Theme Makeup with a Purpose

meka72

Hey ladies! Just popping in to say "hey!" I've been crazy busy (and I aint happy about it) at work. When I get home, I've been going to bed early. Lately, the "Well Rested" tea from Trader Joe's has been knocking me out.

The last two weeks of the year were low key at work so I didn't wear as much makeup, which means that I didn't wear any eyeshadow. So now, I'm out of the habit of wearing it. I'm going to do better y'all.

Since I'm trying to cycle through my foundations, I decided to wear the Covergirl Queen Collection 3-n-1 foundation in 835 or 840 (I think). The foundation is dead on match for my skin but didn't give me much coverage. So I used the Mac MSF to darken it a bit. Since that was too much of a hassle, the last two days, I've worn the MUFE Pro-Finish in 174. I love that stuff!

I just received my Mac ED blush (Pleasure Model) and skinfinish (Magnetic Appeal), which I really like.

Somehow, I've reined in the makeup buying (except a Mac eyeshadow) but these end of season sales at Banana Republic and JCrew are killing me. Lol. I had to talk myself out of a coat at BR because my coat closet is already swole.

Stay warm!

gexton71

clapping.gif
i am agree with You
iagree.gif

sagehen

I actually have on makeup today (I have been foundation, mascara and lipgloss all week, and I am NOT a lipgloss girl) FACE: MAC F&B, C7, mixed with MUFE F&B, Cognac (trying to use it up - to dark and red, the C7 makes it usable) L'oreal chubby stick concealer (don't remember the name) in N6-7-8 silica powder to set concealer under eyes Tarte Amazonian Clay Powder, Bronze, all over Iman Powder Blush, Sable, for light contour under cheeks Iman Powder Blush, Peace on apples of cheeks EYES: going for untrieds, I used LA Splash eye base with a few of their loose pigments I got on Black Friday. The eye base is legit - have used for awhile, but the pigments fade rather quickly, even with a coat of BN Final Seal applied all over. Deep Blue Sea on lids, Crystal Sand in crease, Abyss in outer crease, smudged under eye Rimmel brow pencil, dark brown and black brown (also new) CG LashBlast Fusion mascara, Very Black LIPS (another untried!): NYX Toast lip liner (not new) Maybelline Lipstick, Touchable Taupe (from the Buffs collex)

meka72

You wear eyeshadow right? If so, for a neutral eye,what are your go-to shades/palettes? If I can resist buying makeup for "awhile" then I will reward myself with an eyeshadow palette (TF Cognac Sable if I can justify it). I'd love to hear any other recommendations that you may have for any other products unrelated to eyeshadow.
Yes, we do. I am NC50.

sagehen

You wear eyeshadow right? If so, for a neutral eye,what are your go-to shades/palettes? If I can resist buying makeup for "awhile" then I will reward myself with an eyeshadow palette (TF Cognac Sable if I can justify it). I'd love to hear any other recommendations that you may have for any other products unrelated to eyeshadow.
Do you have a brand preference?

meka72

Not really but would prefer to be around Nars pricing. I'm not quite there with my eyeshadow application skills to justify Chanel level pricing. That said, I REALLY like one of the latest Chanel eyeshadow shades (Diaspason or something like that).
Do you have a brand preference?
Yes, we do. I am NC50.

sagehen

Not really but would prefer to be around Nars pricing. I'm not quite there with my eyeshadow application skills to justify Chanel level pricing. That said, I REALLY like one of the latest Chanel eyeshadow shades (Diaspason or something like that). You wear eyeshadow right? If so, for a neutral eye,what are your go-to shades/palettes? If I can resist buying makeup for "awhile" then I will reward myself with an eyeshadow palette (TF Cognac Sable if I can justify it). I'd love to hear any other recommendations that you may have for any other products unrelated to eyeshadow.
Ooh, this gives me flexibility. I will ponder this and get back to you. I have some thoughts right off the top of my head, but I need to organize them.My faves are in the MAC/NYX/Stila range of pricing and a couple of new drugstore items too. I don't want to leave anything out.

