• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Surreal Crystallization

theleopardcake

Nice title, eh?
So totally original, right?

Bleh.

Here is another tutorial! Crazy, ain't it?

Okay, i'll stop with the questions.

I was actually inspired by the "cultured" look from the Strange Hybrid Collection!

PRODUCTS-
ALL MAC
- crystal e/s
- surreal e/s
- nylon e/s
- parfait amour e/s
- zeal e/s
- trax e/s
- dipdown f/l
- hug me l/s
- jellybabe l/g

Here we go:

A rough diagram:

p1270203fk6.jpg

Nakie face:

p1270205wc3.jpg

Apply your choice of foundation (i use Bare Minerals in Medium Tan) and then prepare your lids for crystallization!!!!!!!! (Urban Decay Primer Potion)

p1270209sb0.jpg

Spread it out, blend it up, look like this, but NOT as haggard:

p1270210vt2.jpg

I liketo apply my highlight first. Here is nylon eyeshadow:

p1270211zw2.jpg

So, Nylon is pretty much camera shy:

p1270212cz6.jpg

Crystallize your entire lids (with Crystal eyeshadow of course)

p1270215wq6.jpg

Blend:

p1270217in0.jpg

Zeal eyeshadow goes in the middle of your lids (it's from the Technacolour Collection from the summer of 2007. I can't think of a similar shade, but I think Creme De Violet will do)

p1270218li2.jpg

Blend it evenly, getting rid of harsh lines:

p1270225px5.jpg

Trax is a beauty. Apply it to your outer corners:

p1270223vg8.jpg

Now, bring the color into the middle of your lids and blend. Blend it in a rainbow-esque manner (are you enjoying my dumb little commentaries?)

p1270225yv5.jpg

Now apply Surreal (again, what a corny name) eyeshadow to your inner corners/tear ducts as so:

p1270226fs9.jpg

Blend it into Zeal and Crystal. It should look like this:

p1270227za7.jpg

Apply Parfait Amour wet onto the bottom lashline (next to Surreal):

p1270229fs4.jpg

Let's add some more Surreal next to Parfait Amour (so in a sense, your lower lashline will have a train: Surreal, Parfait Amour, Surreal...):

p1270231bi0.jpg

When blended, it should look like this. Disregard the dazed expression:

p1270232oo7.jpg

Eyeliner. I hate it. Why? I suck at applying it.

p1270233jq3.jpg

Sigh, this is the best i could do:

p1270235kc6.jpg

FALSIES FUN! My eyes are uneven, oh joy. They may look a bit deranged:

p1270237cz9.jpg

Apply a soft-coloured blush, to bring attention to your EYES, not your cheeks. I used NARS orgasm's DUPE, Luminous, by Milani:

p1270238re4.jpg

Look at you...err me:

p1270240uj9.jpg

Now, use a soft, neutral lip color again. I used Hug Me. It's so pretty. I've already fallen in love with it. Multiple times. Believe me. It's possible.

p1270241fd2.jpg

Apply a clear or another color similar to Hug Me (or your lipstick). I used Jellybabe lipgelee:

p1270243pm6.jpg

NOW SHINE.

p1270245nr5.jpg

p1270249yq0.jpg

p1270250px8.jpg

p1270260km5.jpg

p1270264lt4.jpg

p1270277ny9.jpg

hahahahahahahahaahhahhahahahahaha

p1270292sh8.jpg

mystikgarden

This is so soft and pretty! Very spring/summer like it gives me ideas...I never use colors like this and that l/g is amazing...hottness!!

makeupgal

Love this color combo. The lashes made all the difference in the world. And BTW, I think you did a great job with your eye lining.

rosquared

your features are amazing. you have this classic/mannequin look to you. i love it! thanks for the tut!

mzreyes

gorgeous!! what lashes are those? please say they were cheap, I hate buying expensive falsies. hahahah!!

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
I love this, it's so soft and pretty. And you've just convinced me to buy Jellybabe..

thanks yay! i LOVE jellybabe

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzreyes
gorgeous!! what lashes are those? please say they were cheap, I hate buying expensive falsies. hahahah!!

they WERE! i hate expensive falsies too lol
they're from NYC, only like $2

yummy411

hi! gorgeous! great tut! do you remember which nyc lashes you used? thanks for introducing me to milani's luminous! cool!
clap.gif