Theme Makeup with a Purpose

meka72

MsTT, your birthday makeup sounds pretty! I'm sure you had a cute birthday outfit to match. Congrats on the engagement! Question: do people still say "outfit?" I feel old and southern when I say that. My friend says I sound old because I say "hairdresser" instead of "hair stylist." Lol. What can I say...I'm a 90s baby.

MissTT

I will admit 'hairdresser' sounds dated to me, but I also recognize it's what people grew up saying so I don't think too much about it. Now 'outfit', that's out? What would be in? My daughter says something now that we used to say in the 90's, but I can't recall what it is right now. She's acting like they just made it up. I'll post when I remember it. I tried to bring back duckets, but it really didn't work. Caught an old episode of 21 Jump Street and nearly choked when I heard the word. Why were we supposed to believe those old looking actors were able to play high school kids?

sagehen

I failed on ushering out the year on a good note. I am wearing foundation/powder, eyeliner, mascara and brow pencil. Maybe at some point today I will put on lipstick but at this point it is destined to be nude or even just gloss in spite of the purse full of lipstick I am toting.

CartoonChic

I will admit 'hairdresser' sounds dated to me, but I also recognize it's what people grew up saying so I don't think too much about it. Now 'outfit', that's out? What would be in? My daughter says something now that we used to say in the 90's, but I can't recall what it is right now. She's acting like they just made it up. I'll post when I remember it. I tried to bring back duckets, but it really didn't work. Caught an old episode of 21 Jump Street and nearly choked when I heard the word. Why were we supposed to believe those old looking actors were able to play high school kids?
LOL! I still say hairdresser and outfit. Didn't realize they were considered outdated words, but I'm not going to change it. I was so confused when I heard people call a pacifier a "binky." I also still say "purse" instead of "bag." "Bag" just makes me think of a bag lady or a shopping bag. But at least I don't say "pocket book."
girlhaha.gif

Now I'm wondering about what other words I say that make me sound old.
hmm.gif

meka72

I try to say "purse" but "pocketbook" certainly comes out when I'm visiting my family. Lol. I haven't been wearing much eye makeup, liner and/or mascara because work has been quiet. Last week, I switched my foundations daily as I tested out the sigma f80/82. I concluded that Nars Sheer Glow might be a smidgen too light unless I use a beauty blender. Plus, my mother, who is IMO considerably lighter than me, discovered it via a sample and says that it is a perfect match for her. That said, she traditionally buys foundation that are darker than her actual skin. Nevertheless, I may gift her at least half the bottle. Lol. Last week, I also used a sample of stila stay all day in deep and loved it! I received compliments on that one. I'll probably invest in a bottle at the next beauty sale somewhere. This week, I'm sticking to one foundation, MUFE pro-finish in 174. I really like how my skin looks natural, not powdery, with this. I remembered why I fell in love with it months ago. I bought Mac prep & prime for lips and it is NOT helping my lipstick. In fact, I have less wear time with it. I was putting balm on my lips before and wiping it off before applying p&p. I stopped that and just p&p on my naked lips. That didn't help. Any suggestions?

CartoonChic

I bought Mac prep & prime for lips and it is NOT helping my lipstick. In fact, I have less wear time with it. I was putting balm on my lips before and wiping it off before applying p&p. I stopped that and just p&p on my naked lips. That didn't help. Any suggestions?
Are you waiting a few minutes after applying Prep+Prime to apply your lipstick? I don't apply lipstick right away when I use it. I wait a few minutes for it to get tacky first, then apply lipstick. Maybe that will help.

meka72

You sound gorgeous dahhhhling!
I failed on ushering out the year on a good note. I am wearing foundation/powder, eyeliner, mascara and brow pencil. Maybe at some point today I will put on lipstick but at this point it is destined to be nude or even just gloss in spite of the purse full of lipstick I am toting.

meka72

Yes, I wait at least 5 minutes. My lips don't feel chapped but maybe I'll exfoliate and see if p&p works.
Are you waiting a few minutes after applying Prep+Prime to apply your lipstick? I don't apply lipstick right away when I use it. I wait a few minutes for it to get tacky first, then apply lipstick. Maybe that will help.

meka72

I tried to pay attention to it this morning. It didn't feel racket after 5 minutes. A woman at Mac told me that may be putting too much on so I backed off and try to apply a light layer. That clearly ain't working. My RRW looks awful right now.
Does it feel tacky after the 5 minutes? 

josephine90

We were planning to go out tonight, but im too lazy right now, at this rate i might end up staying at home eating chinese and watching tv, im so no fun lol

josephine90

I think the trick is for it to feel tacky first, so you may have to wait longer than 5 minutes. Prep+Prime wasn't working for me either when I first got it. Then it was suggested to me to wait for the tacky feeling and it worked.  Lol Me too!
I was so excited, i even watched some youtube videos yesterday trying to figure a look for today haha now it might be no makeup, hair in a bun and pjs!!

