exact
Wet n Wild Liquid Eyeliner
Milani Brow Fix, lipgloss, blush, eyeshadow
Befine
ORS
Herbal Essences Conditioners
Pantene Conditioners
Suave Clarifying Shampoo
Ambi Exfoiliating Wash
and plenty more...

Yeah I'm a drugstore whore
lol.gif

BlaqueBarbie

The whole hip collection especiall the concentrated shadow duo and cream eyeliners

Maybelline Dream matte mousse foundation
Revlon golden affair blushes
Black Radiance blushes

sometimes they carry Stargazer shadows

rutledgekl

black opal foundation:suede mocha
maybelline mascara;very black(pink/green bottle)
cover girl shadow;mink(very pretty highlighter)
loreal;nudey pink lip gloss
milani eye shadows
maybelline eyebrow pencil;dark brown
cover girl bronzer;copper radiance
covergirl spritzers

doomkitteh

Sleek is great, and has so many shades for women of colour. I have the creme to powder foundation in Latte.

I don't really like their powder blush though, it's highly pigmented but is too 'sticky' to sheer out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Sleek foundations but they're only in the UK

missfaithy

The following are my personal faves (part of my everyday routine/look).

Cosmetics:

- Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips (Sunset Strip)
- Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara (Rich Black, non-waterproof formula)
- Max Factor Clear Mascara

Skincare:
- Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes (generic Wal-Mart brand)
- Target Facial Cleansing Towelettes
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Exfoliating Scrub
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
- Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream
- AMBI Skincare Even & Clear Exfoliating Wash

Hair:
- Dove go fresh Therapy Energize Shampoo & Conditioner
- TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Shampoo & Conditioner
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray
- TRESemme TRES TWO Extra Hold Hair Spray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Me either. And a lot of drug store stuff isn't even that cheap. If I am going to pay $8 for drugstore mascara, why not just get the quality stuff $14? Regardless I am intrigued by this thread although I never see anything I want or anything that's not close to something I already have in the drug store.

I would agree. I usually only buy drugstore items when I catch them on BOGO unless they're only a few dollars regular price.

Some things I like:

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, HIP Shadow duos
Black Radiance - Blushes
Milani - Eyeshadows
Revlon - Lip Gloss
Rimmel - Lipstick and Gloss
Neutrogena - Visibly Even Line - This is the only thing I use on my skin.
Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa and Shea Body Butter - Love this stuff!!!

Makeup:
*Milani: single eyeshadows (old school) and the eyeshadow quads
*Loreal: the whole HIP line except the the pigments and I never tried the foundations. The Color Juice glosses are my staple especially the clear one and Rasberry Smash (perfect non-sparkly gloss for red lipsticks or by itself is breath-taking)
*NYC: Liquid eyeliner. It last all day and didn't smudge on me.
*Black Radiance: lipliners and pressed powder in Honey Amber (a dupe for MAC Deep Dark pressed blot powder but a lil darker but not that much)
*Nyx: Liglosses, jumbo pencils (great e/s bases), lipsticks, and eyeshadows. The blushes look interesting.

Skincare:
*Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub (when I used to live in the dorms at college a roommate that wasn't too fond of me was talking smack about me and I over heard her say that I wear foundation. I wasn't wearing foundation back then. The only thing I was using was the scrub lol. I stoped using it for some while and after a recent outbreak that left my face looking uneven I ran got this baby back!!! I want my skin to glow naturally without makeup like my avator pic of me when I was using this religiously)
*St. Ives exfoliating scrub for blackheads and acne (back up to Aveeno's scrub but it's not better than Aveeno's but great for $4)
*Witch Hazel (the main ingredient in most high end toners)

Hair:
*Creme of nature (old formula, pissed that the new formula got sulfates in it now)
*Nexxus Humtress (best conditioner out hands down!)

SepiaRose

Makeup:

Covergirl Perfect Point eyeliner! It's been my Holy Grail of eyeliners for years now.
th_worship.gif

Covergirl lipstick in French Toast, a perfect neutral pink/brown for everyday.

Covergirl super thick lash mascara.

Wet n Wild Sand Castle eyeshadow palette. I was so surprised and impressed with these shades.

Hair:

Garnier Fructis long & strong conditioner.
Giovanni Triple Threat Tea Tree shampoo.

Skincare:

Cetaphil cleansing bar.
Aveeno active naturals oatmeal lotion. LOOOOVE this lotion! Turns my skin into butta.

LatinaRose

To the OP - I'm surprised Pantene works so well for you! I hated it and found it to be the worst of drugstore haircare. Funny how some things work completely different on different people.

Here are mine:

-NYX shadows, lip pencils (I prefer their lip pencils to MAC at this point! So nice), jumbo sticks, Megashine glosses and that's all I've tried. I'm sure I'll like more in the future.
-Loreal Voluminous mascara (duh)
-Marcelle (canadian brand) tinted moisturizer
-Prestige waterproof liners
-Bonne Bell Liplites glosses (esp Mocha Mousse!)
-Ardell lashes
-Duo glue
-Clean & Clear Morning Burst Cleanser, the green one (for some reason, this cheap line has given me awesome skin. Score!)

For haircare, I really like Sally Hershberger Shagg Spray. It gives texture and piecey-ness w/o being stiff or sticky. Breaks up that perfect hair look. I don't use much drugstore hair care, I process it too much.

yummy411

COVERGIRL Queen Collection Mineral Bronzers!!!!!!!! LOVE!!

loreal voluminous carbon black, milani and hip shadows, hip pigments and gel liners, black radiance luminous lotions (liquid bronzer), black opal concealers

i use the ambi complexion bar and the fade cream and the daily moisturizer...thats my every day face routine. its awesome!!! the foaming cleanser jacked my face up though. i have sensitive skin, and it was too harsh. a good product, but a lil too strong for me.

MadMunky

Sleek eyeshadow pallettes - heavily pigmented so they actually show up on my eyes! The lipsticks aren't bad either. The range is aimed at WOC. Available in the UK at Superdrugs.
th_DANCE.gif

Barry M jumbo eye crayons/pencils - very soft and gorgeous
winks.gif

GOSH pencils - soft (no dragging) and vibrant

gingin501

Eyes
Loreal Decrease – Great Primer!
Shadow – Love Loreal HIP Duos!!! Love them! I love them so much that I have every last one of them! Please pick up some!
Mascara – Maybelline Lash Stiletto! *faint*
Liners – HIP Cream Liners are the TRUTH!!!! Also, I like NYX pencil liners.

Lips
Gloss – Loreal HIP gloss…..they remind me of MAC lipglass.
Liner – NYX

Face
Blush – Iman has some great blushes and bronzers!!! After Glow (the trio) is very nice!!! Sable is a must have!!!