spring trend lip and eye palette (2013)

aradhana

Since we can access Pro thru the regular site now, I am wanting all of these palettes, esp. the eyeshadow one. I am fearing the cream e/s will be creasing too much on my oily (and wrinkly) lids. And I am overwhelmed by the lip palettes. I love all of them, and cannot decide which ones to get. Want all of them, cannot afford all, cannot decide so no order yet.
i just received my eye palette today. i'm going to test the shadows tomorrow -- i also have oily lids so we'll see how it goes...the eyeshadows have an interesting finish when swatched on the arm. they're a little less emollient than a paint pot, and they seem to set almost immediately. it'd be nice if they work that way on my lids, but somehow i am doubtful....

martiangurll

i just received my eye palette today. i'm going to test the shadows tomorrow -- i also have oily lids so we'll see how it goes...the eyeshadows have an interesting finish when swatched on the arm. they're a little less emollient than a paint pot, and they seem to set almost immediately. it'd be nice if they work that way on my lids, but somehow i am doubtful....
I will be anxiously anticipating your review!

aradhana

I will be anxiously anticipating your review!
so yesterday i wore must have brown with top soil in the outer v (over two faced shadow insurance). i also wore a little bit of top soil on my lower lash line. i set the top lid with always sunny prolongwear. i liked the two colours, though it gave a VERY natural look on my skintone. i jazzed things up a little with siahi and blacktrack.... the staying power was quite good -- probably something like 8 hours, with very minimal creasing. and what i was left with at the end of the day was very nice -- only looked slightly 'lived in', which i prefer to having my makeup look made up.

today i tried april mist, and set it with aquavert. not the same result whatsoever! creased within minutes....so i'm thinking the key for me was the prolongwear. unfortunately i don't have a mint or mustard one....so i guess i will try these next with translucent powder to set....

one thing however is that the shades are pretty but definitely feel more appropriate for spring!

Latest posts