stila at Target?

Ethel

Abandoning a brand because it's being sold in Target is silly. It's the same product, same look, etc.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
we all see Stila thrown into a sad little bucket at TJ Maxx.... whats so bad about Target? Target to me is the Neiman Marcus of superstores. LOVE target.

Ermmmm... I didn't know Stila was sold there
ssad.gif

santra2

I'm not surprised. I saw Stila last weekend at The Limited of all places. Holiday stuff. I abandoned the line when EL bought them years ago. I really miss the line. The concept was so adorable and the quality to die for. Now, it's just okay (for me). I can't wear it because I compare pre-EL and post-EL Stila.

Pixygirl

Quote:
it makes me unhappy to think stila may be found at Target.

I would abandon the brand altogether if Wal-Mart ever came into the picture.

WOW, if it was the Same brand and the same great product you loved would you really abandon it just beacasue it was sold in a non mall department store?

I hope Target did contract with them, target could use a boost in its cosmetic department and im sure a big contract with them is just what stilla needs to keep from going under.
yes.gif
i'll let you know if I see any in any of my stores down here.

*Stargazer*

Strangely enough, I purchased a bottle of Stila moisturizer at Costco last week. Shocked the hell out of me to see it there.

athena123

Hmmm, I find great skincare products at TJMaxx. Does that make the products any less great because I find them at a discount store and save a lot of $$? Hardly. I don't understand why some peeps would turn up their noses to find their favorite makeup at Target. The product is still the same but you're saving a little money and while you're at it, you can pick up the cleaning supplies, toilet paper and laundry soap. I'm all for saving time AND $$!

Beauty Mark

Would we honestly save money from Stila being sold at Target? I can't imagine them lowering the price. IIRC, brands like Clinique are the same price regardless of where they're sold

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
Strangely enough, I purchased a bottle of Stila moisturizer at Costco last week. Shocked the hell out of me to see it there.

I've seen Smashbox, Lancome, and Shiseido at Costco. I didn't think much of it. It was still expensive as heck; I don't see why people would buy it there when they can go get it somewhere where an SA can help them more personally.

rbella

I don't really see what the big deal is. Yes, it might take away from the "higher end" feeling of the makeup, but, does that keep anyone from buying temperly, alice & olivia, hollywould or any of the other featured name brand fashion designers? No, it doesn't. Targets prices have increased dramatically over the years across the board. I no longer look at them as some sort of "bargain superstore". The bargains are lone gone in my opinion. That being said, if I happened to be stopping by and saw some Stila in the makeup section, if I needed it, I would buy it.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Would we honestly save money from Stila being sold at Target? I can't imagine them lowering the price. IIRC, brands like Clinique are the same price regardless of where they're sold

That was what was so weird about it. I picked up a bottle of Petal Infusions, which I think retails for 30 bucks, for 4.99.

Janice

Quote:
That was what was so weird about it. I picked up a bottle of Petal Infusions, which I think retails for 30 bucks, for 4.99.

I *think* that there is still alot of EL stock of Stila out and about. They're probably doing what they can to liquidate it by selling to wholesale distributors. I know my local CCO (EL owned) still has Stila on the shelf in an attempt to liquidate their remaining stock and it's been almost 2 years since the brand was sold.

Stila is reshaping their brand and like any business trying to reestablish themselves in the market need to find new distribution channels. My ULTA circular this week had Stila on the cover announcing the brands availability through them now. Awesome! Good for Stila, I love the brand no matter where they sell it, the quality is the same and won't be compromised or changed just because it's not sold in a dept store anymore.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I love the brand no matter where they sell it, the quality is the same and won't be compromised or changed just because it's not sold in a dept store anymore.

Absolutely. The attitude that someone won't buy it if Walmart sells it is so sad and seems elitist.

I'll buy a good product wherever I can get it as long as it is being retailed ethically.

lainetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra2
I'm not surprised. I saw Stila last weekend at The Limited of all places. Holiday stuff. I abandoned the line when EL bought them years ago. I really miss the line. The concept was so adorable and the quality to die for. Now, it's just okay (for me). I can't wear it because I compare pre-EL and post-EL Stila.

Santra, see Janice's posts above. Apparently Stila has gone private again.

As for Target, I do buy some stuff from there, mostly Neutrogena skin care. They are the best of the discounters, IMO. I would definitely draw the line at K-Mart or WalMart, though! Not just out of snobbery, though: All the K-Marts in my area are dreadful, and I disapprove of WalMart's business practices.

And yes, Stila is being carried at Ulta, now, too. And they have a special "Best of Stila" package for $40.
Cosmetics, Fragrances, and Beauty Gifts at Ulta.com

Kuuipo

Quote:
Absolutely. The attitude that someone won't buy it if Walmart sells it is so sad and seems elitist.

I'll buy a good product wherever I can get it as long as it is being retailed ethically.

I think that is sad.... KMart and WalMart are just so....American, you know? Its like you totally trust them. I shop at Walmart. I've shopped at K Mart religiously when I lived near them. They have quality products, they have some really good employees. If we had a Target in Hawaii, I'd shop there too.

SlimSugar

Thats stilly to me, for all the ladies that say they would abandon what they like because its being sold at a store other than their manufacturer. Thats like saying I wont buy MAC because its being sold at MACYS. It's more convenient for these products to be sold in stores that people frequent for other things other than makeup.

iheartcolor

Quote:

This may be the exact reason why some refuse to shop at Wal-Mart. That company is viewed as unethical in many a persons eyes.

-Lauren

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcolor
This may be the exact reason why some refuse to shop at Wal-Mart. That company is viewed as unethical in many a persons eyes.

-Lauren

I mean ethically as in not black market. I am not on the Walmart is Evil bandwagon.