Stolen pics on MySpace

Janice

If you can get an IP from myspace on the person who made that profile I can run it on specktra and see who it matches. Or if you know who it is lemme know so I can ban them from viewing the forum.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by msthrope
how low can a person go seriously?!?

whatever you did worked. the pics are down now!!!

Yup, it's a good thing!

I wrote a message to the webmaster... and wrote a letter where she uploaded her (well, my) pics.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
If you can get an IP from myspace on the person who made that profile I can run it on specktra and see who it matches. Or if you know who it is lemme know so I can ban them from viewing the forum.

How can I get an IP??

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrangie
Well, I can kinda see where someone would wanna do that.. I mean, come on! Who WOULDN'T want to look like PrettyKitty?

hehe. It's still really creepy that people do that though.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa I seeee.... it was you???

LOL just kidding.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
How can I get an IP??

You would have to ask the administrator of the website for it.

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
You would have to ask the administrator of the website for it.

Exactly. Just write the same places you wrote before, and tell them you would like to have their IP, so you can report them to their ISP. THen just give it to Janice instead
winks.gif

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
Exactly. Just write the same places you wrote before, and tell them you would like to have their IP, so you can report them to their ISP. THen just give it to Janice instead
winks.gif

Their ISP? What's a ISP?

blueyedlady87

Congrats!! I would definetely take Janice's advice. There are so many beautiful gals here on Specktra and I'd hate to see anyone else go through what you had to.

Pink_minx

well thanks to whoever, cause her profile is gone! yay! maybe we should all put an ID or something on all our pictures to be extra safe this time!

Scrangie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Haaaaaaaaaaaa I seeee.... it was you???

LOL just kidding.

Hahaha. Well, I must admit, I HAVE pretended to be someone else before. When people used to call my house, they'd say that I sounded exactly like my mom.

So one day, when my teacher called, she didn't even ask if my mom was there... She thought I was her! So I went along with it and my mom never heard about me sleeping through Advanced Placement History....

LOL but that's still quite a bit different.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Hahaha. Well, I must admit, I HAVE pretended to be someone else before. When people used to call my house, they'd say that I sounded exactly like my mom.

So one day, when my teacher called, she didn't even ask if my mom was there... She thought I was her! So I went along with it and my mom never heard about me sleeping through Advanced Placement History....

Lol! Yeah, I used to put on a Hispanic accent and call and clear my boyfriends (now ex) absences when we used to ditch together. Memories!

Katt

I think it's awful to steal someone's identity.

Does the REAL PrettyKitty still have a MySpace?

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:

That same exact thing happened to me,. It was awesome!!! The Teacher called and Thought I was my mom. so I played along without even thinking twice. .. ahh good times

Katura

I've had this happen to me on too many websitse, on too many occassions. (Doesn't seem like I've learned much from it because I still post pictures up freely here and on myspace...etc.) But I've gone straight to site admin's letting them know the problame sending them a picture including me and my ID for the site. I've had three different myspaces set up with my pictures...a couple on modelplace....blah blah blah.

I mean, its really creepy, and COMPLETELY misleading, and total theft...but in some weired sick twisted way I supposed some people would see it as flattery.

How annoying.

Hope you can fix it ASAP!

Raerae

Once you post it, you forever lose control. Simply put, if your worried about whats going to happen to your photo's, dont post them.

You'd be amazed where your photo's end up, BEYOND just people posting them on other makeup/modeling sites.

Immature boys + photoshop + your photo = situation to be avoided. lol...

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae

yikes! I can see where that could turn sour..

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae

oh I've seen this happen...first hand with a couple of mine and other peoples pictures. not good at all...