Theme Makeup with a Purpose

CartoonChic

Happy, Happy New Year! I did decide to stay in for New Year's Eve. Started not to feel well and got lazy. But at the last minute, I decided to still do a full face of makeup and my hair. Here's a pic. I still feel funny posting face pics, so I made it small to make me feel better. Lol!

EYES

• Brows: MAC Spiked
  • Base: NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base; NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil
  • Lid: Chanel Les 4 Ombres Kaska Beige Bronze
  • Crease: Chanel Les 4 Ombres Kaska Beige Brown; MAC Round Midnight EDES
  • Outer Corner: Chanel Les 4 Ombres Kaska Beige Plum; MAC Round Midnight EDES
  • Inner Corner: wet n wild Color Icon Palette Vanity Frost Cream
  • Lower Lash: MAC Stylishly Merry EDES
  • Eyeliner: MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
  • Lashes: Mary Kay I Heart Black; YSL Fetish Black Volume Effet Faux Cils Baby Doll (both are samples)

FACE

• NARS Madly Blush
  • NARS Loose Light Reflecting Setting Powder

LIPS

• Lip Pencil: NYX Prune (outline)
  • Lipstick: MAC Punk Couture; YSL
    39 Pourpre Divin​
  • Lipgloss: YSL
    47 White Gold Topaze​
    (applied with lip brush)

I like how it turned out. I would've added a face/cheek/brow bone highlighter to make everything more sparkly, but I forgot. I was rushing to finish before midnight. I also didn't experiment with false lashes like I wanted. I didn't get the chance to buy any yet, so I tried piling on mascara instead. I think lashes will be the new thing I try for 2014.

Prettypackages

Very pretty CC. I love your hair.

I cannot find a link to the hats. the fedora I got during market days, and completely forgot the name of the store.
the grey hat was from nordies, but I couldn't find it on their site, then it is their brand so I can't link a brand site. I'm sorry.

Do we have a theme for January? Not that I've been following themes..

SO TT is NOT married? LOL

Just sticking my head in real quick.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year.

I stayed in too. It's been so busy at work, I want to curl up in a ball and cry. No, I'm not being dramatic. LOL

Prettypackages

Hey which color?
I'm starting to LOVE 6pm.com

should I get these in this color or black?
1767198-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

sagehen

@PP: I thought the January theme was untried products. To that end I am wearing new nail polish and a cobalt blue eye liner pencil I impulse-bought last year.

CartoonChic

Hey which color?
I'm starting to LOVE 6pm.com

should I get these in this color or black?
1767198-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Thanks PP! Nope, MissTT isn't married. She's engages. I'm thinking black for the shoes, but I d like the creame color. Lol, I'm no help. Which color will give you the most use?

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

@PP: I thought the January theme was untried products. To that end I am wearing new nail polish and a cobalt blue eye liner pencil I impulse-bought last year.
I thought untried products was the theme for December? Although I did come in at the tail end of it, so I'm not sure.

josephine90

Happy, Happy New Year! I did decide to stay in for New Year's Eve. Started not to feel well and got lazy. But at the last minute, I decided to still do a full face of makeup and my hair. Here's a pic. I still feel funny posting face pics, so I made it small to make me feel better. Lol! EYES
  • Brows: MAC Spiked
  • Base: NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base; NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil
  • Lid: Chanel Les 4 Ombres Kaska Beige Bronze
  • Crease: Chanel Les 4 Ombres Kaska Beige Brown; MAC Round Midnight EDES
  • Outer Corner: Chanel Les 4 Ombres Kaska Beige Plum; MAC Round Midnight EDES
  • Inner Corner: wet n wild Color Icon Palette Vanity Frost Cream
  • Lower Lash: MAC Stylishly Merry EDES
  • Eyeliner: MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
  • Lashes: Mary Kay I Heart Black; YSL Fetish Black Volume Effet Faux Cils Baby Doll (both are samples)
FACE
  • NARS Madly Blush
  • NARS Loose Light Reflecting Setting Powder
LIPS
  • Lip Pencil: NYX Prune (outline)
  • Lipstick: MAC Punk Couture; YSL 
    39 Pourpre Divin​
  • Lipgloss: YSL
    47 White Gold Topaze​
     (applied with lip brush)
I like how it turned out. I would've added a face/cheek/brow bone highlighter to make everything more sparkly, but I forgot. I was rushing to finish before midnight. I also didn't experiment with false lashes like I wanted. I didn't get the chance to buy any yet, so I tried piling on mascara instead. I think lashes will be the new thing I try for 2014.
You look amazing! I love your lips! So we went out for a bit but we came back right after the countdown ( normally, I would linger for hrs after) . The photo is a little blurry, but here's my look

MissTT

CC I'm loving your hair and lips as well. You should have at least run to the store for some sparkling grape juice...