meka72

Thanks Sage! I know you're busy and appreciate that you're taking the time to help me NOT to look like Tammy Faye Baker. Lol.
Ooh, this gives me flexibility. I will ponder this and get back to you. I have some thoughts right off the top of my head, but I need to organize them.My faves are in the MAC/NYX/Stila range of pricing and a couple of new drugstore items too. I don't want to leave anything out.

aradhana

I actually have on makeup today (I have been foundation, mascara and lipgloss all week, and I am NOT a lipgloss girl) FACE: MAC F&B, C7, mixed with MUFE F&B, Cognac (trying to use it up - to dark and red, the C7 makes it usable) L'oreal chubby stick concealer (don't remember the name) in N6-7-8 silica powder to set concealer under eyes Tarte Amazonian Clay Powder, Bronze, all over Iman Powder Blush, Sable, for light contour under cheeks Iman Powder Blush, Peace on apples of cheeks Maybelline Lipstick, Touchable Taupe (from the Buffs collex)
sage hen how do you like the amazonian clay powder? i've only tried tarte's blushes, but i'm quite curious about their other products!
Thanks Sage! I know you're busy and appreciate that you're taking the time to help me NOT to look like Tammy Faye Baker. Lol.
meka...i don't know which of the three ladies in your new avi pic is you, but you ladies look so cute!

meka72

Thanks! That's a pic of my mother (in the orange dress), my daughter (in the strapless top) and me (in the white dress). It was finally time to upload a real pic. Lol.
meka...i don't know which of the three ladies in your new avi pic is you, but you ladies look so cute!

meka72

Since I had today off and jumped out of bed to get gas before the next polar vortex, I kept my makeup really simple: Mac MSF dark deep/deep dark Elf brow gel Benefit "they're real" mascara Stila Beso liquid lipstick Yep, real simple. I did miss blush though. As an aside, as Christmas gifts, I gave my "no makeup" wearing sister a LaFemme blush, RiRi Woo lipstick, Stila lip glaze (can't remember color but it was clearish) and Stila liquid lipstick in Beso. She loves it all. Now she's talking about she wants to learn how to do a smokey eye and plans on buying more blush. Lol.

sagehen

sage hen how do you like the amazonian clay powder? i've only tried tarte's blushes, but i'm quite curious about their other products!
I am trying to use it up. It's OK, not great. For the price, it's not worth it to me. I think I am going to leave Tarte alone.

aradhana

I am trying to use it up. It's OK, not great. For the price, it's not worth it to me. I think I am going to leave Tarte alone.
Thanks for the input - that's generally why i've stayed away...price vs not knowing how the product will perform. I'd rather try a sample or something first! I liked the blush that I tried but there are so many other nice blushes out there...

sagehen

Thanks for the input - that's generally why i've stayed away...price vs not knowing how the product will perform. I'd rather try a sample or something first! I liked the blush that I tried but there are so many other nice blushes out there...
This is exactly my thought on Tarte - for the price, I can always think of something that will perform as well or better. I have the Amazonian Clay Powder in Bronze, which promises not to leave a cast on darker skins, but it sort of makes my foundation look "off". I dunno - it doesn't play well with a lot of other products.

Prettypackages

Hey ladies!

Just dropping in to say hi.

Do you think I can wear a red lipstick (studded kiss ) with purplish colors. I want to wear it, but have on purple today. Ah who cares, right? LOL

aradhana

Definitely. Purple eye shadow w red lips...big yes. Think of Archie's girls....veronica collection. Purple quad - ronnie red. Yep!

Prettypackages

Thank you ladies, I should have said my clothes were in the purple range. I normally don't fret over stuff like that, but MissTT has me worried about clashing my lipstick with my clothes. LOL

Did any of you get the riri viva glam?

Latest posts