Spooky Tales

NaomiH

A place to gather and discuss paranormal happenings, horror movies and all things that go bump in the night.

NaomiH

Yay a thread to make me want to give me nightmares! lol.

What is the old hag?
It's an occurrence where you awake and are basically paralyzed. I've heard it feels like a weight on the chest and there seems to be a sinister presence about. It's called that due to belief that it is a witch or hag sitting on your chest. I've never had it happen, but have heard it's terrifying.

Kristin Bacon

so from what i experianced and have read and seen ppl talk about on shows about spirits its basically a demon, angry spirit, or astral traveling soul. It comes to u while your sleeping and sucks your life force from u. it paralizes you and presses down on your chest. it feels like its sucking your soul and life force right from u. once it happened and i felt the room go evil feeling, from my ceiling fell a black form looking like a evil cherub. just a black outline, then it morphed into a black shadow with red eyes and horns. next thing its on me felt like i was having the life sucked out of me i couldnt move, i tried to move scream, i couldnt do anything. felt like my soul was gonna be pulled from my body. i kept fighting and finally it left. the room was normal again and as terrified as i was i was soooooooo exhausted and fell back to sleep. it has come to me again since then and later in life another one in a different form did. its very scary, u feel so helpless

Kristin Bacon

It's an occurrence where you awake and are basically paralyzed. I've heard it feels like a weight on the chest and there seems to be a sinister presence about. It's called that due to belief that it is a witch or hag sitting on your chest. I've never had it happen, but have heard it's terrifying.
it is very scary. its happened to me around ten times. when i was 23 it happened to me a lot. first week i slept at a new bf house it happended every night in bed next to him. i told him he said its just a bad dream bullshit it is lol. think i know the difference. it looked different that time tho. it was more like a evil reeper looking thing in a black smoky clock and skeletal like face with the red eyes still. kinda like the evil things in harry potter; i know that sounds stupid but thats the closest thing i ever seen to it

Kristin Bacon

tumblr_m7pof6La081qahgwao1_500.jpg

NaomiH

so from what i experianced and have read and seen ppl talk about on shows about spirits its basically a demon, angry spirit, or astral traveling soul. It comes to u while your sleeping and sucks your life force from u. it paralizes you and presses down on your chest. it feels like its sucking your soul and life force right from u. once it happened and i felt the room go evil feeling, from my ceiling fell a black form looking like a evil cherub. just a black outline, then it morphed into a black shadow with red eyes and horns. next thing its on me felt like i was having the life sucked out of me i couldnt move, i tried to move scream, i couldnt do anything. felt like my soul was gonna be pulled from my body. i kept fighting and finally it left. the room was normal again and as terrified as i was i was soooooooo exhausted and fell back to sleep. it has come to me again since then and later in life another one in a different form did. its very scary, u feel so helpless
Oh damn!

Kristin Bacon

ppl look at me like im totally nuts when i tell them those stories. on celebrity ghost stories a chick who was on baywatch had this happen to her. i have since read books on it and seen many shows were others talk about it. in the south they have called it skin stealers since slave times. i think it was on haunted highway they talked about that. they believed that it was a live persons soul coming to you at night and stealing your life force hence the name. the africans named it that. so its been a belief for a long time

Kristin Bacon

I love that painting its so pretty. and i love that it shows the creepy thing its a good way to show what the old hag is. altho the first one to haunt me was not a female demon rather a male. the second was so creepy there was no telling a sex. just evil.

OctoberViolet

Wow! Loving the photos. I actually go into very deep sleeps where it feels like I can't open my eyes. I'm fighting with myself or against something else that seems to be holding me down and when I do open my eyes, it's like I'm still sleeping and somewhere other than my bedroom. Then my alarm clock goes off and I am actually awake. Scariest part is I remember everything and swear throughout the day someone or something has been following me and watching me. Has this happened to anyone else?
th_crazy2.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'll be joining this thread just to hear stories!
Me too :)
I love scary movies, documetaries, etc, but I'm not sure if I believe in these kind of things in real life. I t really creeps me out, so I always try to find a rational explanation.