Josephine you look so cute in that pic. Did you highlight quite a bit? The center of your face is really standing out. What blush are you wearing?

Audrey - tell me about the Huggables. Any must-have shades? I haven't gone in that thread for a month or so. Between you and CC I'm motivated to wear a Punk Couture lippie when I go pick up my ring today. I feel like being bold.

PP - 6pm is the devil I tell ya. Especially now that there's free shipping on everything. For the Tsubos do you need more black sandals? Do you think you'll wear these weekly this summer? I am known to purchase the same shoe in 2 colors so...

I was wrong about my shade of MUFE Face & Body btw. I was wearing shade 18 and shade 12 is actually darker. Back to not having a proper foundation shade. LOL

For New Years Day I did a yellow and black eye shadow. A woman came up and asked me if I was wearing a MAC e/s. I gave her some tips about making her yellow shadow more bold. The eye was an experiment hence the many, many colors. I wish the yellow were more vibrant (the setting powder really dulled it), but the product immediately began creasing so I had no choice. I was originally planning to use MUFE Aqua Cream in Yellow 24, but our Sephora apparently has stopped carrying it. I'm sure that wouldn't have creased like the flash palette yellow i used.

FACE
Too Faced Primed & Poreless primer
NARS Tinted Moisturizer - Malaga
NARS Radiant Concealer - Biscuit or Ginger
Ben Nye banana powder set concealer
NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
Whisper of Gilt edsf cheek highlight
Tarte Dazzled blush
Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer 03
EYES
Smashbox Photo Lid primer
MUFE Flash Palette yellow on lid (set w/ loose powder due to creasing)
Shroom tear ducts and brow highlight
Beautyburst in crease
Soft Brown above crease
Najm el Lail in outer crease
Urban Decay Creep outer 1/3 lid and outer crease
UD N3 Strange for brow highlight
Maybelline black gel eyeliner winged on upper eye
Buxom Hold the Line black eyeliner bottom lashes
Benefit They're Real mascara
Anastasia Brow Wiz Dark Brunette
LIPS
Hodgepodge l/l
Freckletone l/s
Bite Beauty Lush Fruit gloss - Honey

MissTT

sagehen (or anyone who has a great eye for color): what lipstick shades go well with blue, green, and pink tops? (By go well I'm just trying to make sure I don't completely clash.) Also, I just got a sherbet orange sweater. Could it still support bronzy or red lips? Neons are a toughy.

sagehen

Ooh, yes, neons are yough. I would just go bronzy, but not in an obvious way. Does that make sense? Hmm...green shirt...coral lips - milky coral gloss with lots of pigment or depending on the shade, if it's dark green I might fo straight orange depending on what the rest of my face looks like. Pink? I am stuck on matchy because I like pink lipstick. Blue: depending on the color, I would go red, purple or pink. Navy blue compels me to wear pink lips, but lighter blues allow some flexibility.

josephine90

CC I'm loving your hair and lips as well. You should have at least run to the store for some sparkling grape juice... Josephine you look so cute in that pic. Did you highlight quite a bit? The center of your face is really standing out. What blush are you wearing? Audrey - tell me about the Huggables. Any must-have shades? I haven't gone in that thread for a month or so. Between you and CC I'm motivated to wear a Punk Couture lippie when I go pick up my ring today. I feel like being bold. PP - 6pm is the devil I tell ya. Especially now that there's free shipping on everything. For the Tsubos do you need more black sandals? Do you think you'll wear these weekly this summer? I am known to purchase the same shoe in 2 colors so... I was wrong about my shade of MUFE Face & Body btw. I was wearing shade 18 and shade 12 is actually darker. Back to not having a proper foundation shade. LOL For New Years Day I did a yellow and black eye shadow. A woman came up and asked me if I was wearing a MAC e/s. I gave her some tips about making her yellow shadow more bold. The eye was an experiment hence the many, many colors. I wish the yellow were more vibrant (the setting powder really dulled it), but the product immediately began creasing so I had no choice. I was originally planning to use MUFE Aqua Cream in Yellow 24, but our Sephora apparently has stopped carrying it. I'm sure that wouldn't have creased like the flash palette yellow i used. FACE Too Faced Primed & Poreless primer NARS Tinted Moisturizer - Malaga NARS Radiant Concealer - Biscuit or Ginger Ben Nye banana powder set concealer NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder Whisper of Gilt edsf cheek highlight Tarte Dazzled blush Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer 03 EYES Smashbox Photo Lid primer MUFE Flash Palette yellow on lid (set w/ loose powder due to creasing) Shroom tear ducts and brow highlight Beautyburst in crease Soft Brown above crease Najm el Lail in outer crease Urban Decay Creep outer 1/3 lid and outer crease UD N3 Strange for brow highlight Maybelline black gel eyeliner winged on upper eye Buxom Hold the Line black eyeliner bottom lashes Benefit They're Real mascara Anastasia Brow Wiz Dark Brunette LIPS Hodgepodge l/l Freckletone l/s Bite Beauty Lush Fruit gloss - Honey
Thanks!! Yes , I did highlight quite a lot, and I also used lust msf from the tropical taboo collection on my cheekbones, not something I wear daily though. My blush is etude house cookie blusher in strawberry muffin! I love those blushes, they are sooo cute! U need to give me more tips on smokey eyes, I kinda just wing it lol