meka72

I'll give that a try! Thanks for the help
I think the trick is for it to feel tacky first, so you may have to wait longer than 5 minutes. Prep+Prime wasn't working for me either when I first got it. Then it was suggested to me to wait for the tacky feeling and it worked.  Lol Me too!

aradhana

So no, not pulling legs really. I'm not married, but I did get a proposal on my bday. He got the ring in a size so huge it fell off so I've been unable to wear it. Took it in today to get it resized. I promised sagehen I would announce it with an I's married now and kept my word. I actually haven't even told my family yet. I felt bad b/c I saw my cousin today and I think he may know from my daughter, but I've been feeling some type of way about the whole situation so I just need to absorb it for now. I'll tell him next week when I see him. My skin is so gorgeous and glowy today. I used the Sisley Paris Radiant Glow Express Mask and I think it did it's job. I'm wearing MUFE Face & Body foundation in 12 which is a bit too dark now so I think I need to try 18. (Eww, I just looked in the mirror and it's turned orange. The difference a few weeks makes in your coloring...) On my eyes I'm wearing MUFE Aqua Shadow stick in 2E Matte Brown with Zestful EDES over it. It looks okay, but I prefer the way Eclair p/p looks under it a bit more. I'm going to try to incorporate shadow sticks into my look a bit more to hopefully save time. I wore Richly Honed for contour and I don't know if I over blended or what, but I didn't notice a significant difference. I used Tarte's Dazzled on my cheeks with Whisper of Gilt to highlight. Dior Night Fantasy gloss. I'm headed to work for the evening so I think I'm going to add green liner for the lower lash line and I'll throw on some gloss. The mall will be slow as the weather has turned treacherous and I guess there are lots of accidents. My guy works for the state patrol and just told me to stay off the Interstate. Now I gotta drive the long way. Grrrr!
Congrats on your engagement! Sounds like you had an excellent birthday!
Hello Ladies, I hope the holidays have been good to you all. Peeking my head in between feedings. Lol. My munchkin is three months old now so it will be getting easier to participate. Next must concentrate on this baby weight. Lol. Luckily there is makeup to highlight, cut and crease to give you some semblance of your former self. It used to be shoes but boy babies and weight have increased my shoe size. Congratulations Miss TT and Happy Birthday! (Fellow December baby) I look forward to a new year of fun with you all PGD
Congrats on your baby!
MsTT, your birthday makeup sounds pretty! I'm sure you had a cute birthday outfit to match. Congrats on the engagement! Question: do people still say "outfit?" I feel old and southern when I say that. My friend says I sound old because I say "hairdresser" instead of "hair stylist." Lol. What can I say...I'm a 90s baby.
Hmmm I also say outfit...the only other thing I can think of is 'look'...

honybr

Congrats Miss TT! Tonight we're going to church but I don't feel like doing full eye makeup so I'm going with the basic eyeliner and mascara. I will however be wearing Instigator because too simple goes against everything that is me. Ha! Happy New Year my beautiful Specktra companions! May 2014 bring health happiness and more fabulous makeup!

MissTT

Happy New Year ladies! I went to the post office and Walmart today so I didn't do anything interesting makeup-wise. Just Nars tinted moisturizer and loose powder, Eclair p/p, Style blush, Dior gloss, black liner and mascara. Tomorrow i'd like to do a yellow/gold and black eye look but I'm not sure what lipstick to pair with it. Probably nude since a few drinks will be had. Meka try putting on P+P before you start any of your makeup and that should give it enough time. I haven't found the right rhythm with it either, but I keep going with it. Josephine and CC sounds like we all got lazy. I'm blaming the weather. Supposed to have another snow dump tomorrow. Audrey glad to see you here! How are you wearing your makeup this New Year's?

Audrey C

Audrey glad to see you here! How are you wearing your makeup this New Year's?
We had a low key NYE at home. My son had his wisdom teeth out the day before so he wasn't up for much. We all just watched movies together and no one got dressed up.

I wore the two pink shades from the Antonio Lopez Creative Copper palette on my lid, Nooner and Limit from N3 as transition/crease colours and the brown shades from the CC palette in the corner. Twice Baked liner on the upper lash line, Roach on the lower and mascara. Nothing too bold or over the top, but I really love the CC palette.

I wore Launch Away blush and Definitely Defined EDSF on my cheeks and Soar liner with Out for Passion Huggable lipstick.

I wore Instigator with Currant liner earlier in the day but I'm finding it a bit patchy, even with P&P. I'll need to play with it some more before I decide if it's a deal-breaker or not. I like the colour but I need to do a heavy application to get good coverage and its dark enough on me that I don't necessarily want to do that.

Hope you all had a fun evening last night, and Happy New Year!