• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

"Summertime girls got it goin' on" Tutorial! ((PIC HEAVY))

kattybadatty

With all this cold weather upon us, I decided to make a tutorial on one of my FAVE summer looks! (Only a couple months away, right?!!) So here goes Tutorial Part Deux....

Start with a CLEAN FACE!
DSCI0002-2.jpg

First, I started with putting MAC Oil Control Lotion over the entire face.
DSCI0004-2.jpg

Apply with fingers, in circular motion.
DSCI0005-1.jpg

Next, I dabbed a bit of Smashbox Photo Finish on my cheeks, under my eyes, and on my forehead.
DSCI0006-1.jpg

Again, apply in circular motion.
DSCI0007.jpg

Because I have excema(sp) I put Maybelline color corrector on my cheeks, aside my nose, and over a scar I have, to get rid of redness.
DSCI0008-1.jpg

(I'm a monster! ahhhh)
DSCI0009-1.jpg

Next, I applied Select SPF 15 in NC 37 all over the face, down to the collar bone, with MAC's 190SE brush.
DSCI0010-1.jpg

DSCI0011-1.jpg

Concealor comes next. I put a little bit of MAC select cover-up in NC 30 under my eyes, above my eyes, a little on my cheeks, and on my lips, with MAC's 242SE brush.
DSCI0012.jpg

DSCI0014.jpg

DSCI0015-1.jpg

This is how scary I look! I look like a corpse.....eep!

Then I apply MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC 40 with MAC's 134 brush all over the face and neck for even coverage.
DSCI0016.jpg

DSCI0017.jpg

Eyebrows. I apply MAC's Brow Shader in Buttery/Blonde Taupe over the entire eyebrow, giving a nice arch and shape. I use a smashbox liner brush for this.
DSCI0020.jpg

DSCI0021.jpg

This is what it should look like so far....
DSCI0022-1.jpg

Then, I apply a dab of Bare Canvas paint on each eye and blend with my fingertip.
DSCI0023-1.jpg

DSCI0024.jpg

Now for Color!
I put a little Aquadisiac on my inner corner and lid. Don't put too much, this is just to get the color started!
DSCI0025.jpg

Next, I added Electric Eel to the center of the lid and a little above, with Smashbox #26 brush. Apply a decent amount of this, but do NOT blend yet!
DSCI0026-1.jpg

DSCI0027-1.jpg

This is how it should loook....
DSCI0028-1.jpg

Finally, I put Blue Storm on the outer crease and lid, with Sephora's blending brush. This adds the darkness that gives the eye depth and shape.
DSCI0030-1.jpg

DSCI0031.jpg

Now, using MAC's 224SE brush, I blended all the colors together. I added a little more Electric Eel to the middle for a brighter effect.
DSCI0032.jpg

Next, Liner. Apply a small amount of MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline to the line of the eye, and wing outward. Try not to put TOO much on, so you do not take away from the color and blending technique.
DSCI0033-1.jpg

DSCI0034.jpg

Apply a small amount of Electric Eel underneath the eye, for a smoky/bluuuuue effect. I used a sephora liner/brow brush.
DSCI0035-1.jpg

Now, apply fluidline under the eye.

Apply Smashbox's Bronzer/Contour to the cheekbones, sides of the nose, temples, chin, and jawline. This will minimize double-chins, and give you a sun-kissed look! I use a kabuki brush for this: it blends well
smiles.gif

DSCI0036-2.jpg

DSCI0037.jpg

Then, With any standard blush brush, apply Revlon's Golden Affair #435 to the apples of the cheek, drawing upward toward the hairline. Apply on temples, aside nose, and under chin.
DSCI0039.jpg

DSCI0040.jpg

You're looking TANNER already!
yahoo.gif

Now, for the sun-kissed GLOWING look, apply a small amount of L'Oreal Glam Bronze right under the eyes/above the cheek bones, on the temples, and on the nose going upward toward the forehead. This will definitely highlight your bone structure, and give you the "just-came-from-the-beach" look we all want this time of year! ( atleast us on the East coast!
winks.gif
)
DSCI0041-1.jpg

DSCI0042-1.jpg

To finish the eyes, first, curl baby, curl!
DSCI0043.jpg

Then, apply a decent amount of Maybelline New York Intense XXL mascara in Very Black to the upper and lower lashes.
DSCI0044-1.jpg

Now, apply MAC's lip pencil in Spice. Make sure to make the line thin, and natural looking.
DSCI0045-1.jpg

Using smashbox's Perfect Pout pallet, apply over the entire lip.
DSCI0046.jpg

DSCI0048.jpg

We're done! GO out there and let everyone be jealous of your sun-kissed cheeks and sultry lips
winks.gif
th_DANCE.gif

DSCI0049.jpg

DSCI0050.jpg

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

glam8babe

WOW!! i absolutly love this look and the tutorial is amazing and very detailed
smiles.gif
i cant wait to see more tuts from you x

dollbaby

Thanks so much! You are so beautiful! I can't wait for more! I'm definatly gonna try this! Thanks hunnieee!!

kattybadatty

yay! I'm so glad everyone is enjoying these - any further suggestions? Does anyone know if I'm allowed to submit more than one tutorial into contests?

QTAllStarGurl

Hoooottt!!!! oh nd since you asked im pretty sure you can only have one tutorial in the contest at a time...but this is super hotttt lol

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattybadatty
yay! I'm so glad everyone is enjoying these - any further suggestions? Does anyone know if I'm allowed to submit more than one tutorial into contests?

Yes, one per month.

This tut is gorgeous! I love it.

Austrian_Babe

Amazing tutorial!!! I´m so jealous of your clear skin and the shape of your eyes. It´s not hard looking sexy with those eyes and full lips of yours. Damn woman, and your makeup skills rock!
Please keep doing more tuts!