PixieDancer

Ok girlies.... New Year!!! What's our January Theme?
I started a Low-Buy Thread and I linked this thread in my first post!! I think committing to that thread and this thread will help me tons in shopping my stash and getting motivated this New Year!
So.... I'm back and ready to play!

BTW.... SUPERFANTASTIC news MissTT!!! CONGRATS on the Engagement! How exciting!! Make sure to share all the news!
and prettypackages... you're freaking hot as FFFFFFFFF! Now I want to wear hats! Love those pics!

meka72

MsTT, I may have to give up on p&p. I tried your recommendation and my lipstick didn't last at all. That said, the lipstick was a lipstick-lip gloss hybrid and that could've played a major factor in the (lack of) wear time.
Meka try putting on P+P before you start any of your makeup and that should give it enough time. I haven't found the right rhythm with it either, but I keep going

MissTT

Ok girlies.... New Year!!! What's our January Theme?
I started a Low-Buy Thread and I linked this thread in my first post!! I think committing to that thread and this thread will help me tons in shopping my stash and getting motivated this New Year!
So.... I'm back and ready to play!

BTW.... SUPERFANTASTIC news MissTT!!! CONGRATS on the Engagement! How exciting!! Make sure to share all the news!
and prettypackages... you're freaking hot as FFFFFFFFF! Now I want to wear hats! Love those pics!
Thank you, Pixie! Picked up the ring from being resized last night.
Is your Low-Buy thread for the year or month? It's so easy to over-buy being on here. I've noticed that I really want what I don't have access to. For example, I don't really feel that compelled to buy things available to me in the Sephora store. I get samples where I can and realize how much of a ripoff/disappointment most cosmetics and skincare are. Let it be online or LE and I'm like a junkie wondering how good the high will be.

Quote: Originally Posted by meka72

MsTT, I may have to give up on p&p. I tried your recommendation and my lipstick didn't last at all. That said, the lipstick was a lipstick-lip gloss hybrid and that could've played a major factor in the (lack of) wear time.
Who knows what the magic trick is. I'm not sure if the formula would affect performance or not.

Can I just say how sweet Miss Meka is? She was kind of enough to send me the matte Color Tattoos I had been looking all over tarnation for - as a gift. Thank you, Meka, for your random act of kindness.
bouquet.gif

Prettypackages

Very pretty Josephine!!

Yellow and black shadow? Now you know we needed a pic of that!

Sage, love your color suggestions.... I need to go back a few pages and make sure I have the other ones listed.

Speaking of generous gifts... MissTT sent me an awesome stash last Month... Still haven't had a chance to go through it all though. :/

Matte color tattos? What did I miss out on?

I really need to do a low buy... I probably will. I haven't seen the pics, but the upcoming mac collex are not calling me.

Prettypackages

I just googled them... damn, now I must go on a hunt. I usually have luck finding those LE drugstore finds in the boonies... wish me luck!

Prettypackages

depot or not to depot? What are you all's thoughts? I talking about eyeshadows... I need to organize my stash, and don't use items b/c I can't see them. So I was thinking of depotting all of my eyeshadows. Even the shadows that are in palettes. Except for the Naked Palettes...

meka72

MsTT, it was my pleasure! Tracking those things down gave me something to do. Lol. Since participating in this thread, I've slowed down on buying things that I already had a bunch of (foundation). I've also become reacquainted with MUFE pro-finish, which I wore 4 out of 5 days last week. I want to wear it again this week but will probably use KVD lock it foundation just to try the sigma F80/82 brush with a thicker foundation. I have not, however, slowed down on buying things that I don't have like the Mac EDSF. I'm waiting on Magnetic Appeal but want Superb too. I'm on a low buy for makeup that has transferred over to natural hair products. Sheesh!