The 187 vs 188 ?

Desigirl

Hi,
I need some help in deciding which brush to go for. I want a brush that I can use for blush and foundation application. I'm torn between the 187and the 188. I think the 188 might be better for applying blush, but I'm not sure how good it would be for foundation application?

CandaceM

I think the 188 would be to small for foundation application. Much better for blush or highlighters, IMO. I think you need both. :)

MACGoddess

If you really want ONE brush to do both I would say to go for the 187 bc it is going to be big enough for foundation. The 188 is going to be too small.

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I agree with the Goddess.

Oohhh...I LIKE that name... ;-)

But you guys can call me Leila.

bellaetoile

i'd say the 187, because it's size is just so versatile. the 188 seemed cute, but if you must have a smaller stippling brush as well, you can get the flirt skunk brush. i know there is no comparison in quality, but i think the bigger size is more useful, and a better buy, overall, for your money. you can do foundation, bronzer, blush, MSFs, anything with the 187, the 188 seems a bit more limiting.

Desigirl

Thanks everyone. The 187 it is! Do you think it's worth buying the Holiday set with the 187 in it, or should I just get the fullsize one?

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
If you really want ONE brush to do both I would say to go for the 187 bc it is going to be big enough for foundation. The 188 is going to be too small.

I so agree!. i realy wanted that brush just for the having lol but i saw it yesterday in person and tought... nope!.
It's way to smal for foundation but maybe great for other things.
smiles.gif

toby1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desigirl
Thanks everyone. The 187 it is! Do you think it's worth buying the Holiday set with the 187 in it, or should I just get the fullsize one?

Get the full size one I haven't received my set yet but everyone seems to think the quality just isn't the same for the mini

princess

I am trying to decide on whether to get the 187 or 188 brush, will mostly use it for blush and MSF. Which will be a better choice?

How do you use the 187 with liquid foundation?
hmm.gif

redambition

princess: for foundation i use it this way...

i put a single pump of foundation onto my mixing palette (a sample tile from a tiling place
graucho.gif
) if you don't have a pump top bottle, then a small amount... say about a pea size? you can always put more on the palette if you need to. then i lightly dab the 187 in it, then swoosh it around on clean bit of tile to distribute the product evenly and make sure i don't have too much on the brush.

i then put a few strokes of foundation on my face (i do one section at a time, so forehead first), then buff it in a circular motion until it looks smooth and neat and blended. continue on the rest of your face, blending into where you've already applied as well.

it takes a bit longer than sponging it on, but the results are worth it.

the 187 also works really well if you want to apply studio tech sheerly to get more of a light, liquid-like coverage.

Cyanide.Candy

187 Vs 188 ?

Hey all!

So I have a 187 and love it! I'm a total convert!

However I'm thinking of getting a 188 aswell.. but the question is, do I really need it?

What do you all use your 188 for? I know some people recommend it for blush, does it work good for that?

How about using the 188 as a foundation brush - any advantages to that over the 187?

188 - what's it for?
lol.gif

MzzRach

Re: 187 Vs 188 ?

The 188's brush head is a lot smaller than the 187, so it's good for applications where you do not want to cover larger areas. I use my 188 for both powder and cream blush, it works wonderfully.

It's also good for foundation if you find the 187 too large. The 188 is good for getting into the smaller portions of the face (around nose, eyes).

xxManBeaterxx

I just squish the bristles of the 187 a little and it becomes a 188, i do it when i need more coverage, around my hard to get nose area, and i squish the bristles a little when i apply blush.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
The 188's brush head is a lot smaller than the 187, so it's good for applications where you do not want to cover larger areas. I use my 188 for both powder and cream blush, it works wonderfully.

It's also good for foundation if you find the 187 too large. The 188 is good for getting into the smaller portions of the face (around nose, eyes).

I agree, the 188 gives a more precise application and can get into the nooks and crannies on your face much better than a 187 since it larger.

I think if you had the money to spend, you have enough reason to get both and still get good use out of both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I just squish the bristles of the 187 a little and it becomes a 188, i do it when i need more coverage, around my hard to get nose area, and i squish the bristles a little when i apply blush.

This is a good way to cheap it out if you don't have money for both of the brushes. Which is good for people like me lol.

Btw, I love your baby bump! I always found my friend's baby bumps interesting when they were pregnant.

xxManBeaterxx

^^

Meh im only 6 months along and I ALREADY LOOK LIKE THAT. I was that big when i was 9 months pregnant with ONE. But i am due to give birth between the last week of may to early june which is 2 months away.. I want them out of me, please! I've been getting massive migraines (i dont want to take pain relief) and i'm having difficultly breathing D:! Oh and i gained 25 pounds
ssad.gif
I grew some tits and ass though xD

brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
^^

Meh im only 6 months along and I ALREADY LOOK LIKE THAT. I was that big when i was 9 months pregnant with ONE. But i am due to give birth between the last week of may to early june which is 2 months away.. I want them out of me, please! I've been getting massive migraines (i dont want to take pain relief) and i'm having difficultly breathing D:! Oh and i gained 25 pounds
ssad.gif
I grew some tits and ass though xD

I have to say you look good for a girl who is having twins! Two of my Aunties got twins and they were huge! They gave birth early and they had the same problems as you. One of them gained about 100lbs total! I noticed you're from Hawaii as well YAY!

Back to the brushes. I was always debating whether I should get it or not, but I think I might just dish out the cash and get them next week. ** Got to think of a good reason to tell the BF I need this!** LOL
lol.gif