The *Friend*

chocolategoddes

^^^ Haha! My mom is "the friend"! She's like an NW55 and I'm an NC50 and I made the mistake of dragging her over to MAC to show her how awesome it is and why I blow my allowance money there. One MA was helping me find some foundation and we tried two shades. One that was yellowy and one that was red. I guess since my mom has red undertones she expected me to buy the red one and the MA and I were like " no, the NC50 looks WAY better". But my mom continued to insist that I should get the red looking one so it'll bring "life to my skin." This went on for about 5 minutes and I could tell my mom was getting defensive and the MA was getting frustrated. Eventually I got my NC50 and my mom was grumbling about how I was going to look sallow in my foundation.
I usually don't bring my friends with me to a makeup store when I intend on buying anything because I know they don't know sh!t about makeup!

Oh, and I actually like reading the MA's rents and vents about there jobs so i know what I'm in for if I ever get a job as an MA!
smiles.gif

gatsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I'm sorry but I have to ad that I think it's ridiculous that we can't come on here and voice opinions about situations we deal with in our jobs and can all relate to without having some know-it-all that has never been in our shoes coming in and either telling us "That is your job, you have to deal with that" or "You shouldn't have taken the job then." or "I can match a foundation from a picture and I'm not even a professional" blah blah blah.

I think it's just the fear on a lot of our parts' that some day we will /be/ that bitchy customer the MA complains about. And yeah yeah basically don't act like a psycho and you're prettymuch safe from being on that list but sometimes it's still kind of scary... "what if I'm the one who's accidentally made someone's day worse?" But you totally have a point. Just another POV.

And yes, I've seen that and it's so weird. Jeez, let the MA do her job because really, really, s/he knows better than you. And if you think s/he doesn't, why are you there?