The Dewy Look

gitts

For the longest time I have been fascinated with the "dewy look". Do you think us women of colour can successfully pull this off without looking greasy in an hour? If so, what should I use?

janwa09

I think MSFs would work well to acheive a dewy look..also Benefit Moonbeam
smiles.gif

ndn-ista

I use my natural MSF in Medium-Dark and Warmed. Before I head out, I spray my face with Avian Water. You can find it at Sephora. This should let the makeup settle and give you a dewy look.

doniad101

Sure! Try using MAC Fix +, a good moisturizer and a cream highlighter or light powder highlighter such as an MSF.

MACa6325xi

I second using Studio Stick and Fix + for the dewy look. I also think using a cream blush helps too.

nooeeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts
For the longest time I have been fascinated with the "dewy look". Do you think us women of colour can successfully pull this off without looking greasy in an hour? If so, what should I use?

I love the dewey look too, a la Jennifer Lopez. She always has that healthy glow. The thing with her is she, I know she uses the DIOR pray foundation. I think Studio Powder Plus works best because it will absorb the best into oil skin if that happens to be your skin type What I so is I apply the Studio Fix Liquid with a foundation brush. Then I take a big powder brush and set it with the Studio Fix Powder plus. Then you can highlight key parts of your face with the MAC Irridescent Powder in Golden ( highlight like your cheeks, forehead, chin and nose) Not a lot just enough. Then Apply like a bit of highlight in your inner tear duct making your eyes look brighter and the whites of your eyes whiter. And a simple lipgloss will set it off. The object is to look....EFFORTLESS.....SWEETFACED....AND AWAKE.

And dont forget to prime your face.

lilchocolatema

Absolutely true. There is nothing more gorgeous than a dewy face with a soft, creamy blush. So pretty!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
I second using Studio Stick and Fix + for the dewy look. I also think using a cream blush helps too.

Babycakes

Fix + add dewiness to the skin,you could also try stobe cream or strobe liquid for a bit of luminosity to the skin,also MSFs as others have said
smiles.gif

gitts

Thanks so much. I had a look at your tutorial and it was very helpful infact went on to look at some others. Alright back on topic, I am trying not to buy too many things but from your tutorial I can see that Fix + is a must. What else is essential?

Let see what I have:
No 7 Hydroquench moisterizer (good replacement for moisture lush?)
Studio Fix
Studio Finish Concealer
Electric Coral Pigment
Acid Orange Pigment
Blunt Blush Powder
Deep Dark MSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Absolutely!!! I used to wear this quite often. I do it using Studio Tech or Stick, MSF's and Fix+. Here's a video tutorial.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
I use my natural MSF in Medium-Dark and Warmed. Before I head out, I spray my face with Avian Water. You can find it at Sephora. This should let the makeup settle and give you a dewy look.

lol you just describe my daily method...minus the warm...I change it up ...today it's "eversun" w/ honor to add more highlight.

chocolategoddes

Hell yeah we can do the dewy look. The trick is a very moisturized face, not greasy. Try creamy or gel products and an MSF. Thats how I do it!

kaneda

Quote:
Absolutely!!! I used to wear this quite often. I do it using Studio Tech or Stick, MSF's and Fix+. Here's a video tutorial.

I saw this thread and was so going to be recommend checking out the scandelous beauty video!
greengrin.gif

MAC4TV

Quote:

I googled Studio Tech one day to teach myself how to apply it. I found your blog and video...it has to be the most helpful thing ever! My Studio Tech doesn't look cakey anymore. Glad to see you again on Specktra! THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH!

User49

Try tinted moisturizer like Select Tint SPF Foundation and spray a little fix + on top. Also don't apply powder to the cheekbones x

lilchocolatema

MAC4TV- Oh wow, Google works! I'm glad that it worked out for you! Tech is such an interesting foundation and once you break it down and beat it up a bit, it's the best!!! Skin looks SO delicious.
drools.gif
But my oily skin clashes with it alot, so I only use it on my cheeks, chin and a bit on the forehead.

Gitts-The equation, IMO is Thick, super hydrating moisturizer + creamy foundation + fix+ (or another type of spray hydrant) = dewy skin! I also did a tutorial with studio stick foundation awhile ago that gave me similar results. Studio stick was my FAVE foundation for YEARS until I used Fix Fluid, which is now my SUPERFAVE!

Kaneda-Good looking out hon!!!

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
MSF Warmed does it for me.

what do you use to apply the MSF? and in which areas?

TIA

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
what do you use to apply the MSF? and in which areas?

TIA

Any angled powder/blush brush and I apply it above the apple of my cheeks to highlight AFTER I apply the blush of choice.